NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

40 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

No I haven’t been before, the IOW made it off limits and I probably wouldn’t have gone if I wasn’t camping in Weymouth straight after. There’s no way I could do that drive after a festival on my own. I did it from Larmer tree and it nearly killed me!! I also wanted to do Beautiful days after I visit Dee and Splodge but I don’t want to do it on my own. At least at Bestival I knew Georgie was going or I could join a solo group. Beautiful days is a lot smaller tho so not sure if they will have fb groups. I was also looking at Bearded Theory!! I’m off that week in May. 

I'm pretty sure I'll be at Beautiful Days, so I'd be happy to meet you there. I'll be with Oxfam, though, so I wouldn't be able to camp with you, as much as I'd like to :) There is an fb group, called, ingeniously, Beautiful Days chat. Great bunch of people, they have a meet up on the Thursday night. I'll add you to the group, if you like :)

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

I'm pretty sure I'll be at Beautiful Days, so I'd be happy to meet you there. I'll be with Oxfam, though, so I wouldn't be able to camp with you, as much as I'd like to :) There is an fb group, called, ingeniously, Beautiful Days chat. Great bunch of people, they have a meet up on the Thursday night. I'll add you to the group, if you like :)

Cheers mate. I’ve just had a scroll through it. Seems a chatty bunch! Still not convinced about it tho. Have you been before? Is there late night stuff going on? 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Cheers mate. I’ve just had a scroll through it. Seems a chatty bunch! Still not convinced about it tho. Have you been before? Is there late night stuff going on? 

I went for the first time this year. Loved it, despite the m*d! The main stages finished about midnight. The Bimble Inn went on a bit later, and the 'Little Big Top', (basically the dance tent), went until 2 a.m, with a silent disco after that. So, it's not exactly a 24 hr party like Glasto, but I really enjoyed the smaller scale of it. There was plenty for me to do and see, but I wasn't half as knackered as I usually am after a week in Pilton. The lineup was great, too. Your faves Paul & Jacqui, Frank Turner and the Levs headlining, Waterboys, Public Service Broadcasting, New Model Army, Sisters of Mercy, Gaz Brookfield, Cuban Brothers, Ferocious Dog, Hobo Jones, The Leylines, Dubioza Kolektiv, Talisman, and loads more. I'd definitely recommend it.

8 hours ago, lucyginger said:

I am also considering it, even though it's the week before Boomtown! Also, Lulworth MUCH easier to get to. 

Will keep you informed! 

Yog- good to hear you're having a wind down in the drug dep, we all need to now and then. Hope you feel ok soon xxx

Cheers lucy.

Day 2 has been hellish, to be honest. I'll not go in to the details, but suffice it to say that I wouldn't like to go through that again in a hurry. 

Anyway, onwards and upwards. :)

Hi I have been working hard on some stuff.. I have 3 pieces of Glastonbury art which you can check out now. 

I can get more prints done but please check out Facebook site.. If you want a unique present for Xmas just get in touch.. 

Peace and lots of love and cider. G

https://www.facebook.com/OldSonDesigns/?ref=bookmarks

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Hi I have been working hard on some stuff.. I have 3 pieces of Glastonbury art which you can check out now. 

I can get more prints done but please check out Facebook site.. If you want a unique present for Xmas just get in touch.. 

Peace and lots of love and cider. G

https://www.facebook.com/OldSonDesigns/?ref=bookmarks

Is that your own work Guy? If so I'm very very impressed 

I agree with OG guy, in that it is impressive stuff. Very well executed. You have the 'eye' and the talent. Unfortunately I also make my own art etc for birthday presents, Christmas presents etc. I think it's more personal. That said, I have bought a piece of artwork off an artist in the last few days for my wife as a Christmas present. Not sure if these photos will work, but here's the piece that I bought;

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I'm fairly sure she'll be OK with a Village of the Dammed figure, but, admittedly, it's a present that could go either way. 

Ho, ho, ho.

53 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I agree with OG guy, in that it is impressive stuff. Very well executed. You have the 'eye' and the talent. Unfortunately I also make my own art etc for birthday presents, Christmas presents etc. I think it's more personal. That said, I have bought a piece of artwork off an artist in the last few days for my wife as a Christmas present. Not sure if these photos will work, but here's the piece that I bought;

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I'm fairly sure she'll be OK with a Village of the Dammed figure, but, admittedly, it's a present that could go either way. 

Ho, ho, ho.

Hurrah. Drug free yog can post pictures :D

17 minutes ago, OG said:

Hurrah. Drug free yog can post pictures :D

Hello OG,

I'm afraid that my detox session didn't last as long as I'd hoped for. My wife found some whizz that we'd forgotten about, and now we're back to square one. Never mind, there's always the New Years Resolution thang, and all that. I'll tell you what though, yesterday was a bastard without any 'stuff'. Not pleasant at all. At about 11pm last night I took another one of her gabapentins - just to take the edge off, kind of thing. Then at 1am this morning while cleaning the kitchen she found a reasonable amount of whizz, which we are currently enjoying. It would be true to say that we both have the breaking strain of a Kit Kat! lol 

PS - Those photos came from elsewhere. It's trying to post photos of my own snap shots that I can't do. My stepson, who is a computer whizz kid (as in seriously so) is now here for Xmas, so may ask him how to do this. :)

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello OG,

I'm afraid that my detox session didn't last as long as I'd hoped for. My wife found some whizz that we'd forgotten about, and now we're back to square one. Never mind, there's always the New Years Resolution thang, and all that. I'll tell you what though, yesterday was a bastard without any 'stuff'. Not pleasant at all. At about 11pm last night I took another one of her gabapentins - just to take the edge off, kind of thing. Then at 1am this morning while cleaning the kitchen she found a reasonable amount of whizz, which we are currently enjoying. It would be true to say that we both have the breaking strain of a Kit Kat! lol 

PS - Those photos came from elsewhere. It's trying to post photos of my own snap shots that I can't do. My stepson, who is a computer whizz kid (as in seriously so) is now here for Xmas, so may ask him how to do this. :)

Here's hoping he's bang into his whizz 

41 minutes ago, OG said:

Here's hoping he's bang into his whizz 

Nope, he's in to industrial strength acid. I know it's industrial strength, because he's given me and his mom some on two occasions, and blown the fucking head of the pair of us. Now you must factor in that my wife has taken liquid acid like eye drops in to her eyeball, so she's pretty hard core. Nothing though could prepare us for the onslaught that he provided. 

The first occasion was meant to be a sedate soiree, but turned in to a mind bending experience which resulted in me asking whether it was raining outside or not. Long story, and maybe for another time. The second occasion was at Glastonbury, which found me and my wife crying in each others arms at the Acoustic tent, and a steward coming up and asking us if we were OK. When we finally got back to camp and my wife asked her son what the fuck he had given us, he said something along the lines of X21BfHy, or some such. When we asked him what the fuck that was, he said it's like normal acid but much much harsher. My wife then thanked him, and said don't give that to us again. 

On 11/21/2017 at 5:33 PM, H.M.V said:

Give us a shout if you're in the lake district. We live in Bowness but Ambleside is a lovely spot. Theres a brilliant group on Facebook called I  love the Lake District. Absolutely tons of peeps on there to answer your question. :D

17 years ago, took Ms DVB on our first holiday together to Bowness and stayed in a converted boathouse. Had Windermere lapping underneath the bedroom, was a lovely place. Unfortunately when we tried to go back it had been sold and was no longer a holiday let, so we had to look elsewhere for our Lakes fix. We normally go at least twice a year. For a few years it was Langdales, then Keswick and then Ambleside as being veggie Zeffs and Fellinis is a bonus plus you have some great walking around the horseshoe area without needing to get in a car first.

49 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Hellllloooooo :bye::bye::bye:

Yay for @Curlygirl jumping on the Bestival bus woop woop

@lucyginger & @mr gumby hope you guys jump on too :yahoo:

In fact all of you jump aboard!

But not too soon... I haven't purchased tickets yet, don't want them selling out before we get ours :D

Lulworth is a gorgeous setting for a festival, Robin Hill park was grand but that £300 odd quid on the party ferry for the Monty bus was a tad steep... party ferry was ridiculous fun though, I did miss it this year!  The t'interwebnet was a shocker on site though and phone signal shoddy as fuck so good old make a plan and stick to it or leave a note stuck to a tree to find pals is the way to go!

It's snowing here, hope I'm not breaching the NFR rules by mentioning such a thing here :o... good old sunshine forecast for tomorrow though - yay sunshine! Then blizzards (again sorry for mentioning those) on sunday... we're hitting the Victorian market sunday, regardless of weather, to drink mulled cider in the snow :yahoo: I might even wear my wellies (yeah Hunter w*nker that I am!)

I've a touch of the man-flu and there's no work, how the bloody hell  there's no chefs needed at the busiest time of the year is beyond me, but heyho I get to stay in bed.  Might put the tiniest tree in the world up later... I'll post you all a pic, it really is tiny!

Happy Friday to one and all,

it's nearly Christmas wooooohoooooo ( I'm only this excited as we're buggaring off in the Monty bus to the Dam for the duration :D )

I think the most likely scenario is that I will do Bestival and Beautiful Days, and skip the weekend in between. I won't be taking a ticket out of the pot, though, as I'll be stewarding. It'd be grand to meet up with any other nfcers there :)

On the subject of trees, we had probably the shittest, tiniest tree ever 5 years ago. We had a decent excuse, though, as gumby jr was born 5 days before Christmas, so we had more important things to do!

FB_IMG_1512727660627.thumb.jpg.d53ad16f8d5db6bab8abd38655217935.jpg

12 hours ago, OG said:

Is that your own work Guy? If so I'm very very impressed 

Yes old son every piece.. Got a calander that I'm hoping to get done next few days.. All standing stones.. Only a fiver plus pp if you or anyone would be interested.. Obviously I'll post pics of finished product.. 

Thanks for checking it out OG.. G

On 07/12/2017 at 9:35 PM, mr gumby said:

I went for the first time this year. Loved it, despite the m*d! The main stages finished about midnight. The Bimble Inn went on a bit later, and the 'Little Big Top', (basically the dance tent), went until 2 a.m, with a silent disco after that. So, it's not exactly a 24 hr party like Glasto, but I really enjoyed the smaller scale of it. There was plenty for me to do and see, but I wasn't half as knackered as I usually am after a week in Pilton. The lineup was great, too. Your faves Paul & Jacqui, Frank Turner and the Levs headlining, Waterboys, Public Service Broadcasting, New Model Army, Sisters of Mercy, Gaz Brookfield, Cuban Brothers, Ferocious Dog, Hobo Jones, The Leylines, Dubioza Kolektiv, Talisman, and loads more. I'd definitely recommend it.

Isn’t the festival owned/founded by the levellers? I think they play every year. Yeah it sounds good, bit like Kendal really in reference to stage and tent timings. I’ll give it some thought. 

On 07/12/2017 at 10:20 PM, lucyginger said:

CG I know people that go to Beautiful Days, I could see if they wouldn't mind a lovely new camping buddy if you like? 

I'd to go to Bearded Theory one year, might look it up. Wouldn't it be lovely to be able to go to all of them?! 

Lucy I’d love to do them all! I truly would. That’s my retirement plan... by a little camper and just tour all summer. Thanx for the offer of contacting your buddies! Here’s me planning festivals and camping hols, I don’t even have the time off yet :o

Best get it sorted seeing as they’re all paid for haha 

4 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Isn’t the festival owned/founded by the levellers? I think they play every year. Yeah it sounds good, bit like Kendal really in reference to stage and tent timings. I’ll give it some thought. 

Yeah, the Levellers started and run it. They play twice each year, opening the 'Big Top', which is the second stage, with an acoustic set on the Friday, and closing the main stage on the Sunday night.

OK so happy weekend all.. We've been busy in the Freak house and I'm happy to say my first calendar of my work is here.

Please check it out 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222749409428?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Neil if you don't want this just take it down old son.. But please don't lol 

Peace and JD...... . G

4 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

OK so happy weekend all.. We've been busy in the Freak house and I'm happy to say my first calendar of my work is here.

Please check it out 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222749409428?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Neil if you don't want this just take it down old son.. But please don't lol 

Peace and JD...... . G

Hello guy. 

I've just ordered one via my wife's Paypal account. Her name is Stella. So now you have my address - Yikes!! lol

Hope all is well at your end. :)

• Upvote 1

Saw this on Facebook  - a site which I really don't understand, in terms of how it works. Anyhow, here it is;

THE TRAIN: At birth we boarded the train and met our parents, and we believe they will always travel by our side. As time goes by, other people will board the train; and they will be significant i.e. our siblings, friends, children, and even the love of your life. However, at some station our parents will step down from the train, leaving us on this journey alone. Others will step down over time and leave a permanent vacuum. Some, however, will go so unnoticed that we don't realize they vacated their seats. This train ride will be full of joy, sorrow, fantasy, expectations, hellos, goodbyes, and farewells. Success consists of having a good relationship with all passengers requiring that we give the best of ourselves.

The mystery to everyone is: We do not know at which station we ourselves will step down. So, we must live in the best way, love, forgive, and offer the best of who we are. It is important to do this because when the time comes for us to step down and leave our seat empty we should leave behind beautiful memories for those who will continue to travel on the train of life.

I wish you all a joyful journey.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello guy. 

I've just ordered one via my wife's Paypal account. Her name is Stella. So now you have my address - Yikes!! lol

Hope all is well at your end. :)

Lol.. Cheers old son.. Thanks.... I hope you like it... G