NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

From tonight’s jaunt around the farm, I should call the RSPCL.....although I think it was my fault for taking the photos. Mummy wasn’t happy with me being there so kicked her lamb until he got up and they ambled off. The last one is Mum giving me the evils

9BDEE1CC-63EC-4B23-8871-C48B192B5BB7.jpeg

D6B95D50-0AF0-42C1-9EB9-AEBBA5CFBA68.jpeg

674D55AE-E541-4490-90E1-29E58C89A681.jpeg

2055D46B-1159-4FA2-9390-ECD44D545BFB.jpeg

8F404212-16F3-4F9F-A956-E35EE52F5E31.jpeg

4018E82D-4542-49A2-A2F0-51EA34214926.jpeg

461A9BA6-242F-460F-B383-9E359FD474FD.jpeg

Edited by deebeedoobee

Good afternoon. Been a while since posting as I’ve been busy with UCAS applications, getting hours in at work after over a month off & reading the fallout on the Reading 2018 forum.

So, anyone with some advice on... Central America! A friend has just split up with his girlfriend & wants to do a bit of travelling so i suggested Nicaragua & maybe Costa Rica. I’ve never been to this area before but he is keen to have a few beers, get cultural & enjoy some stress free time. I just want to see as much as possible in the shortest amount of time.

It’s not a greatly well traveled destination so any advice would be great! I’ll understand if there’s no replies, Wikitravel is a good read.

Stay warm.

12 hours ago, Bisque said:

Good afternoon. Been a while since posting as I’ve been busy with UCAS applications, getting hours in at work after over a month off & reading the fallout on the Reading 2018 forum.

So, anyone with some advice on... Central America! A friend has just split up with his girlfriend & wants to do a bit of travelling so i suggested Nicaragua & maybe Costa Rica. I’ve never been to this area before but he is keen to have a few beers, get cultural & enjoy some stress free time. I just want to see as much as possible in the shortest amount of time.

It’s not a greatly well traveled destination so any advice would be great! I’ll understand if there’s no replies, Wikitravel is a good read.

Stay warm.

I've spent a few weeks in Costa Rica and about one week in Nicaragua.  CR is hot, lots of jungle, and is pretty well developed.  It's also about as safe as Central America gets.  I travelled a bit around the place, went to see the volcano at La Fortuna, but spent most of my time in San Jose and the Tortuguero national park where i was (nominally) volunteering.

I only went to San Juan Del Sur in Nicaragua, when i had to leave CR to get my visa re-done.  It's a backpacker town, which i like.  Nice beach, cheap hostels, surfers, that kind of vibe.  It's not yet like Khao San road, but it will be one day I expect.

Rum and coke (both kinds) are cheap and plentiful.

There's a backpacker trail all through latin America.  They call it the Gringo Trail.  You'll find decent hostels etc and all the tourist attractions on the trail, and you'll be safe.  Obviously there's some parts of latin America best avoided, but the same can be said for anywhere really.

I spent most of a year travelling solo from those countries down through South America, so if there's anything specific you need to know, just ask.  If I was going back over there though it wouldn't be Nicaragua or CR, it'd be Colombia or Argentina, as I liked them better.  

Edited by fatyeti24

11 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

They call it the Gringo Trail.

Thank you so much for your help, you will certainly be getting some questions thrown your way! I will research the gringo trail.

San Juan Del Sur is the only place alongside arriving & departing Managura(?) I’ve looked at as some Canadian friends I met in Thailand went last year to just party.

I just need to book time off work now!

Anyone doing anything nice for mothers day?

Dad moved.. 

Sons 31st birthday party and stag and daughter in law.. Soon to be... Hen party done we called it a hag party 

Now I'm in pain and feel like I've been in the ring with rambo.. 

But I managed to cook the wife breakfast.. 

Happy mums day to those who have one.. 

G

Hey @Bisque, I have a friend who toured South America until she broke her leg in the Amazon. I can put you in touch or ask any questions if needed... 

Hope all is good with you @guypjfreak and the hangover is cured! 

Mother's Day was a quiet one for us, myself and my wife don't have parents, but our kids had a little photoshoot. My eldest could only handle a little bit before getting fed up though. My youngest is still powering on - lots of interventions finally getting out in place now, although we had a nightmare with the hospital last week. 

I have a busy two weeks in work at the moment, then the Easter break. Anyone got any plans? I'm off to a cottage in the middle of a donkey sanctuary! 

Take care all, and have a great week. 

4 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Cheers old son 

We can put a man on the moon we can do most anything but we can't make a drink that gets you drunk but doesn't give you a bloody head ache lol 

Gin and tonic with plenty of ice. I can drink lashings of it and not even feel hung over the next day. If I were to drink the same amount of whisky / whiskey,  then there no doubt that there would be occasions where I'd have to be hospitalized. 

Afternoon all :)

After a crappy 10 days, I've had a few bits of good news. I got places stewarding at both the festivals I wanted yesterday, the doctor had a rummage around my arse and said there was nothing to worry about, and to top it off, Facebook have deleted the britain first page. Nice!

Hope all's good with you lovely lot! :)

2 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Funny old life.. As me dad says 

It's all a load of Bollox son 

He's right.. Benidorm on now a bit of light relief 

I've never seen the comedy Benidorm, but have heard that it's OK. I have actually been to Benidorm itself on a number of occasions and had a great time there. My word, I've just realized that I haven't had a hot sunny holiday abroad in years. That might get rectified this September. Time and money, will tell.

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've never seen the comedy Benidorm, but have heard that it's OK. I have actually been to Benidorm itself on a number of occasions and had a great time there. My word, I've just realized that I haven't had a hot sunny holiday abroad in years. That might get rectified this September. Time and money, will tell.

Yea tell me about it.... I NEED SUN 

Happy birthday to our very own Yeti! Hope you've had a splendid day :) Love the pic, CG! Well done! 

Ooh Guy that sounds good, yes please post a pic. 

Well not much to report here, I've stocked up on cider and snacks for a weekend on my own, watch this space for drunken ramblings!