Jump to content
fatyeti24

NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

Recommended Posts

This song possibly means more to me than any other. It's not that I associate the words with any moment in my life, it's just that I associate the words with a moment in my life! It's not a person, it's a segment of time. Or, is it? This track makes me 'feel';

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

This song possibly means more to me than any other. It's not that I associate the words with any moment in my life, it's just that I associate the words with a moment in my life! It's not a person, it's a segment of time. Or, is it? This track makes me 'feel';

 

 

Hi Yog,

I don't know if you remember, but quite some time ago, I mentioned having made some compilation CDs of what I call 'goosebumps' songs. Songs that just make the hairs on my arms and neck stand on end. This was one of them. It's one of a small number of tracks where I think the cover is even better than the original. I particularly like the interweaving of Van Morrison's Into the Mystic. On a very strange day, the fact you have posted it has given the song an extra poignancy. I heard this morning that Mrs gumby's dad had passed away, and have spent the day at the hospital, and then at my in-laws house, doing what I can to support her, her mum, her sisters, and the grandchildren. It's been a shit of a day, but that song has brought a tear to my eye, in a good way. 

Thank you, Yog, thanks very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Hi Yog,

I don't know if you remember, but quite some time ago, I mentioned having made some compilation CDs of what I call 'goosebumps' songs. Songs that just make the hairs on my arms and neck stand on end. This was one of them. It's one of a small number of tracks where I think the cover is even better than the original. I particularly like the interweaving of Van Morrison's Into the Mystic. On a very strange day, the fact you have posted it has given the song an extra poignancy. I heard this morning that Mrs gumby's dad had passed away, and have spent the day at the hospital, and then at my in-laws house, doing what I can to support her, her mum, her sisters, and the grandchildren. It's been a shit of a day, but that song has brought a tear to my eye, in a good way. 

Thank you, Yog, thanks very much.

So sorry to hear about Mrs g's dad mr gumby. It can't be nice at your end right now. I have been in floods of tears over a death, in the last few days. It's coming up to the anniversary of one of my mates death and it hit me hard. I still miss him. I still talk to him. I still love him. 

I understand what you mean by the cover being better than the original. My loyalty to Marc Almond is torn on this one. I need Soft Cell's version every now and again. It reminds me about life long gone. 

All the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:bye::bye::bye:

Hello hello happy New year etc etc

Hope everyone is as well as can be expected for Jan? 

Condolences Mr Gumby to you & your family.

A fabulous time was had in the Dam :D

And now onto the next, Vegas in 3 weeks... who was the kind poster that is a regular visitor to Vegas?  I've a question if anyone can help... the fab weed is now legal in Nevada but the issue due to federal law is that you can buy it but you can't smoke it any old place and as we're staying in a casino based hotel we'll not be able to take it into the hotel, federal law and gambling licences etc etc 

So my question is where the hell can we smoke it?  The vendors aren't like the Dutch coffee shops so no smoking on premises ... and I'd rather not smoke on the street as I don't fancy getting arrested..

TIA  :) :) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Death in paradise.. Love the programme and I got it right this time lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/01/2018 at 11:08 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

One more. For good measure;

 

I sometimes think you're in my head. Tune dude, TUNE

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things are a bit made this end. We've got the carpet fitters in - and no that's not a euphemism. It's meant a total upheaval of the house,  but it will, hopefully, mean that we'll finally be able to get things out of the boxes that they've been in for getting on 4 months. I am a magpie in that I collect loads of stuff thinking that it'll be useful for something at a later date. In fact, I'm kind of on the way to becoming one of them mad hoarders that you see on Channel 4 documentaries. As I can consciously see this (at the moment) I have decided not to give in to this OCD type thing, and get rid of a load of stuff. This is going to be a painful experience in one way, but hopefully cathartic on another front. 

Anyway, I hope that everyone is well,. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! Quite twatted here, just got home and thought I'd post nonsense before going to bed. Nonsense! Hahahahaha! Sorry. Not sorry. 

Shouldnt be allowed Internet when pickled. Love you all! Going to attempt sleep now! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to bed at 4am Saturday morning and only got up an hour or so ago. That was some sleepathon, even by my own standards. 

Hope everybody has a lovely Sunday - he says wondering if it is actually Sunday and not Monday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Hi all! Quite twatted here, just got home and thought I'd post nonsense before going to bed. Nonsense! Hahahahaha! Sorry. Not sorry. 

Shouldnt be allowed Internet when pickled. Love you all! Going to attempt sleep now! 

All the yeses for this type of post :)

More twatted/nonsense posts please :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

 

More twatted/nonsense posts please :D

 

I'm working on it, but have, unfortunately, mislaid the dope and can't find it anywhere. I simply can't look for it anymore and am going to have to settle for some G & T's.  This is the second piece of dope lost in this house now. There's a big block of it somewhere. My wife decided to hide it one night so that I wouldn't get stoned again (boo), and we simply cannot find it. Ho hum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2018 at 3:02 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm working on it, but have, unfortunately, mislaid the dope and can't find it anywhere. I simply can't look for it anymore and am going to have to settle for some G & T's.  This is the second piece of dope lost in this house now. There's a big block of it somewhere. My wife decided to hide it one night so that I wouldn't get stoned again (boo), and we simply cannot find it. Ho hum.

I always assume you're twatted anyways yog :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My little one is back in hospital.  :( We're hoping it's a short stay. She was a little ill when I got back from the football yesterday and my wife decided to take her to the hospital. They're keeping her in till at least tomorrow so fingers crossed. 

She seems okay in herself but we want them to rule out infantile convulsions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Sorry to hear this VL - sending virtual hugs ((((((( )))))))

 

Thanks. She seems fine in herself so she'll hopefully be out tomorrow. I have to be in work though as I've used all my sick pay!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

Thanks. She seems fine in herself so she'll hopefully be out tomorrow. I have to be in work though as I've used all my sick pay!!

That's a positive then, that she feels ok-ish.  Fingers crossed for early release :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×