NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

8 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Stuck in hospital in Italy.  Day five in traction Hopefully they'll rebuild my leg today. :)

oh dear ... hope you are about to see the video release 2pm friday ... I know I have about 2 seconds of stardom  but not sure how much time you have got ... hope the recovery goes well and you are chopping mushrooms in no time 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hope you're okay @Sawdusty Surfer and all is running well with you @crazyfool1.

I'm currently in very rural Wales on a representation of a holiday!

im good  thanks  decision has been made and passed on  at work ... so come the end of june I will be redundant  ... for the best because I dont want to be an online picker for ever and have brains and creative skills that can be put to better use .. I have 30 years of work ahead so its time to change things ... for what im not sure ... hopefully I will get some idea in the next 9 months :) 

Ah no @Yoghurt on a Stick, it's good but the weather isn't great and I've three children in tow so you can envisage the difficulties! Any length of time in the car becomes a little difficult... :wacko: 

Edited by vintagelaureate

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

im good  thanks  decision has been made and passed on  at work ... so come the end of june I will be redundant  ... for the best because I dont want to be an online picker for ever and have brains and creative skills that can be put to better use .. I have 30 years of work ahead so its time to change things ... for what im not sure ... hopefully I will get some idea in the next 9 months :) 

Hello crazyfool1 -  Embrace the change in a positive way, and yes - go for it on the creative skills bit if you can. I know that I wished that I'd tried the creative line a fair few decades ago. Don't get to the end of your days and say that you never tried. Maybe you have a hobby (other than fancy dress) which you could make money from. Just thinking out loud.

Wishing you all the best in your new adventure.

By the way - what's an online picker?

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Ah no @Yoghurt on a Stick, it's good but the weather isn't great and I've three children in tow so you can envisage the difficulties! Any length of time in the car becomes a little difficult... :wacko: 

Oh, that's a bollocks. It's can be super annoying when the weather doesn't play ball (as Glastonbury goers are only too familiar with). I had to go to a funeral today, and the weather really didn't help matters. There was loads of fog to deal with,  and associated traffic congestion,, so that a should be hours journey turned in to a two hour journey. This meant we were 10 minutes late for the start of the funeral service! Reallly could have done without that. On the upside is that the deceased would have found our predicament something to have a laugh about. 

Sending this one out in to the ether, so that its there forever -  RIP Dave. A gentleman and a scholar. And a man who was there when the chips were down and me and my misses were out. 

And a quote to follow;

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. 

I love you Dave.   BM  27/3/2018

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello crazyfool1 -  Embrace the change in a positive way, and yes - go for it on the creative skills bit if you can. I know that I wished that I'd tried the creative line a fair few decades ago. Don't get to the end of your days and say that you never tried. Maybe you have a hobby (other than fancy dress) which you could make money from. Just thinking out loud.

Wishing you all the best in your new adventure.

By the way - what's an online picker?

I will :) ...its a picker for those that are not able to make it to the supermarket and get there own shopping I go round with those trolley things and put it in trays ready for delivery or collection ... no profit in it ... but apparently a growth (loss ) market ... its not my real job but I end up always helping out .. as they always need help to get the orders picked and never have enough people and im quite fast at it !!

29 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I will :) ...its a picker for those that are not able to make it to the supermarket and get there own shopping I go round with those trolley things and put it in trays ready for delivery or collection ... no profit in it ... but apparently a growth (loss ) market ... its not my real job but I end up always helping out .. as they always need help to get the orders picked and never have enough people and im quite fast at it !!

I worked for many a year in the company that I spent 28 years at absolutely hating the place. I am so so glad I left. I'm starting to shit it a little on the finance front, but know that I'd have squandered my life had I spent a moment longer there. 

I'm a firm believer that "life is for living", at the end of my days I'd rather have memories than money. Although rather contradictory, the money helps...

A little update as I have a rare moment of tranquility... my daughter has surpassed her (current) physio targets by four weeks, which is superb and a testament to her strength and my wife's willingness and drive. She has met most milestones for her age so far, is eating solids and continuing to astound me everyday. She has loads of interventions - physio, OT and hydrotherapy but is doing well. We had some issues with the neuro department last week and a little (possible) bad news but we will see what happens... 

I hope all the frequent posters (and of course the non frequent) are doing well. 

I visited a brilliant farm right on the coast today, I tried to attach the view but to no avail due to image size. I also got bitten by an emu but that was because I disregarded the numerous warnings not to feed by hand. Such a rebel. :D

Another week off after this, and then back to work. Catching Showhawk Duo again next week... should be good! 

Take care!

Edited by vintagelaureate

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'm a firm believer that "life is for living", at the end of my days I'd rather have memories than money. Although rather contradictory, the money helps...

A little update as I have a rare moment of tranquility... my daughter has surpassed her (current) physio targets by four weeks, which is superb and a testament to her strength and my wife's willingness and drive. She has met most milestones for her age so far, is eating solids and continuing to astound me everyday. She has loads of interventions - physio, OT and hydrotherapy but is doing well. We had some issues with the neuro department last week and a little (possible) bad news but we will see what happens... 

I hope all the frequent posters (and of course the non frequent) are doing well. 

I visited a brilliant farm right on the coast today, I tried to attach the view but to no avail due to image size. I also got bitten by an emu but that was because I disregarded the numerous warnings not to feed by hand. Such a rebel. :D

Another week off after this, and then back to work. Catching Showhawk Duo again next week... should be good! 

Take care!

Great news about your daughter vintage. I'm really pleased for her, and for your family as a whole.

Hope the weather was better today.

It's not everyone that can claim to have been bitten by an emu. You should be proud. I'm really not sure why, but I feel like I want to be bitten by an emu now. In fact, I'll not settle until I am. Look what you've started!

Enjoy your time off, because life is indeed for living.:)

18 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Take care!

let me know how they are ... im off to see them in Bristol at the end of April which im looking forward to lots after the gig whatever time it finishes we have some spare hours till our 1am bus ...so any recommendations of bars /clubs from Bristol folk would be good .. Do you know the warm up acts ? and would like to know when they finish as some of the group are catching an earlier train back 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

let me know how they are ... im off to see them in Bristol at the end of April which im looking forward to lots after the gig whatever time it finishes we have some spare hours till our 1am bus ...so any recommendations of bars /clubs from Bristol folk would be good .. Do you know the warm up acts ? and would like to know when they finish as some of the group are catching an earlier train back 

I can't claim to be a brizzle expert, but we were up there recently for Mrs gumby's 40th, and I'd recommend The Cuban, on Harbourside. Decent tunes, and very nice cocktails! Whatever you do, stay away from Prizm nightclub, unless you're under 25!

24 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I can't claim to be a brizzle expert, but we were up there recently for Mrs gumby's 40th, and I'd recommend The Cuban, on Harbourside. Decent tunes, and very nice cocktails! Whatever you do, stay away from Prizm nightclub, unless you're under 25!

thanks Mr Gumby looks like a good shot :) now next job trying to persuade my carefull friends to splash out a little rather than ending up in a Weatherspoons !!

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Will do. 

Support is apparently... 

Andy Bellis

Luke Gallagher 

I know nothing of either but will let you know!

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

Bit of catching up to do, but glass raised for your mate, Yog xxx

Cheers lucy. Much appreciated. I nearly 'went'before him recently. About 4 to 5 weeks ago, at one stage, I was given less than two hours to live. Turned out to be total kidney failure with a toxicity level of 1000. I'm on the road to recovery though. Dave was a lovely bloke, who I clicked with within seconds of meeting him. A generous man, who gave of himself to others.

It is with that in mind that I dedicate another song to him;

youtube.com/?gl=GB&hl=en-GB

Anyway, hope you are well, and possibly see you at Boomtown - if I get there! You know what I'm like for actually turning up at festivals!