NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

36 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

thanks ...I think we are booking next year :) I do like a good bit of dressing up as im sure most people have realised .. the one down side to it is my friend who I go to Glastonbury with is talking of giving that up and doing this instead .. its physically easier and beds and showers is his reasoning ,we have done 13 Glastonburys together and was the last friend standing last year so im working to try to get him to change his mind :(

Hello crazyfool1, you crazy fool you. :)

Just wondering what the age range was at the Cream Butlins weekend ie. were there many old bastards trying to throw shapes on the dance floor, failing abysmally, but through sheer thick skinned stubbornness managing to stay alive from the start of the weekend to the finish? I'm talking about people over 50 years old, who should know better, but don't.

37 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello crazyfool1, you crazy fool you. :)

Just wondering what the age range was at the Cream Butlins weekend ie. were there many old bastards trying to throw shapes on the dance floor, failing abysmally, but through sheer thick skinned stubbornness managing to stay alive from the start of the weekend to the finish? I'm talking about people over 50 years old, who should know better, but don't.

an absolute total mix of age ranges from 18 up although I would put the majority around the 40 age range .. but definitely many who were much older for this particular weekend .. the djs would mostly be over 60 too ... a few mobility scooters about .. and even saw a guy with a wheeled zimmer frame ... many who were a little mashed too :) 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

an absolute total mix of age ranges from 18 up although I would put the majority around the 40 age range .. but definitely many who were much older for this particular weekend .. the djs would mostly be over 60 too ... a few mobility scooters about .. and even saw a guy with a wheeled zimmer frame ... many who were a little mashed too :) 

Cheers crazyfool1. That's exactly the answer I wanted to hear. :)

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

^^ reminds me of the seagull that tried entering our chalet as we were leaving butlins ... bang goes our damage deposit if that had got in !!

I once left a sliding sash window open in a flat that I was living in. I came back from having been shopping and there was a pigeon flapping and flying about in the bedroom. Not only that though - there was pigeon shit absolutely everywhere. It was as if this pigeon had saved up a years worth of shit, got in through the bedroom window, and then unleashed it's load in an Enola Gay kind of way. 

Which, for some reason, reminds me of this;

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, cornish hick said:

good luck!  you not in the 10 club?

whereare you going for ? O2?

Yea been in ten club for years old son got two tix for to O2 first   show.. Phoning tomorrow for tix for second show lol 

Edited by guypjfreak

16 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Don't hold out too much hope of them even making a decision if they're going or not until at least early summer CG ... they are slack Alice's the lot of them when it comes to making plans :P

But we'll meet up with you for sure and hopefully Roz will hook you up with some peeps that are tad more organised than my flakey ass friends :D

OK there seems to be a robin bobbing about in the kitchen... need to go deal with that! I know it's Christmas and all but a robin in the kitchen is surely too far...

Ok thanx Georgie. I’ll plan to go alone and if anything else happens it’s a bonus. Cheers lovely x

Day 1 of a self imposed drug detox program. Apart from sweating buckets and falling asleep all the time, I don't feel too bad. I have a feeling that it will get me tomorrow. Last time I did this was an enforced kind of detox a number of years ago. I went on a holiday to Cuba and couldn't / didn't want to go around it's underbelly looking for drugs. That meant 3 to 4 days in bed (can't recall the exact figure) feeling like I was dying, before I had the strength to go on and enjoy the holiday. So far I've had none of that, but I guess that's because that was a different drug that I was getting off. Anyway, I'm feeling OK'ish and this move will save me (and my wife, who is also going through the same process) an awful lot of money, not to mention improved health/ life expectancy etc.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Day 1 of a self imposed drug detox program. Apart from sweating buckets and falling asleep all the time, I don't feel too bad. I have a feeling that it will get me tomorrow. Last time I did this was an enforced kind of detox a number of years ago. I went on a holiday to Cuba and couldn't / didn't want to go around it's underbelly looking for drugs. That meant 3 to 4 days in bed (can't recall the exact figure) feeling like I was dying, before I had the strength to go on and enjoy the holiday. So far I've had none of that, but I guess that's because that was a different drug that I was getting off. Anyway, I'm feeling OK'ish and this move will save me (and my wife, who is also going through the same process) an awful lot of money, not to mention improved health/ life expectancy etc.

Quittings for quitters ;)

2 hours ago, OG said:

Quittings for quitters ;)

I know what you are saying. I don't intend to quit completely  ie I took a gabapentin 600 tablet about an hour ago, and all is well with the world. I just need to stop taking a certain 'commodity' every half an hour or so every day of the week, none stop. I need to do this because it's bleeding me dry financially, and because it's not the safest product to be using on an industrial scale. The last dealer I had died prematurely from imbibing the same as what he sold. I've simply done too much. Time to put the anchors on a little. :)

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I know what you are saying. I don't intend to quit completely  ie I took a gabapentin 600 tablet about an hour ago, and all is well with the world. I just need to stop taking a certain 'commodity' every half an hour or so every day of the week, none stop. I need to do this because it's bleeding me dry financially, and because it's not the safest product to be using on an industrial scale. The last dealer I had died prematurely from imbibing the same as what he sold. I've simply done too much. Time to put the anchors on a little. :)

I know what you're saying it's a nasty drug and I can imagine that if someone had told you a few years ago that would be your drug of choice you would of told them to fuck off. Now speed and Coke you know where you are with them 

15 minutes ago, OG said:

I know what you're saying it's a nasty drug and I can imagine that if someone had told you a few years ago that would be your drug of choice you would of told them to fuck off. Now speed and Coke you know where you are with them 

Nah, it's speed I was taking - morning, noon, and long night. It's alright every now and again, but to find oneself taking a line of it every half hour, day in day, out is a recipe for disaster. We've done that for at least 18 months now, and think we'd better stop before we are forced to stop by our own demise. I used to have a bit of a heavy duty coke problem in the past, and steer clear of it now - for it be moreish, I tell you.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Nah, it's speed I was taking - morning, noon, and long night. It's alright every now and again, but to find oneself taking a line of it every half hour, day in day, out is a recipe for disaster. We've done that for at least 18 months now, and think we'd better stop before we are forced to stop by our own demise. I used to have a bit of a heavy duty coke problem in the past, and steer clear of it now - for it be moreish, I tell you.

Sorry, you spoke about Methadone In the past and wrongly assumed you had gone down the dirty legal high ginnel

1 hour ago, OG said:

Sorry, you spoke about Methadone In the past and wrongly assumed you had gone down the dirty legal high ginnel

Hello OG,

It was mephedrone I talked about in the past, not methadone. Wouldn't dream of touching the later. I'll admit it, I was a bit of a slag when it came to legal highs too. That said, I only came across methadone after it was made illegal. And man, did I hammer that stuff. I was getting it very cheap, mind. Although that didn't stop me and the wife spending £500 a week on the stuff. Me and the wife went to the Nostock festival once and bumped in to a young couple from the Oxford area who were paying 5 times the amount we were paying per gram.  We asked them is that what they charge everybody in Oxford that amount, and they said yes. It was at that moment in time that I (and my wife) thought about becoming drug dealers. I mean, look at that mark up in cash terms. Anyway, we came to our senses and didn't go down that path. I don't mind taking the stuff, or giving it away, but there's something inside of me that'll not allow me to profit from dealing the stuff. I'm a user, and that's that.

You mentioned coke a while back. I was once asked to bring a shed load of it to a party in London because the host had said that there was a problem with their supplier at short notice. So, I went to my man (at the time) and said that I wanted £x hundred pounds of the stuff. He produced a block of it which scared the fucking life out of me. I honestly thought that if the police come through the door now, I'm monumentally fucked. Anyway, I took this shed load down to the party in London and sold it at cost ie that to me isn't dealing. These people were like gannets at me. They couldn't believe what I was charging them (about £30 to £40 less per gram than they were used to paying) and they also couldn't believe the quality. Then something happened. I got ferociously bolloxed drunk / stoned etc and gave away hundreds of pounds of the stuff to anybody that was passing or in my vacinity. When I came around that really smarted. THE most expensive party that I have ever attended in London. Or anywhere else, for that matter.

Hey ho though - I ain't here forever, and you can't take the stuff with you. That's kind of my MO on life. :)

9 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Morning all! Last night I booked Bestival. I’m actaully as excited about this as I would be for Glastonbury!! Currently researching Circus fancy dress. 

I'm considering Bestival as one I might volunteer at next year. Have you been before? I've thought about it before as a punter, but the travel over to the IoW made it a bit expensive. Now it's at Lulworth, it's much easier to get to.

5 hours ago, mr gumby said:

I'm considering Bestival as one I might volunteer at next year. Have you been before? I've thought about it before as a punter, but the travel over to the IoW made it a bit expensive. Now it's at Lulworth, it's much easier to get to.

I am also considering it, even though it's the week before Boomtown! Also, Lulworth MUCH easier to get to. 

Will keep you informed! 

Yog- good to hear you're having a wind down in the drug dep, we all need to now and then. Hope you feel ok soon xxx

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

I am also considering it, even though it's the week before Boomtown! Also, Lulworth MUCH easier to get to. 

Will keep you informed! 

Yeah, there are a few bunched together in August that I'd be interested in. Bestival the first weekend, both Boomtown and Boardmasters the second (Boomtown probably more my style, but Boardmasters seem to get some good acts, and I love Watergate bay!), and then Beautiful Days on the third weekend! Don't think I could manage 3 festivals in 3 weeks these days! Also considering Bearded Theory in May and Nozstock in July.

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

Yeah, there are a few bunched together in August that I'd be interested in. Bestival the first weekend, both Boomtown and Boardmasters the second (Boomtown probably more my style, but Boardmasters seem to get some good acts, and I love Watergate bay!), and then Beautiful Days on the third weekend! Don't think I could manage 3 festivals in 3 weeks these days! Also considering Bearded Theory in May and Nozstock in July.

Nozstock doesn't begin with a B though.  

9 hours ago, mr gumby said:

No I haven’t been before, the IOW made it off limits and I probably wouldn’t have gone if I wasn’t camping in Weymouth straight after. There’s no way I could do that drive after a festival on my own. I did it from Larmer tree and it nearly killed me!! I also wanted to do Beautiful days after I visit Dee and Splodge but I don’t want to do it on my own. At least at Bestival I knew Georgie was going or I could join a solo group. Beautiful days is a lot smaller tho so not sure if they will have fb groups. I was also looking at Bearded Theory!! I’m off that week in May. 

3 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Will keep you informed! 

Yog- good to hear you're having a wind down in the drug dep, we all need to now and then. Hope you feel ok soon xxx

I do hope you will come along LucyLoo. It will be so much fun x