NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

On 19/02/2018 at 12:30 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Anyway, go to go back for more. I think I'm going to do four holes, have a break, four holes etc. Oh, and my mate hasn't  turned up to help - yet!

Probably wise to take a break after filling four holes, before you start any more, you're only human, after all! ;)

As for your mate joining in, I can only imagine!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Probably wise to take a break after filling four holes, before you start any more, you're only human, after all! ;)

As for your mate joining in, I can only imagine!

In my weariness yesterday, I'd completely forgotten to be aware of the 'Finbarr', and that The Finbarr Kid would come a gun slinging. 

As for my mate, he actually is 'that' way inclined, but fortunately, not towards me. 

Anyway, with a continuing cavalier regard to the 'Finbarr', I'd like to inform you all that I have filled many more holes than my last dispatch. Only a handful more to go, but they have to be filled today (fnaar)!    :)

Evening all :)

I'm officially in planning mode now. YouTubing acts that are playing Bearded Theory, planning fancy dress, looking forward to the lineup announcement for Beautiful Days, and booking my Oxfam places next month. Finally starting to look ahead to the summer, rather than backwards to the winter which, frankly, has been a bit of a shitter. @Curlygirl, have you got a plan for the BT theme?

15 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I'm officially in planning mode now. YouTubing acts that are playing Bearded Theory, planning fancy dress, looking forward to the lineup announcement for Beautiful Days, and booking my Oxfam places next month. Finally starting to look ahead to the summer, rather than backwards to the winter which, frankly, has been a bit of a shitter. @Curlygirl, have you got a plan for the BT theme?

might be able to help with some ideas if you struggle ... once you have a theme ...:)

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

might be able to help with some ideas if you struggle ... once you have a theme ...:)

The theme for Bearded is 'fairy folk and forest creatures'. I know you tend towards LEDs and EL wire in your creations, but I'm not sure they really fit with that! I've got an eye on a few things on eBay, and I'll see what else comes up. I've got to bear in mind, though, that whatever I go for, I've got to get it from Somerset to Derbyshire on public transport! 

7 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

The theme for Bearded is 'fairy folk and forest creatures'. I know you tend towards LEDs and EL wire in your creations, but I'm not sure they really fit with that! I've got an eye on a few things on eBay, and I'll see what else comes up. I've got to bear in mind, though, that whatever I go for, I've got to get it from Somerset to Derbyshire on public transport! 

just wear it :) always adds to the entertainment and lots of double takes ... I ended up in hospital one year wearing mine ...... fairy folk makes me think of sparky white lights .... don't just do the leds and el wire ... although it might seem like it :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

I don’t do themes Gumballs! I shall be there in all my sparkling gloriousness but I pack light so no fairy/woodland stuff for me! I’m crap at ideas so feel free to offer some of it packs up small. 

16 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

We were in Glastonbury town the same weekend as the faery ball last march, I'm not going to lie it was pretty damn magical :)

there was a gathering in the town hall beforehand with some amazing outfits & accessories for sale.  Same dates this year 10th & 11th March :)

You are the person to help me out then Georgie!! Any ideas will be fab!! 

Strangely enough I've looked in to fairy stuff before (there's an open goal for you mr gumby!). This might whet people's tastebuds. Starting off with a pair of wings that would be easy to make yourself, and then the ideas move on from there;

Inline image 1

Inline image 1

il_570xN.474890060_o9k7.jpg

Inline image 1

Inline image 1

http://haslemerewardrobe.co.uk/costumeshire/wood-fairy-p-343.html

Inline image 1

Inline image 1

So I need to book holiday. I cannot decide between Nicaragua or Laos for May (hopefully before it gets too wet). I'm, fingers crossed, leaving my job in September for university so have my holiday to take.

Any advice, I've never travelled central or South America before & Laos will be quite a bit cheaper for flights?

That is indeed how I roll.

Not been up to anything hugely life changing. Was gradually becoming more stressed at work and less capable of handling multiple communication channels so just too a while away. Re-learning how to organise myself and use a calendar mainly!

Did take the new year as the kick to finally sort out the job thing though. Not as earth shattering as some of the ideas I'd been bouncing around but sat two down with my boss and I'm now on a pathway to stay in the company but expand some of the stuff I'm already doing and re-train into a completely different role. After 14 years across 5 companies of being in a role I only fell into by chance it feels chuffing amazing to finally be doing something about it! So no more whining about work from me :D

24 minutes ago, Quark said:

That is indeed how I roll.

Not been up to anything hugely life changing. Was gradually becoming more stressed at work and less capable of handling multiple communication channels so just too a while away. Re-learning how to organise myself and use a calendar mainly!

Did take the new year as the kick to finally sort out the job thing though. Not as earth shattering as some of the ideas I'd been bouncing around but sat two down with my boss and I'm now on a pathway to stay in the company but expand some of the stuff I'm already doing and re-train into a completely different role. After 14 years across 5 companies of being in a role I only fell into by chance it feels chuffing amazing to finally be doing something about it! So no more whining about work from me :D

just me whinging about work on here instead ... will happily take your mantle 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Thank fuck for that! :D

I jest, of course. Glad to hear things are improving.

That's fair. I was bored of listening to me FFS!

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

just me whinging about work on here instead ... will happily take your mantle 

Passing the torch brother. Hope it's not too shabby

if accuweather is right then Wednesday here in cornwall its gonna feel like -4 during the day and -13 Wednesday night (with the windchill) also we`re predicted an inch of snow on Wednesday and thats where I live which is a normally warmer then most, low lying area-we never get snow, literally everytime theres snow in the country it always misses us due to being low lying and right next to the sea it only usually hits the moors down this way but this time their predicting it for even this area so thats saying something (think the moors are hitting a low of -16 overnight in the wind and 1.8 inches of snow)

Not looking forward to the cold though I hope we get the snow and it settles due to the cold, my 2 girls have never seen snow other then a few flakes in the air a couple of times that never settled so if we get a load on the ground damn right their staying off school that day to go make snowmen! :)

anyway hope everyones well, this next year is going to be wierd, after 5 summers in a row looking forward to glastonbury this is my first fallow year, time to find something else to do in june I reckon!

Edited by waterfalls212434

My daughter is back in hospital :(

She had a few suspected fits yesterday, so we had to take her in. They've given her a CT scan and that has come back clear. We are waiting to hear if she can come out today and go back for an ECG on Monday. She has been under the weather with a bad cold so best case scenario is that they've triggered the fits, and that they are not a consequence of her underlying conditions. So fingers crossed. 

Things had started to pick up abit for me too, so this is a bit of a knock back.

Anyway, I hope you are all well and stay wrapped up ahead of the big chill. Have a good weekend all!