NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

21 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Cheers lucy. Much appreciated. I nearly 'went'before him recently. About 4 to 5 weeks ago, at one stage, I was given less than two hours to live. Turned out to be total kidney failure with a toxicity level of 1000. I'm on the road to recovery though. Dave was a lovely bloke, who I clicked with within seconds of meeting him. A generous man, who gave of himself to others.

It is with that in mind that I dedicate another song to him;

youtube.com/?gl=GB&hl=en-GB

Anyway, hope you are well, and possibly see you at Boomtown - if I get there! You know what I'm like for actually turning up at festivals!

Oh my word Yog!! Thank god you got through that episode!! What happened? Raising a cup of vodka to Dave (no decent size glass in this hotel!). 

@vintagelaureate that’s lovely news to hear of your daughter. I hope it continues. 

@mr gumby 7 weeks and 5 days!! I’m even gonna do fancy dress. I’ve bought a load of alcohol ready for all of my festivals, and stored it in the loft so I can’t drink it!! 

@Sawdusty Surfer you don’t have the best of luck when it comes to bones! What on Earth happened? Have you been skiing? Speedy recovery dude. 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Oh my word Yog!! Thank god you got through that episode!! What happened? Raising a cup of vodka to Dave (no decent size glass in this hotel!). 

@vintagelaureate that’s lovely news to hear of your daughter. I hope it continues. 

@mr gumby 7 weeks and 5 days!! I’m even gonna do fancy dress. I’ve bought a load of alcohol ready for all of my festivals, and stored it in the loft so I can’t drink it!! 

@Sawdusty Surfer you don’t have the best of luck when it comes to bones! What on Earth happened? Have you been skiing? Speedy recovery dude. 

Hello Curlygirl,

I'm a little too pissed and tired to go in to detail right now, but it was, apparently, a very close call. I thought I'd be to buy some cough medecine, or actually be given some anti-biotics, but instead it was explained to me that (on a number of fronts) I was too close to death for comfort. They explained to me that I had less than two hours to live. Then they said that the procedure that they needed to carry out, could, in itself,actually kill me. Fuckety fuck, I thought to myself! Anyway, I'm still here - just about -I do feel weak and totally shagged out knackered. If I wasn't so very stupid, I could do something about it - I think. 

Anyway, I hope that you are well, and in happy form. :)

16 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Curlygirl,

I'm a little too pissed and tired to go in to detail right now, but it was, apparently, a very close call. I thought I'd be to buy some cough medecine, or actually be given some anti-biotics, but instead it was explained to me that (on a number of fronts) I was too close to death for comfort. They explained to me that I had less than two hours to live. Then they said that the procedure that they needed to carry out, could, in itself,actually kill me. Fuckety fuck, I thought to myself! Anyway, I'm still here - just about -I do feel weak and totally shagged out knackered. If I wasn't so very stupid, I could do something about it - I think. 

Anyway, I hope that you are well, and in happy form. :)

So you just felt unwell? Thankfully you sought help when you did!! Hope you’re in form soon dude. Stay well and maybe cut back on the goodies? Thinking of you x

11 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

So you just felt unwell? Thankfully you sought help when you did!! Hope you’re in form soon dude. Stay well and maybe cut back on the goodies? Thinking of you x

You're an angel Curlygirl. It was a little bit more than feeling unwell, if truth be told. I thought that I was just about to have a heart attack. Things were not right within my chest. Anyway, it's over now. Moving swiftly on, thanks for your concern, and top shelf for being one of the nice people - really appreciated. 

Guess what? I'm going to claim that I am beyond normality when it comes to consensus reality. If you really re...ally need to now why, it's because the Tax Man, apparently, needs to maintain an interest in me. Why? Anyway, I'm going to say that the reason I haven't conformed, up to now,, is that I'm............... MAD. MAD, you see.Nobody gets out alive! Frying tonight! 

hope all is well now  @Yoghurt on a Stick. should really organise myself a festival this year although I worry the smaller ones are going to be a let down @Curlygirl after just pretty much going to Glastonbury only over the years ... what fancy dress are you doing ? or is it top secret ? :) anyway I put it on another thread but here is a video for you 2 watch with sawdusty and myself in ... I chatted to him during filming but didn't realise it was the one and only ... although I new he had the band connections was just very slow putting 2 and 2 together . but watching it im not surprised he causes himself injuries !! Happy Easter all 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

hope all is well now  @Yoghurt on a Stick. should really organise myself a festival this year although I worry the smaller ones are going to be a let down @Curlygirl after just pretty much going to Glastonbury only over the years ... what fancy dress are you doing ? or is it top secret ? :) anyway I put it on another thread but here is a video for you 2 watch with sawdusty and myself in ... I chatted to him during filming but didn't realise it was the one and only ... although I new he had the band connections was just very slow putting 2 and 2 together . but watching it im not surprised he causes himself injuries !! Happy Easter all 

Having only been to Glastonbury before, I went to my first smaller festival last year. I went to Beautiful Days, which is only about 10% the capacity of Glasto. I was unsure myself about it, but I needn't have been. There was plenty to see and do, you don't have to have over a hundred stages to choose from! I'll always be excited about going to Glasto, but being able to get from one stage to another in a few minutes, rather than trekking for an hour, made a nice change. Go on, give one a go! :)

I'll echo mr gumby's advice - smalller festivals can be great fun, and are much cheaper than Glastonbury. I'm going to the Big Love festival in a few weeks time. Can't wait. TBH it looks a bit like an 'exclusive' kind of boutique festival, but what the fuck! I bought tickets without knowing about it. I don't give a shit really - I just want a break away in the campervan, and this will do the job nicely, I'd say. I'm not a great one for dresssing up, but may need to pull my finger out on this one, as it looks a little Fancy Dress City to me. 

14 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Having only been to Glastonbury before, I went to my first smaller festival last year. I went to Beautiful Days, which is only about 10% the capacity of Glasto. I was unsure myself about it, but I needn't have been. There was plenty to see and do, you don't have to have over a hundred stages to choose from! I'll always be excited about going to Glasto, but being able to get from one stage to another in a few minutes, rather than trekking for an hour, made a nice change. Go on, give one a go! :)

beautiful days is definitely the one I would try ... for locality and I like the levellers :) . I suppose the one thing I do struggle with at Glastonbury is my energy levels by the sunday I want to Dance but the legs won't let me !!  .. and im relatively fit !! so the not walking so far makes total sense ... just need to work on my friend now to persuade him and get his wifes permission :)

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

beautiful days is definitely the one I would try ... for locality and I like the levellers :) . I suppose the one thing I do struggle with at Glastonbury is my energy levels by the sunday I want to Dance but the legs won't let me !!  .. and im relatively fit !! so the not walking so far makes total sense ... just need to work on my friend now to persuade him and get his wifes permission :)

I reckon it's only about a kilometre from the festival gates to the Bimble Inn, which is the furthest point on site, so it's nothing compared to the pounding your legs take at Glasto. Depending where you camp, you can even be closer than that to everything. I'll be there again this August, some great stuff on the lineup! Also off to Bearded Theory next month. Bit of a trek for me, but looking forward to trying it! :) One thing this year so far has taught me, is that you never know how long you've got, so I want to get out there and experience the good stuff while I can.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I reckon it's only about a kilometre from the festival gates to the Bimble Inn, which is the furthest point on site, so it's nothing compared to the pounding your legs take at Glasto. Depending where you camp, you can even be closer than that to everything. I'll be there again this August, some great stuff on the lineup! Also off to Bearded Theory next month. Bit of a trek for me, but looking forward to trying it! :) One thing this year so far has taught me, is that you never know how long you've got, so I want to get out there and experience the good stuff while I can.

thats true ... thats partly why I took redundancy recently ... might sound daft but I almost love festival atmospheres more than the music itself . we flew over it on our return from holiday last year so have a bit of an idea of size :) ... right gonna do some persuading over some cider this evening :) 

Hey @crazyfool1, I’m not doing anything adventurous, Bestival theme is circus and bearded Theory is woodland/faery type stuff so just going to concoct a clownish outfit and fairy outfit. Bought some netting to make a floaty skirt to go over a net skirt, long sleeve top, peacock leggings and black wings. You should definitely do a smaller festival. They will never be Glasto but they are a lot more forgiving on the body!! I have as much fun at Kendal Calling as I do at The big G! 

Great video too, but can’t quite work out who you and dusty are! Please enlighten me. I’m looking forward to seeing them at Bearded. 

Edited by Curlygirl

24 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Hey @crazyfool1, I’m not doing anything adventurous, Bestival theme is circus and bearded Theory is woodland/faery type stuff so just going to concoct a clownish outfit and fairy outfit. Bought some netting to make a floaty skirt to go over a net skirt, long sleeve top, peacock leggings and black wings. You should definitely do a smaller festival. They will never be Glasto but they are a lot more forgiving on the body!! I have as much fun at Kendal Calling as I do at The big G! 

Great video too, but can’t quite work out who you and dusty are! Please enlighten me. I’m looking forward to seeing them at Bearded. 

well I have a 1 second appearance around the 3 min mark and look something like my avatar ... and sawdusty has a chainsaw in his hand whilst not being able to see much in a mouse outfit :) 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

well I have a 1 second appearance around the 3 min mark and look something like my avatar ... and sawdusty has a chainsaw in his hand whilst not being able to see much in a mouse outfit :) 

Just after the peg man? I saw you. Great acting skills there sir haha! 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

well I was thinking of becoming a film extra ... now my supermarket career is coming to an end :) 

Why not! I know someone who is an extra and he’s going for bigger parts now. He’s with an agency. He has to provide his own costumes tho! Won’t be too difficult for you I’m sure. 

2 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Why not! I know someone who is an extra and he’s going for bigger parts now. He’s with an agency. He has to provide his own costumes tho! Won’t be too difficult for you I’m sure. 

ha ha ... I was only joking ... now theres an idea :) 

On 4/2/2018 at 7:10 AM, guypjfreak said:

Well that's my son married.. I'm tired.. And don't think it's just stress.. The 29 plus tablets a day might not be helpful lol 

. G

Congrats to your son!

I myself have now been married just over a week :D

Also my daughter is now just over 7 weeks old :D

Not been in the forum for a while, it’s been an insane couple of months !

2 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Congrats to your son!

I myself have now been married just over a week :D

Also my daughter is now just over 7 weeks old :D

Not been in the forum for a while, it’s been an insane couple of months !

Congratulations on both! 

• Upvote 1

Hello lovely people.  Congratulations to those just married and just become parents,  warm hugs to those of you who aren't well or have lost people you love.  Well done for still being with us @Yoghurt on a Stick@vintagelaureate I hope your daughter (and her amazing parents) continue to go from strength to strength.  @crazyfool1 good luck with the acting jobs.  Hope the festival preparations are going well @mr gumby, @Curlygirl and @lucyginger.  We're failing to decide on a festival to go to en famille this year.  Latitude doesn't look inspiring, and we may go to see Tame Impala at Gunnersbury that weekend.  I'm trying to persuade Mr Moo that Bluedot's worth a try,  but may end up going on my own.

It seems a little trivial now given other people's news, but I gave evidence at the Commons Education Select Committee inquiry into  alternative provision (education outside mainstream schools) a couple of weeks ago.  The Head of Outreach Education, who helped my son so much, was there in February,  and afterwards they asked if she knew a parent who'd be willing to go to a less formal session of the committee.  She immediately thought of me!  It was amazing to be listened to by people who actually might be able to make a difference. Though I disagree with the politics of some of the MPs on the committee, they genuinely seemed to want to improve things for young people who don't fit in a system driven by grades and stupidly narrow ideas of what education is for.  There were 3 other parents there,  and it turned out all of us had boys with autism.  Shows how little understanding there is of the condition in mainstream school. 

Don't really have much else to report, other than I seem to have overdosed on chocolate at the weekend.  I didn't think that was possible :huh:

• Upvote 1