NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

21 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

So whilst working away on a painting I had some show on and one of the questions was about glasto headliners. Anyway cut it short they had Dolly Parton as a headliner.. Now I'm not wrong but dear Dolly didn't actually headline did she lol. 

She was the Sunday Singalong! They need to do their research a bit better! 

12 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's really average in Stockport right now.

It's been really warm and sunny here today. I met a friend at lunchtime to do a bit of food shopping, and the pub was just opening as we finished so we had cider for lunch. Super! I wasn't prepared for the lovely sunshine, and think I may have a sunburnt wrist and hand! Hopefully that counts as sacrifice to the weather gods! 

I then managed to make sloe gin, black grape chutney, pear and almond cake, and cooked a load of pears with some mixed spice. Who knew 2 pints of cider for lunch would make for such a productive afternoon? I'm doing naff all tomorrow, apart from eating some of what I made today. Crikey I'd make a bloody good housewife. Well I say that, but what I mean is I want someone to give me money so I can go into full time pottering, with a gin and Valium habit. And Maribou trimmed slippers. And a fit gardener. 

I need to step away from the Internet. I also make no apologies. Well, not many. 

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! :)

On 23/09/2017 at 2:33 PM, lucyginger said:

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! :)

Still in Mexico...so aye, it's pretty spot on just now, the joy of all inclusive and consuming more tequila than is probably advisable :D

Well done Gumby! Lucy I am with you on the ideal life goals, sounds perfect! Bit of pottering in the garden in the sun this weekend. Off to see Neil Diamond on Sunday - missed him at Glastonbury 2011 due to the rather inconvenient arrival of my youngest son, then seeing Public service broadcasting later this month - good to have some gigs to look forward to.  Hope everyone else is well xxx

1 hour ago, noplacelikehome said:

Well done Gumby! Lucy I am with you on the ideal life goals, sounds perfect! Bit of pottering in the garden in the sun this weekend. Off to see Neil Diamond on Sunday - missed him at Glastonbury 2011 due to the rather inconvenient arrival of my youngest son, then seeing Public service broadcasting later this month - good to have some gigs to look forward to.  Hope everyone else is well xxx

First of all, thank you :)

Second, did Neil Diamond play in 2011? I'd be gutted if he did, and I missed him. I thought he'd played before I started going, sometime in the 2000s.

Thirdly, and partly because lists need to be in odd numbers, hope you enjoy PSB. I saw them at Beautiful Days, and they were stunning. Not much between song chat or interaction with the crowd, but the music and visuals were just fab :)

Bad news I'm afraid... sorry! I'm back in hospital for a minimum of two weeks with my daughter. She had an infection following brain surgery so they had to operate again. Once the infection clears she will then undergo the original surgery again. Fingers crossed all goes okay. Just trying to get on with life for some semblance of normality!

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

Second, did Neil Diamond play in 2011? I'd be gutted if he did, and I missed him. I thought he'd played before I started going, sometime in the 2000s.

Thirdly, and partly because lists need to be in odd numbers, hope you enjoy PSB. I saw them at Beautiful Days, and they were stunning. Not much between song chat or interaction with the crowd, but the music and visuals were just fab :)

You are right, Neil Diamond played in 2008 which was my first Glastonbury. When the line up was announced, people were asking my sister and I who we were most looking forward to seeing, and it was Neil! He was brilliant! :) He was the Sunday Sinagalong and we took our wellies off and danced on bin bags. It was fab. 

25 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Bad news I'm afraid... sorry! I'm back in hospital for a minimum of two weeks with my daughter. She had an infection following brain surgery so they had to operate again. Once the infection clears she will then undergo the original surgery again. Fingers crossed all goes okay. Just trying to get on with life for some semblance of normality!

Ooh no, hope all goes well xxx

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

fingers crossed for you VL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Sorry to hear that, this must be a trying time for you :( Healing vibes are heading her way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hope it gets sorted soon.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Eek Lucy is right! Neil Diamond was 2008 - got my kids mixed up (happens all the time !)  So panic not Gumby you didn't miss him. Not seen PSB before (although Mr Dotty has) so looking forward to it.  Sorry to hear your news VL - fingers and everything else crossed for your daughter and the rest of your family. Beautiful autumn day here in Manchester hope the sun is shining wherever you all are. xx

• Like 1

Afternoon all, I've no Neil Diamond stories, but have been making sloe gin. Finally got the bathroom vinyl down* and completed the world's longest DIY project.

FY and MrsFY, good luck with the smoozing, don't let them leave till they book 2 nights.

*ie got the fitters in.

23 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

All busy here again for the official opening of Dome House. The great and good of the locality, plus the press, are all coming so the place is all glammed up once again

Thankfully we're (a little) less centre of attention than the last time though. Should be a good evening :)

Oooh very good luck!!! Look forward to seeing the pics and stuff!! It's such a gorgeous house, and you're both alright too, I almost want to come and work for you! :)

Hang on, that sounds well dodgy!! haha!! 

2 hours ago, carlosj said:

Afternoon all, I've no Neil Diamond stories, but have been making sloe gin. Finally got the bathroom vinyl down* and completed the world's longest DIY project.

FY and MrsFY, good luck with the smoozing, don't let them leave till they book 2 nights.

*ie got the fitters in.

I seem to be behind on the sloe gin this year! I'm on a fruit picking mission this week, though. I'm going after sloes and blackberries tomorrow, then elderberries and more sloes at the weekend. Need bloody loads of them all, as I'm planning to do a batch of homemade port, as well as gin. Should be nicely matured in time for June 2019! :)