NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

So your brushes with death started very early @Yoghurt on a Stick?!  I can't drink spirits at all these days.  I'm awaiting blood test results to see if they explain my sudden inability to enjoy or process alcohol.  I keep trying in the name of research;  half a glass of perry tasted nice a couple of hours ago,  but has given me a hangover headache already.

Hello lovelies, @mr gumby I hope you and all the rest who've been suffering with lurgies are feeling better now. @lucyginger I find honey, lemon and glycerine works wonders on a sore throat. @naughtygeorgie I envy you still having festivals to go to, and for having Monty bus.  We'd love a campervan instead of our caravan, but the cost for a 4 berth with single bunks (so our strapping teenagers don't have to share a bed) is way too much for a vehicle we'd only use a few weeks of the year.

Belated welcome @pauladam! Enjoy Mexico.  Weather there has to be better than the depressing autumnal stuff we had here today.  All the best for your new life in NZ @mjsell.

Victorious last week was somewhat lacking a festival vibe, but in a great location and a ludicrously cheap day ticket. My bestie came home very happy as she loves Stereophonics (and I did all the driving).  At the main stage I caught sight of this chap:

20170826_183318.thumb.jpg.9da2d933a71892c31563d69c80851696.jpg

He was actually wearing 4 items of headgear.  Time to review your titfer options @stuartbert two hats?

I took the plunge and bought youngest's school bus pass today (over £250 for one term).  Fingers crossed he'll get full use of it this time...

52 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Bit of news - Mrs gumby has finally had enough of her job, and handed her notice in. After 15 years of being treated like shit by 90% of her clients and her management, she's told them to shove it up their arse! Hurrah!

Good for Mrs G!  What does she want to do instead?

2 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Good for Mrs G!  What does she want to do instead?

Good question! :D

She is in the process of training as a consultant for the Cambridge weight plan company, which is the plan she has followed to lose 3 stone recently. No idea if that's something she'll want to do long term, but it'll be working largely from home, and at a consultation centre about 5 minutes walk away, so compared to having around 2 1/2 hours driving every day, it's a big plus. Guess we'll see how it goes. Despite the uncertainty, I'm absolutely chuffed she's packed in social work. I've been hoping she would for years, seeing the effect it's had on her, but it wasn't my decision to make. I'm also convinced she would have a good case to argue constructive dismissal, which could lead to a decent settlement amount to live on while building up a client base, but whether she wants the stress of pursuing that, I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

Bit of news - Mrs gumby has finally had enough of her job, and handed her notice in. After 15 years of being treated like shit by 90% of her clients and her management, she's told them to shove it up their arse! Hurrah!

This is excellent news! Happy Gumby's all round!! :)

Hello all, I'm so sorry I have been absent, but blimey life has rather got in the way. I'll catch up on this thread in the coming hours, but hoping lives, lurgies and jobs are all panning out ok for everyone

Last festival of the year for me this weekend and a new local one Weekender (took the place of Jerseylive) and was actually quite impressed. Main music didn't start until 4pm each day (booo) but local bands etc were on before that and to be fair for a £70 weekend ticket you can't expect loads

Frank Carter was his usual amazing self- jumped into my first mosh pit, fell over, got grazed knees, got picked up and dusted off and came face to face with Frank in the mosh

Blossoms were pretty good -and due to crowd size got rather closer than at Glastonbury (could stroll up the the front)

Pendulum ... mmmm not a fan but great set

Find of the weekend - Sundara Karma - I'd never heard of them before (probably my bad) but a decent indie band with a charastmatic front man, and some good tunage

Happy Mondays - no more to be said lol..... dancing in mud to Bez after a beverage or two .....

Two door cinema club - well they have certainly got tighter and better over the last few years , quite an eye opener

Great sunshine on Saturday - horrible rain on Sunday - wellies, thermals, poncho, hat scarf but laughed our way through it

So feeling a bit sad today, thats defo festival season out of the way and thoughts now turning to next year - and should I try to go to Burning man ... anyone here been there and what advice would you give ?

Sorry for being absent. Got laptop back which makes it somewhat easier to post. Stress levels have been through the roof with impending nuptials and builders dragging their hairy arses. So sweary one went nuclear and things seemed  to have picked up a pace and site manager running when he sees me. 

Getting over my dose, was knocked out for two days which is better than the big girls blouse with two hats. :P

Less than two weeks till I'm stuck with a Yeti FOREVER!!! Lol (and if he thinks I'm going to Burning Man he has another thing coming I can smell the granola and patchouli from here)

• Like 1

On 9/1/2017 at 9:37 AM, naughtygeorgie said:

Wine tasting in Leeds @shuttlep ..whatever next a Japanese restaurant in Wakefield!  Haha I say this as my friend went to a Japanese restaurant in Wakefield last night ... I was highly jealous for the cultured Shakespearean town I live in has no bloody Japanese and I love a Bento box.

Wine tasting in Leeds was a great success. as expected all the Yorkshire folk treat it as a challenge to drink as much as you can in 4 hours. The best part about it was the crowd I went with was my Glasto Family, so catching up with them was awesome best times... even if I was asleep by midnight 

21 hours ago, shuttlep said:

Wine tasting in Leeds was a great success. as expected all the Yorkshire folk treat it as a challenge to drink as much as you can in 4 hours. The best part about it was the crowd I went with was my Glasto Family, so catching up with them was awesome best times... even if I was asleep by midnight 

Sounds like a good night out!! 

On 05/09/2017 at 0:54 PM, shuttlep said:

Blimey, where was this?? Sounds great. Nowt wrong with a bit of cultured vino necking, eh?

As Gladys Knight sang, we've had a r&iny night in Cornwall last week and are back, boo, but Waxahatchee in concert tonight, yay, I survived another day at work, yaayyyyyy.

Hugs and warm handshakes to everyone who needs one.

Edited by carlosj

15 hours ago, carlosj said:

Blimey, where was this?? Sounds great. Nowt wrong with a bit of cultured vino necking, eh?

As Gladys Knight sang, we've had a r&iny night in Cornwall last week and are back, boo, but Waxahatchee in concert tonight, yay, I survived another day at work, yaayyyyyy.

Hugs and warm handshakes to everyone who needs one.

It was in the center of Leeds , don't know the name of the place, It's a Virgin Wines event

great fun, £20 a ticket and you get to drink wine, and eat cheese