NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Hello lovely people,  sorry for my absence but we've had interesting times,  hopefully back on track now.  Youngest seemed more than fine,  then 2 days after half term he said he was struggling to cope with school again,  especially at breaks when there are so many students in the corridors and the social areas.  It looked like history was going to repeat itself,  but the fantastic head of sixth form sorted out a meeting for the next day,  by which time he'd spoken to all my son's teachers and come up with lots of strategies for reducing the stress.  Most importantly he took time to listen,  and didn't try to impose any solution.  Youngest was back in school after 3 days,  and so far hasn't needed to make use of any special arrangements;  just knowing the measures are in place seems to be enough at the moment.  He went to the area heat of the UK team maths championship yesterday,  working with other students he barely knows.  So I'm back to cautious hope rather than taking anything for granted.  Still,  life's immeasurably better than it was.  It does make me realise how trouble-free eldest's school career was,  and makes me feel rather guilty that we just expected him to get on with it.

Glad you all seem to be doing ok.  Enjoy (if that's the right word) the new Morrissey @lucyginger,  new found connection with the neighbours @Yoghurt on a Stick,  and adventures with playmobil @guypjfreak . Hope the business is taking off @fatyeti24 and @H.M.V,  and @vintagelaureate I hope your daughter is continuing to do well.  Sorry missed loads of you out,  have a lovely weekend y'all. 

• Upvote 2

Not a regular poster but regular forum reader, and the discussions here help keep me sane, especially as the days get shorter and winter sets in - I am not at my best when we have short days. 

So a retrospective 'what we did last weekend', which was a quick trip to the Lakes. We normally go for a week in December to Ambleside but for various reasons this year we can't, so a weekend it was. The weather on Saturday was amazing for November, I can't remember the last time I had such good views  - it was almost cloudless for a while. Didn't quite have time to do the Fairfield horseshoe, but had a relaxed bimble up Scandale and to Little Hart Crag instead. Kit shopping, followed by dinner at Zeffs and breakfast at Chesters Sunday morning rounded off a great break and (temporarily) banished the winter blues.

If we can fit it in, might try the weekend break again but take the camper van next time. Has anyone stayed at Skelwith Fold Site and can say how long it takes to walk into Ambleside?

P1040320.jpg

• Upvote 1

Well I went to the pub to congratulate my mate cos his scan had shown that his cancer had shrunk. Only abit but hey great news indeed. 

Then whilst we were all yakking I've only ended up with a free ticket to go to the O2 on Wednesday to see Depeche mode lol.. With hotel room lifts up and down woooooahooooo.. I've got some good old sons. 

Also I've just seen my first pieces of art work from the photo studio printing shop and they look fabulous.. For me that is.. So I'll be able to post some pictures on Tuesday or Wednesday. 

Oooo not Wednesday cos I'm going to be in the O2 lol Yak Yak 

Peace and tea to one and all. G

PS 

What a lovely sunset tonight 

Edited by guypjfreak

3 hours ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

Not a regular poster but regular forum reader, and the discussions here help keep me sane, especially as the days get shorter and winter sets in - I am not at my best when we have short days. 

So a retrospective 'what we did last weekend', which was a quick trip to the Lakes. We normally go for a week in December to Ambleside but for various reasons this year we can't, so a weekend it was. The weather on Saturday was amazing for November, I can't remember the last time I had such good views  - it was almost cloudless for a while. Didn't quite have time to do the Fairfield horseshoe, but had a relaxed bimble up Scandale and to Little Hart Crag instead. Kit shopping, followed by dinner at Zeffs and breakfast at Chesters Sunday morning rounded off a great break and (temporarily) banished the winter blues.

If we can fit it in, might try the weekend break again but take the camper van next time. Has anyone stayed at Skelwith Fold Site and can say how long it takes to walk into Ambleside?

P1040320.jpg

Hello Darren,

Welcome. I have no idea about the answer to the question that you have raised. It's a shame, and it stupid I know, but I rarely walk anywhere. I have recently moved to a town next to the River Severn, and need to go for more walks. I need to stop driving everywhere, and being lazy.

As an aside, and talking of the inability to walk, I have just bought a pair / set of child's Victorian leg calipers with waist brace. If you don't know what I'm on about then the one that I have bought is really quite similar to the apparatus on the left of the following photo;

Image result for victorian leg calipers

Anyway, I have also bought some white lettering. I have placed the sufficient letters across the waistband which read 'The Ketamine Simulator'. It's a little bit of plagiarism, but I can't help it. 

Anyway, sorry about that bit of information that you possibly didn't want to know about.

Hope everybody is well, and having a good weekend, so far.

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Darren,

Welcome. I have no idea about the answer to the question that you have raised. It's a shame, and it stupid I know, but I rarely walk anywhere. I have recently moved to a town next to the River Severn, and need to go for more walks. I need to stop driving everywhere, and being lazy.

As an aside, and talking of the inability to walk, I have just bought a pair / set of child's Victorian leg calipers with waist brace. If you don't know what I'm on about then the one that I have bought is really quite similar to the apparatus on the left of the following photo;

Image result for victorian leg calipers

Anyway, I have also bought some white lettering. I have placed the sufficient letters across the waistband which read 'The Ketamine Simulator'. It's a little bit of plagiarism, but I can't help it. 

Anyway, sorry about that bit of information that you possibly didn't want to know about.

Hope everybody is well, and having a good weekend, so far.

Hi Yog,

Good weekend so far on account of Sauvignon Blanc - two bottles.

Would it not just have been easier to post a picture of the  "pair / set of child's Victorian leg calipers with waist brace" that you have,  rather than searching the internet for a picture of a generic set.

10 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Hi Yog,

Good weekend so far on account of Sauvignon Blanc - two bottles.

Would it not just have been easier to post a picture of the  "pair / set of child's Victorian leg calipers with waist brace" that you have,  rather than searching the internet for a picture of a generic set.

Hello Losing my hair,

I've recently (2 months ago) moved out of Birmingham, where we experienced seven or eight burglaries within a single year. Part of those burglaries were out phones, cameras, Kindle type things etc - essentially anything that could take a photo was nicked. I have now got a new phone but haven't been arsed to try to set it up, despite having it in my possession for about six weeks. I'm kind of technophobic and extraordinarily lazy. So, to cut a long story short I haven't had access to a camera. However, I have a mate visiting this weekend, and he is just about to take a photo of the calipers and send it to me on email. So, as I'm writing this the process of being able to show you the real article is taking place. Which means that if I can copy and paste off his email, then it, hopefully, will show up on here. If it turns out that I have to put that photo in to Dropbox, then I'll have to post it later, because I don't really know how to use Dropbox properly, and because I started drinking again at 10am this morning, having only gone to bed at 5.30am ie. I'm a bit pissed, to say the least.

STOP PRESS - I did have to try drop box. Not sure if this is going to work (please let me know if you can't see a photo below?).

Ketamine Simulator.jpg

58 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Losing my hair,

I've recently (2 months ago) moved out of Birmingham, where we experienced seven or eight burglaries within a single year. Part of those burglaries were out phones, cameras, Kindle type things etc - essentially anything that could take a photo was nicked. I have now got a new phone but haven't been arsed to try to set it up, despite having it in my possession for about six weeks. I'm kind of technophobic and extraordinarily lazy. So, to cut a long story short I haven't had access to a camera. However, I have a mate visiting this weekend, and he is just about to take a photo of the calipers and send it to me on email. So, as I'm writing this the process of being able to show you the real article is taking place. Which means that if I can copy and paste off his email, then it, hopefully, will show up on here. If it turns out that I have to put that photo in to Dropbox, then I'll have to post it later, because I don't really know how to use Dropbox properly, and because I started drinking again at 10am this morning, having only gone to bed at 5.30am ie. I'm a bit pissed, to say the least.

STOP PRESS - I did have to try drop box. Not sure if this is going to work (please let me know if you can't see a photo below?).

Ketamine Simulator.jpg

No photo.

On 10/11/2017 at 11:30 PM, pauladam said:

This is always generally a happy place, but I have to say RIP Chuck Mosley - Faith No More’s first two albums are 100% the reason for getting me into alternative music (what ever the hell that means these days)

sorry to bring things down, happy stuff can restart now if you wish :)

i met Chuck Mosley once, when he was fronting a band called Cement.  it was at the Boardwalk in Manchester and i must have been about 15 or so, which puts it at the time that Oasis were also using that place regularly.

anyway, i went to get his autograph, and he wrote (i can still remember this despite not having the scrap of paper anymore) "don't piss inside Phil.  thanks for coming out.  Chuck".

i didn't get it then and i don't now.  at least he got my name right.  plus he stole my pen and argued about it when asked to return it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Nothing

Thanks again stuartbert. Just back from the pub, and, without doubt, cannot try again right now. I'll possibly have one more bash tomorrow, if I can recall anything.

Anyway, hope you are all having fun. I've just dragged my mate out of the pub because he was starting to speak in tongues. I know exactly what happens after this stage, so thought it prudent to remove him from polite company. For those who are inquisitive / in any way even slightly interested, he starts to make very strange noises after having had a few and initially spoken in tongues. This then goes on to sort of primeval / guttural type sounds, which are deeply disturbing, and highly embarrassing. He is lying on the settee now, sending a message to his girlfriend. It's probably the same message that he sent to me earlier, thinking that he was sending it to his girlfriend. Fortunately it wasn't an embarrassing message for me to receive, but I do now know his utchy, cutchy, love you, love you, nick name that he signs off to his girlfriend with. This is not a great development.

On 18/11/2017 at 11:01 PM, guypjfreak said:

Sad news about the young girl.... Gaia......  found dead in fields near Swanage.... RIP 

Yes, the police by all accounts dont think anyone else was involved now either. Very sad. 

I hope you all had a good weekend. 

I actually made it out, I went for a few drinks for the first time since my youngest was born. I met up with the people I went to Glastonbury with and inevitably talk turned to that topic. Only 11 months of stessing about tickets to go! We have a few gigs lined up in between to keep us going.

We are at the consultants later today to try and give us a clearer picture of how she is progressing etc. but by all accounts she is doing well. I'm looking at getting back to work in the next two weeks too so that's positive (!?). 

On another note, car insurance - what a scam. Just had to renew mine and it's gone up a ridiculous amount. I've had no claims etc. but it's near doubled. The perils of living in a city I guess! 

Take care all!

6 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Yes, the police by all accounts dont think anyone else was involved now either. Very sad. 

I know that area really well it's where I fell off the cliff and broke my back.. Looks quite flat from helicopter but it's steep as.. Surprised how long it took to find her after finding her clothes.. 

Very sad but nice to see the locals all pulling together.. 

On 17/11/2017 at 5:34 PM, DarrenVonBoathook said:

P1040320.jpg

Give us a shout if you're in the lake district. We live in Bowness but Ambleside is a lovely spot. Theres a brilliant group on Facebook called I  love the Lake District. Absolutely tons of peeps on there to answer your question. :D

3 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Evening all :)

Apologies for my absence of late, the new job is keeping me very busy! Only a week until my first proper payday in over 5 years! :) Think I might treat myself!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Gumby x

Evening mr gumby,

Good to see you put in an appearance. 

Hope the job is exciting and fun.  :)

Hello people,

I’m slowly getting back into reading the forum, I was a bit down about it for s few months knowing the fallow year was next up

As it turns out, personal matters mean I would likely not have made 2018 anyway, so realising that, I’m more motivated to poke around in here :)  

Edited by John the Moth
Punctuation is key