NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

14 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

www.streetlink.org.uk

Please, please contact Streetlink tell them exactly where you saw them, they will send people out to help them.

they were just sat there without any sleeping gear so I cant say thats where they are sleeping unfortunately ... I have tried to sign up but the site requires this information 

4 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Tweet them, phone them.. all deets on attached pic from their Twitter page - they are currently extremely busy but are trying to get as many people as possible inside.  Please do anything you can to get them the help they need.

Screenshot_20180301-201357.png

They aren't there any longer have just been out again ...checked all doorways and areas around .. the hostels are down that way too so think that would have been where they were going ... believe me im as concerned as you guys ... but the fact they had nothing with them would suggest they weren't staying there .... no evidence of any prints in snow so they have been gone a while ... will walk past again at 5am on way to work just to quadruple check 

3 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Really pleased, thanks Quark.  Trying to get the image of you in gold hotpants out of my head... I give up.  We need pics!

Hope you're all safe out there - @crazyfool1 and @mr gumby are you in the red snow warning area?  What a beautiful scene @fatyeti24.  We've had horizontal snow all day and haven't seen much at all, apart from a collection of miserable looking fieldfares huddled in the garden.  Mr Moo gave up trying to get to work on treacherous roads, and youngest is delighted that school's closed tomorrow.

Hope the winter blues lift soon @Funkyfairy!.  We've been to Latitude 3 times and enjoyed it even without great headliners as there's always loads going on.  Had beautiful weather too. 

I'm wondering about Bluedot at Jodrell Bank, which has Chemical Bros and Future Islands, plus a load of nerdy science stuff which we love.  Has anyone here been?

Hi dizzy,

Yes, we're right in the red zone. It's been falling steadily all day, and is expected to carry on most of tonight. Unfortunately, I can't use it as an excuse to get out of work tomorrow, as they know I'm only a few minutes walk away! Gumby jr's school closed early today, and will be closed tomorrow too. May make a snow pyramid stage in the afternoon! :)

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

even the polar bears haven't made it out today in Taunton :)

Devonian Polar Bears are just harder than their Somerset softy counterparts :lol:

Bruce kept guard though

06BDF5B7-1E3B-4B73-92D3-19C7EF57B973.jpeg

Edited by oneeye

21 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Info all there for anyone to use should you need it :)

Hopefully by sharing more people will be aware of Streetlink, therefore more people will be helped :)

Take care all :bye:

thanks naughtygeorgie ... Im definitely more aware now and will be more proactive in future ... these guys were off to a shelter ive found out since luckily .... Had a bit of a challenging day with regards to homelessness and other people.( so thanks for the kick )  see below post once ive written it ....

ok so this is a bit of a short story so apologies if I send anyone to sleep by the end of it..... I feel like it after 20km in the ice and snow today ... anyway I as some of you may know work in a supermarket and walked to work at 5.30am and by 8am a decision was made by the absent store manager we were to open ... so we endevoured to clear an entrance  to the store and salted it . then a lorry arrived and we managed to clear with the aid of a forklift and pallets , shovels brushes salt and grit a turning circle for this .... breakfast time .... after break we were back in snow clearing mode clearing a path around the side of the building and as we were about to turn the side we were informed of a person in distress at the side of the building 

Unfortunately it was a homeless guy that was on the floor suffering from effects of having just drunk a bottle of whisky and the effects of  spice .we managed to keep him conscious with the help of a passing nurse and managed to get him off the floor and wrapped him up in duvets blankets and cardboard from the store and called an ambulance , with a bit of a wait we kept him talking and after 1hr 45mins the ambulance arrived and we got him onboard , along with a guy from the store who had possibly broken his arm after falling on the way in ... so off went the ambulance with the 2 patients saving the other ambulance from having to respond .

Anyway guys in these challenging times ( and in normal times too ) a thank you goes a long way so I would like to thank any nurses / doctors , carers and anyone who has done anything to help anyone over the past few days that frequent these forums its the people that make the nhs what it is so please dont desert it amid challenging times 

Just one more word

Thanks Thanks Thanks 

Crazyfool ...Alex 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

We heard tales of weather based heroism on the radio this morning, particularly regarding theNHS.

I was saying to HMV, thank fuck we don't have actual proper jobs. 

I dont know what happened to my normal job today .... but thank fuck days like that dont happen often :) stay warm and safe people 

1 hour ago, Iwan90 said:

Hey guys, 

I’m looking for a help with my dissertation project, I am a 3rd year student at Liverpool Hope University Tourism  Management to complete my project I need about 100 more respondents could you please have a look   any help would be gratefully appreciated 

I would like to invite you to complete my questionnaire on the topic
 " Importance of social-culture and environment impact of music festival “ 

Many thanks 
magda 

Spamming the board probably won't get you too many reponses - it just annoys people.

Hope you're all okay. Another weekend over. :mellow: However, for me, another week closer to half term! 

Keep going onwards, and to echo the sentiment 'stay safe!' 

Just been watching YouTube videos of last year's Glastonbury, it was a good one. Sometimes you don't appreciate how good something was until you watch it back! 

Also, @guypjfreak - did you see your man Eddie rocking Tom Petty at the Oscars? 

Edited by vintagelaureate

16 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hope you're all okay. Another weekend over. :mellow: However, for me, another week closer to half term! 

Keep going onwards, and to echo the sentiment 'stay safe!' 

Just been watching YouTube videos of last year's Glastonbury, it was a good one. Sometimes you don't appreciate how good something was until you watch it back! 

Also, @guypjfreak - did you see your man Eddie rocking Tom Petty at the Oscars? 

O yes old son.. Quite mad to see the amount of dead and I think he did good.. There's been lots of shit on line about him doing it because off the past views and as he once said in the Grammys.. This means nothing to me.....  but as a wise man once said.

A man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life... 

I'm glad Eddie has grown and it shows in his words and music but shit me not when he gets on stage and let's rip he as are we the fans are young again lol. 

Been really busy moving my dad down from London. He's 82.. Got to go to London tomorrow and finish cleaning up but at least he's down with his family now.. I'm shattered.. 

Peace and cider 

G