NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Hi All, just wanted to pop a quick message on here to say "hi" - just home post fest (stayed in Cheddar for last night and drove up the road today) - Was fab to meet some of you finally at the meet and I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!

Roll on 2020 :)

42 minutes ago, Quark said:

So @H.M.V and @fatyeti24 how was the camper? All go as planned?

sorry I didn't get out to visit, but the combination of sun, general running around and lost numbers meant I never made it out for a cocktail!

It was a game changer. Which was what we did it for. It made sleeping so much more comfortable and provided respite from the heat. Plus it has a full bathroom so I had a shower every day. 

We were outside of the site, obvs, so that was a minor ballache but walking time of 15 mins to gate c meant we were closer to that end of the site than had we camped inside. 

We saved a packet at the bars as we could keep drinks cold in the fridge. How a fridge works off gas is some sort of witchcraft. 

We had a few camping with us but it was no destination, so no need to feel you missed out!

And its a very ling drive to and from Cumbria!

All in all a great success. We knew after 2017 that for us to continue enjoying the festival we'd have to change things, camping in a tent is no longer an option, so we're very happy with what we've got now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the birthday messages! I had a great time. Probably my best festival ever. Working it was fun, I didn’t miss much either. 

I’m still very tired even though I’ve been asleep for almost all of the last two days. I walked so much! 

Lovely to see some of you, sorry I missed some of you. 

Oh and NFR NFC! Marvellous!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

Thanks for the birthday messages! I had a great time. Probably my best festival ever. Working it was fun, I didn’t miss much either. 

I’m still very tired even though I’ve been asleep for almost all of the last two days. I walked so much! 

Lovely to see some of you, sorry I missed some of you. 

Oh and NFR NFC! Marvellous!!

HBD Lucy, saw you in the photos from after I'd gone, gutted I missed you! But glad you made it at all after the drama!

14 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Hi Lucy, glad you had a good time. How was working with Oxfam (better that winging it behind a bar I expect)?

Thanks! It was great fun, we were very lucky with the shifts though so that helped. All three shifts were on gate b, so we were busy most of the time. 

The facilities in our field were great, the only down side was that we were just off site but it just meant a bit more planning. I’d definitely do it again! 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Thanks! It was great fun, we were very lucky with the shifts though so that helped. All three shifts were on gate b, so we were busy most of the time. 

The facilities in our field were great, the only down side was that we were just off site but it just meant a bit more planning. I’d definitely do it again! 

And a very belated happy birthday!