fatyeti24

NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

Aloha!

we have our first proper weekend of actual paying guests at the house - non tonight but house full tomorrow and one on sunday.  the last booking for tomorrow came through at about 3pm today, which meant i had to get the room ready quickly.. it needed a new, and quite specific brand of toilet seat, which, by some sort of miracle, i found in Kendal at 4pm on a Friday.  and i got money off cos it was ex display (i didn't ask).

hope everyone is well, or recovering well, or at least planning on being well.

:D 

First bits of art work in studio to be professionally photoed for prints.. More expensive than I thought but hey ho.. 

Happy weekend all 

15 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Happy Friday, everyone! 

Replacement flaps? I say! Haha! 

Oh Yog I'm going to Boomtown! See you there! Guy, yep the queues were a pain, but this time we'll be more prepared and hopefully they will too!

Gumpy, glad to hear the new job is going well :) 

Hope everyone else is well or healing nicely or just alive! That's good enough! 

Hello lucy

I have yet to tell my wife about it. Not out of fear, but because it slipped my mind. In fact, it was only reading your post that made me remember that I had booked tickets. Talk about gormless. I'm a bit zonked out at the moment. :)

7 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Morning all, another one here for Boomtown. Gonna be a great away meet of NFR NFC !

I'd like to be at the meet up, but I have 'history' of not doing so. I will try to make amends on this one though - the place looks fab, as in fabarooonie. I've only received positive feedback about it. I don't know it's vibe at all, but the visual representation of all the areas to explore given on their website, leads one to believe that there are some clever minds at work here. Whether they are farming the creativity out or not is not known to me. I guess it's a case of 'who gives a shit' as long as it is and says the right thing. Looking forward to it. I need a bastard holiday. Being tethered to a fucking idiot 24 hours a day takes it's toll, so, na, na, na, nah, na. Ennit? 

Peace & Love

Pieces of Love

Which reminds me. I wrote a poem last night. It, interestingly enough, plopped right out of my head in a one'er. This is what I did write (or possibly wrongly created!);

Amo, amas, amat, amamus, amatis, amant.

03.32 - And I'm doing a poo

03.33 - And it's me, me, me

03. 34 - Ain't no one at the door

03.35 - I'm doing a bad job of staying alive

03.36 - Pull down your nix, of course. Hello

03.37 - Will we / wont we go to heaven

03.38 - Is that the farmer at the gate?

03.39 - Are we / aren't we doing time?

03.40 - Who are you calling shorty?

03.41 - Am I really, nearly done?

03.42 - Oh, how I love you

03.43 - I do believe that it's you and me

03.44 - Hear that, that's the closing of the door.

THE END (BIT - ENNIT?)

Now it started with that, then I changed it for some reason, and who would have though that it would have come to this - 'You don't remember me do you? You don't remember me do you?'.

The afore mentioned 'poem' has been altered / abused;

Amo, amas, amat, amamus, amatis, amant II

03.32 - Who are you?

03.33 - And it's me, me, me.

03. 34 - Ain't no one at the door.

03.35 - I'm doing a bad job of staying alive.

03.36 - Pull down your nix, of course. Hello.

03.37 - Will we / wont we go to heaven?
cleardot.gif

03.38 - Is that the farmer at the gate?

03.39 - Are we / aren't we doing time?

03.40 - Who are you calling shorty?

03.41 - Am I really, nearly done?

03.42 - Oh, how I love you

03.43 - I do believe that it's you and me

03.44 - Hear that, that's the closing of the door.

THE END (BIT - ENNIT?)

Little update from me, we're on our longest stretch home (8 days) and I don't want to raise my hopes too much but things are (so far) running smoothly this time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick it's good to see that you are utilising the creative space and time that the toilet affords you. 

If ever there was a haven to procrastinate it'd be the ol' China throne. 

Hello vintagelaureate,

I feel very ashamed, because at 03.32 I wasn't actually really doing a poo. I believe that they call it poetic licence ie. I was lying.

Anyway, in other news I woke up about 10 minutes ago, searched around for my dope and came across a long forgotten bag of e's. Oh deary me. That's me sorted until Monday morning, at least. 

Hello. I am a Year 10 Graphics student and I am doing some research for my project. It would be appreciated if you take my short survey by clicking on this link: https://s.surveyplanet.com/BJUKyBoAb

Thank you xx

It's taken 3 years @Sawdusty Surfer, but I'm using the candle tonight. Evening all, off for the youngest's birthday now. Warm handshakes y'all.

20171105_174230.jpg

Here's some 'open air art' to ease Monday morning !

Yorkshire Sculpture Park is glorious, I highly recommend a Sunday bimble about in the bracing Yorkshire winter sun :)

A splendid weekend - actually went to a bonfire :o my 1st in about 14yrs! Then watched fireworks across the valleys from a picnic bench in the top field of the campsite (ankle deep in mud, wearing my festival boots so I felt right at home :) ) ate Parkin, real Yorkshire Parkin :D (none of the Lancashire Parkin, it had to be Yorkshire! )

Have a good week one & all :bye:

FB_IMG_1509960151029.jpg

FB_IMG_1509960158473.jpg

FB_IMG_1509960164223.jpg

FB_IMG_1509960257772.jpg

Sat with baby Ruby fast asleep. How she's grown lol 

Oh I love the Yorkshire Sculpture Park @naughtygeorgie. We also have the Grizedale Sculpture park on the other side of the lake but no Hepworths there. Photos look amazing. You'll have to bring the Monty Bus to visit us sometime. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Oh I love the Yorkshire Sculpture Park @naughtygeorgie. We also have the Grizedale Sculpture park on the other side of the lake but no Hepworths there. Photos look amazing. You'll have to bring the Monty Bus to visit us sometime. 

:bye::bye::yahoo:

How exciting to see you around these parts :)

YSP was glorious, and the weather God's surely shined down on us, so the pictures just took themselves, the colours were astounding in the sun :)

Monty Bus would love an adventure up to the Lakes, I fear our best times for pootling up the motorways will coincide with your busiest times ... that's hospitality for you :D 

How did the fully booked 1st weekend go?  Such an exciting time for you guys :yahoo: your own new business' must be an awesome experience. 

On 11/6/2017 at 9:38 AM, naughtygeorgie said:

Here's some 'open air art' to ease Monday morning !

Yorkshire Sculpture Park is glorious, I highly recommend a Sunday bimble about in the bracing Yorkshire winter sun :)

A splendid weekend - actually went to a bonfire :o my 1st in about 14yrs! Then watched fireworks across the valleys from a picnic bench in the top field of the campsite (ankle deep in mud, wearing my festival boots so I felt right at home :) ) ate Parkin, real Yorkshire Parkin :D (none of the Lancashire Parkin, it had to be Yorkshire! )

Have a good week one & all :bye:

FB_IMG_1509960151029.jpg

FB_IMG_1509960158473.jpg

FB_IMG_1509960164223.jpg

FB_IMG_1509960257772.jpg

It's a great place.  I often think it'd make a good festival site.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The OH was actually planning a theoretical festival whilst we were walking around :)

He decided there would be an opera singer next to the Jaume Plensa - Wilsis (the 1st & last pics) 

Arcadia was ready to go! 

FB_IMG_1510136958523.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Not with those parking charges. It is a great place though. Anyone been to the open air deer shed, it's a fab open roofed structure framing the sky.

Well....Thursday is here (almost gone) - I am walking (still with a bit of a limp and stairs are not a great friend of mine at present), but definitely getting there - Hey...Ive got plenty of time till June 2019 for it to fully heal....although I do have a crazy amount of gigs lined up in the not too distant future (I will possibly be sitting quietly at a lot of these after recent incidents! - who am I kidding :D)

This weekend I have my 8yo niece coming to stay with us - so a trip to the cinema to see Paddington is on the cards (secretly, I am a little bit excited) and a chance to gorge on popcorn and sweets is definitely high on the agenda.

Hope everyone's week thus far has been good and if not....tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! :D

I'm very uneasy about zoo's. I've only been to two in the whole of my life. The first was Twycross Zoo, and the second was Dudley Zoo. I went to the first when I was about 8 years old on a school  trip. All I remember from that experience was that for reasons that I still don't fully understand I decided to shop lift from the gift shop. They had a model of a JPS Formula 1 car in black and gold, and boy did I want it. I can remember it now, quite distinctly - I remember thinking that I have enough money on me to buy it, but then I wouldn't be able to buy any sweeties. So, I concluded that I'd just nick the model car and pay for my sweets from the money that I had. All went well, except that for more unknown reasons I have always carried a sense of guilt about that car.

Anyway, the second trip to Dudley Zoo was a bit more of a shocker, as I was in my teens. I just didn't like the confinement of the animals, many of which, were not native to this country. Then I saw a bear come out of it's shelter and rock it's head back and forth in a Status Quo kind of homage way. Only I 'knew' that that bear wasn't a happy bear dancing to the music in it's own head. I knew / felt it was a very unhappy trapped bear. I couldn't go to zoo after that. 

PS - Yes, I do know that 'some' zoos do important conservation work.

Anyway, on to another topic. Have always wanted to go here. Maybe will, one day;

http://www.broomhillart.co.uk/

I know what you mean about zoos, but Edinburgh really felt different. The animals all seemed happy, and had plenty of space and there were things for them to play with and all that sort of thing. They didn't seem to be caged in as much as you'd expect from a zoo! Sounds silly, but for example- the red panda was asleep up a really tall tree, now he could have probably jumped out of it and made a bid for freedom, but he didn't, he was just having a kip. It's quite hard to explain really! Anyhoo, we had a great day and it didn't feel weird at all. 

23 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I know what you mean about zoos, but Edinburgh really felt different. The animals all seemed happy, and had plenty of space and there were things for them to play with and all that sort of thing. They didn't seem to be caged in as much as you'd expect from a zoo! Sounds silly, but for example- the red panda was asleep up a really tall tree, now he could have probably jumped out of it and made a bid for freedom, but he didn't, he was just having a kip. It's quite hard to explain really! Anyhoo, we had a great day and it didn't feel weird at all. 

Hello lucy,

That's good to hear. I'm sure that some zoos are better than others - a nod to our Morrissey there.

I went to Edinburgh once for the comedy festival. I really liked the city. We stayed in an eccentric very well to do persons house. This was before AirB&B, but somehow we got a line in to the place. Apparently the bloke was beyond loaded with cash (which would tie up, given his gaff), but just did B&B for the company. Anyway, it's possibly already known that I act more than a little gay when it comes to womens clothing. My then girlfriend  took me to the shop of Joey D. Well, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It's an (or was) an emporium of the most beautiful things. Definitely worth a look if you ever go back again (and if it's still there). And yes, yes, I did fall for my then girlfriend's cunning ways, and bought her a shed load of not exactly cheap stuff. 

Hi Yog! 

Some zoos are indeed better than others! That's not a bad earworm for my journey home :)

I liked the city too, we were only there 2 nights but crammed in a fair bit. it was really fun! Haha sounds like you had a good time too, the shop sounds fab. 

17 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Hi Yog! 

Some zoos are indeed better than others! That's not a bad earworm for my journey home :)

I liked the city too, we were only there 2 nights but crammed in a fair bit. it was really fun! Haha sounds like you had a good time too, the shop sounds fab. 

I did have a good time, but realized that you have to do your homework when it comes to The Fringe Festival. I had to walk out of one performance because it was just imbecilic in terms of humour. Then again, we went to see Ross Noble, and he was on fine form. That said, I don't really do stand up comedy, so may be a little prejudiced. 

Anyway, glad to hear you had a good time too. :)