Lindesfarne festival

Coopertrooper

Hi all,

Has anyone been to the festival before? Just booked and looking for a bit of info from anyone who's been. I am a regular festival goer ( normally 2 per year) and have Kendal tickets booked already. Missed out on Glasto this year (gutted) but fancied a smaller festival for a change. 

• 2 weeks later...

I went last year and had a great time. It's right on my doorstep which is an added bonus. Really friendly and laid back festival. We didn't find queues at any bars and the few food vans there were really good. It could probably do with a few more food vans if I was to be picky but it can't be that much of a problem for me because I bought a ticket to go again this year. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Coopertrooper said:

Just seen that there's a Daft Punk tribute act playing on Thursday night..... That's got to be the best ever tribute band. How will you ever know!!!

Covering daft punk is a challenge - Im sure it will be really good .Get your darlek helmets on!Im driving up from st albans on the Thursday - picking a mate up in cramlington - so weve just decided to miss Thursday altogether- were gonna roll in all reelaaxed like Friday lunchtime.

Just now, simonthecyclist said:

Covering daft punk is a challenge - Im sure it will be really good .Get your darlek helmets on!Im driving up from st albans on the Thursday - picking a mate up in cramlington - so weve just decided to miss Thursday altogether- were gonna roll in all reelaaxed like Friday lunchtime.

We're coming from Bolton and Preston and hoping to get there for about 6.30 on the Thursday. Always loved Daft Punk so they should get the party going! Seen both the Fratellis and the view before at other festivals and always thought they've put on a good show. Really looking forward to it, just hoping for better weather than when I was at Kendal calling the other week.

looking forward to it myself.I have been going to glastonbury for  ten years but always enjoy smaller festival.More chilled.

Weather has been crazy recently - went from uncomfortably hot here to downright chilly in about three hours.LF has got some seriously big tents though- were gonna be alright.

Im packing for Cornwall right now- leaving in 6 hours!

So there is obviously a month long heatwave about to begin!

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Coopertrooper said:

Well with 6 days to go the weather looks dry on the forecast. Fingers crossed for trainer weather! Looks like you can still buy tickets though.. is this normal? Does anyone know the capacity?

I don't think they've ever managed to sell out. I'm not sure on the capacity but it's the smallest festival I've been to. It's really good though. 

3 hours ago, Mol87 said:

Really looking forward to going. How tight was the security? It seems pretty out in the open 

The security was quite tight to begin with but I'm not sure if they eased off because they recognised us or if they got tired as the weekend went on. I saw a few smuggled in drinks on the Saturday  

1 hour ago, Coopertrooper said:

I've just had a look on the website but can't find any info on cash machines. Anyone know if there are any on site? 

I can't remember if there were cash machines or not. There's a garage and a pub at the top of the road and a cafe opposite the festival itself. Berwick isn't too far away if you drive. 

Not gonna lie when I read the 'safety and security' section of the website it made me feel like we should be prepared to be ambushed! I'm happy to drink in the campsite then buy at the bars, but hope there is ample fencing/security on the perimeters in that way as opposed to stopping drink getting in.