NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Y not festival shut down by old bill.. Lots of people complaining about it on Facebook.... Lol.. If you want a laugh check it out.. Wife's been reading some of the stuff out.. Quite funny some of it.. Stupid other and dam right out of order still others. 

Some of the pictures people have put up showing how muddy it is has green grass in it.. I hope they don't have a go at Glasto lol but it does seem very badly organised and Tis not good for kids.. 

On a brighter note its only rained a little bit here so the punters at camp bestival will have had a better day.. 

Hello! 

That looks a bit of a shambles, the whole Y Not thing! Hope everyone is ok, seems it need some better organisation!! 

There was some festival prep going on in Ginger Towers at the weekend, outfits have been looked out and we have lists of things we need to mend/find/buy! It's our first Boomtown, very excited! :)

Hey lovelies,:)

Just back from Kendal Calling and I have to say if every festival got cancelled due to a bit of mud it would have been proper fucked!

Whilst not quite as bad as Glasto2016 the relative smaller size of the site and accompanying foot traffic certainly made it comparable in places.

Due to family commitments I couldn't make it up until Saturday but highlights included Editors (a bit of a guilty pleasure and always great), The Manics, (I've always been a fan but Everything Must Go was released at a time of huge change in my life and it was fantastic to be taken back with hits from imo their best album to date) and Brian Wilson presents Pet Sounds. (While I agree with @stuartbert two hats in that Brian is probably the weakest link in the ensemble he can still reach those high notes and the harmonies were just sublime).

I also had the pleasure of spending a few hours on Saturday night with the very lovely @Curlygirl who fed me some of her famous Cherry Bakewell vodka and some other concoction that I can't remember. This pretty much tipped me over the edge on top of the alcohol I had somehow managed to hit quite hard since I got there and I had to admit, I was very, very drunk!:unsure:

Sunday opened with The Lancashire Hotpots, (always a great singalong with some great fun songs) before I spent the afternoon bimbling around catching bits of everything. Sunday highlights included Seasick Steve (never failing to entertain) and Frank Turner. None of the main headliners on Sunday appealed greatly so I headed up to the Woodlands stage to watch The London African Gospel Choir singing Paul Simon's Graceland. (A fantastic end to the festival).

All in all it was a great couple of days and although being my local festival probably makes me a little biased, I strongly believe it's one of the best festivals I've been to in an amazing setting and despite the mud I still had an amazing time.:)

Have a great week all.

Shaun.

1 minute ago, lucyginger said:

Sounds wonderful, MJ! Very wonderful! A good mix of music too, well done :)

Have you recovered from CG's cherry bakewell yet?! 

A great time was had by all Lucy. Strangely enough on Sunday morning I wasn't too bad despite also forgetting my sleeping mat and having a shit nights sleep. Doh! That cherry bakewell is bloody lethal stuff though...:)

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

A great time was had by all Lucy. Strangely enough on Sunday morning I wasn't too bad despite also forgetting my sleeping mat and having a shit nights sleep. Doh! That cherry bakewell is bloody lethal stuff though...:)

I'm not sure that hangovers really exist at festivals, certainly not as much as they do in the real world!! Ooh no sleeping mat must have been lumpy! 

Yeah that cherry bakewell is good shit ;)

Evening all :)

I'm feeling rather old at the moment. I just read that The Lost Boys was released 30 years ago. How the fuck did that happen? 

On a more cheerful note, I'm getting prepared for our hollibobs, while listening to St. Paul and the Broken Bones. :)

13 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Evening all :)

I'm feeling rather old at the moment. I just read that The Lost Boys was released 30 years ago. How the fuck did that happen? 

On a more cheerful note, I'm getting prepared for our hollibobs, while listening to St. Paul and the Broken Bones. :)

I know! 30!! EEK! 

Ooh going anywhere nice? :) 

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

I know! 30!! EEK! 

Ooh going anywhere nice? :) 

We're off to Eweleaze farm in Osmington, near Weymouth on Friday. Us, Mrs gumby's 2 sisters and families, and a couple of friends with their families too. We're there for a week, then back for 4 days of unpacking, washing and repacking before I go off to Beautiful Days. :)

34 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

We're off to Eweleaze farm in Osmington, near Weymouth on Friday. Us, Mrs gumby's 2 sisters and families, and a couple of friends with their families too. We're there for a week, then back for 4 days of unpacking, washing and repacking before I go off to Beautiful Days. :)

I know where you mean! I want to go there one year, it looks lovely :) I've got loads of friends going to Beautiful Days, I'll get there one year too!!! 

Cheerio for now, my lovelies. Off camping in the morning, and planning to switch off from the online world while we're away. If anyone fancies doing some nekkid dancing to encourage the weather gods to avoid dumping any not-dry stuff on the Weymouth area for the next week, it'd be appreciated! :)

See you next weekend!

xx

4 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Is that an Alce Harfield print? It's a beauty :)

It's by Kate Chidley.  We bought it at a stall just across from the entrance to the kids field, and it turned up in the post about a month later.  It's got all this years details on it, even the peace sign in the kings meadow. 

7 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

We bought an illustrated poster of this year's festival, which we just got back from the framer yesterday. Just have to decide where to hang it now. 

The dog doesn't care though. 

received_10155577839256532.jpeg

Yay great taste :-) I got the canvas of the same picture.it arrived a week or so ago. Been sitting for ages looking at all the little details , 

Hello! Am back in the land of the living - been to Camp Bestival with the little ones and Mr Dotty - weather was awful fri/Saturday lots of wet stuff and gale force winds fri night - quite a few tents were flattened but dried out a bit Sunday although very muddy. Sounds like the KC crowd had a bit of a bad one as well.    Kids loved it not bothered by the rain one bit and loved the mud.  Didn't see that many bands as doing family things but one of the highlights was Elvana - they are a nirvana covers band fronted by Elvis mixing Elvis songs in with the nirvarna songs - they were an absolute blast - check them out on facebook and go see them if they are on at any festivals you are getting to this summer. Then had a week near Weymouth - probably not far from you Gumby - although we had no internet so only just seen you were there - we were at Weymouth beach on Thursday- it was lovely.

Hope all are wellxxxx

Hi Guys!!! Very excited to learn that I can now post on my work computer!!

@Milky Joe it was so lovely to meet you. And I'm glad you enjoyed Brian Wilson... He did nothing for me! Editors on the other hand... I'm still drooling haha!The other concoction you drank was rhubarb and custard vodka and I seem to remember you liking it as much as the divine CB. I'm already booked for next year and yesterday bagged Emporers tickets, but I have a feeling I'll be selling those as the rest of my crew are general camping. I'm possibly looking to go to Bingley Live next month as I can't face this being indoors business.

After the mud of Kendal, I went camping in Filey and the mud and w*t stuff was just as bad, with a little more wind! I now need to re thread 2 poles for the 10 man.

I would love a Kate Chidley print. You can spend ages looking at it and never see two things twice.

Really hoping the weather holds out this weekend. One of my friends is having a bit of a shit time with things at the moment and due to being pregnant and then having said baby she hasn't been able to attend Glasto for the last 2 years so me and another friend are planning on taking her around the farm on Saturday. Will take a picnic and have it either on the hill or in front of the Pyramid (which I understand is still dressed!).

SUNSHINE PLEASE.