NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

45 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Wot does that mean old son... If it doesn't work I think you have to download it or something.. I don't understand these things.. They have a mind of there own lol 

Hello guy,

I don't understand these things either. I did click on the link but this site wouldn't allow me to see anything. I'm not much of one for games anyway - computer games, board games etc, I avoid them all. As for jigsaw puzzles,  I cannot fathom why anybody would waste their time / put themselves through such an ordeal.

In terms of The Matrix link - well let me tell you that I've had a few red wines first, as this may help to explain my course of action. Anyway, I'm feeling the affects of the red wine and I read your post. It's hard, if not impossible, for me to explain but it all seemed very Matrixy to me ie you are on here in the virtual world, whilst also being where you were when you wrote your post, yet you can also be found again on this game in a pub. It was just me playing with my own mind really, and indicating to myself that you are in all places at all times (omnipresent). Hopefully that goes someway to explaining. It's the best that I can do anyway.

Hope you are having a lovely evening.. :)

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello guy,

I don't understand these things either. I did click on the link but this site wouldn't allow me to see anything. I'm not much of one for games anyway - computer games, board games etc, I avoid them all. As for jigsaw puzzles,  I cannot fathom why anybody would waste their time / put themselves through such an ordeal.

In terms of The Matrix link - well let me tell you that I've had a few red wines first, as this may help to explain my course of action. Anyway, I'm feeling the affects of the red wine and I read your post. It's hard, if not impossible, for me to explain but it all seemed very Matrixy to me ie you are on here in the virtual world, whilst also being where you were when you wrote your post, yet you can also be found again on this game in a pub. It was just me playing with my own mind really, and indicating to myself that you are in all places at all times (omnipresent). Hopefully that goes someway to explaining. It's the best that I can do anyway.

Hope you are having a lovely evening.. :)

Lol ahh I get it totally old son..... 

I hate crowds and people but I go to Glastonbury and one of the best things that happened to me last year was being accosted by two lovely young ladies.. But I will admit I didn't really know what to do lol.. I might come across as a outgoing person but I'm not lol

4 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Lol ahh I get it totally old son..... 

I hate crowds and people but I go to Glastonbury and one of the best things that happened to me last year was being accosted by two lovely young ladies.. But I will admit I didn't really know what to do lol.. I might come across as a outgoing person but I'm not lol

There is the odd fleeting moment in my life when I do wonder if we really are in a Matrix type scenario. Are we just a figment of our own imagination? Am I mad? Who knows? I find it interesting though that in 2016 the Bank of America produced a report which suggested that there's a 20 to 50% chance that ' our world is a Matrix-style virtual reality and everything we experience is just a simulation'. 

15 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

There is the odd fleeting moment in my life when I do wonder if we really are in a Matrix type scenario. Are we just a figment of our own imagination? Am I mad? Who knows? I find it interesting though that in 2016 the Bank of America produced a report which suggested that there's a 20 to 50% chance that ' our world is a Matrix-style virtual reality and everything we experience is just a simulation'. 

I don't know where the Bank of America comes into this, but there are those who think this, notably Nick Bostrom and Elon Musk. It is a logically robust hypothesis it must be said. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_reality#Simulation_argument  , https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jun/02/elon-musk-tesla-space-x-paypal-hyperloop-simulation

I personally have my doubts.

22 minutes ago, bamber said:

I don't know where the Bank of America comes into this, but there are those who think this, notably Nick Bostrom and Elon Musk. It is a logically robust hypothesis it must be said. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_reality#Simulation_argument  , https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jun/02/elon-musk-tesla-space-x-paypal-hyperloop-simulation

I personally have my doubts.

Hello bamber,

I'm a little too not with it to digest any information right now.

I do have a little bit of good news though - I won a competition and the prize is two first class Interrail tickets valid for a months travel. I think I mentioned this before, but it's only recently been confirmed. I'm hoping that we are going to travel for a few weeks using it in September, maybe even the full month. I guess, as ever, it will all boil down to finances. It's alright having free travel, but you still have to sleep and eat somewhere. I haven't done any planning yet, but will be looking for cheap quirky places to stay in a number of countries. I'm normally pretty good at finding these places, but if any of you out there know of some, then please feel free to shout out what they are, so that I can look them up. Information is power!

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello bamber,

I do have a little bit of good news though - I won a competition and the prize is two first class Interrail tickets valid for a months travel. I think I mentioned this before, but it's only recently been confirmed. I'm hoping that we are going to travel for a few weeks using it in September, maybe even the full month. I guess, as ever, it will all boil down to finances. It's alright having free travel, but you still have to sleep and eat somewhere. I haven't done any planning yet, but will be looking for cheap quirky places to stay in a number of countries. I'm normally pretty good at finding these places, but if any of you out there know of some, then please feel free to shout out what they are, so that I can look them up. Information is power!

If you have free Interrail tickets I strongly suggest you get your arse down to Hossegor in France next Summer or Amsterdam for Kings Day which is April 27th

camping-piscine-capbreton.jpgQueens-Day-Prince-Canal.jpg

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello bamber,

If you make it to Prague, I know a fantastic place. I spent an entire summer there so can send you some recommendations for that part of the world!

16 hours ago, bamber said:

If you have free Interrail tickets I strongly suggest you get your arse down to Hossegor in France next Summer or Amsterdam for Kings Day which is April 27th

camping-piscine-capbreton.jpgQueens-Day-Prince-Canal.jpg

Hello bamber,

I've been to Amsterdam on both Queens Day (queen Beatrix) and on Kings Day. The best was Queens Day, as a load of us went over there and had booked to stay in two houseboats for about five days. One (the one that I was staying in) was completely in the thick of it when the celebrations began. We had people off boats coming up to our houseboat asking if they could use our toilet.. We told them yes of course they can. To a person every one of them gave us a joint on their way back out after using the loo. The other houseboat was over opposite the zoo (hate zoo's) and was a converted second world war mine sweeper. I know this because we had a call from those staying on it saying that the owner had turned up and given them the full history of the boat, and it's conversion. When my brother (who was staying on our boat) heard this information he wry remarked that ' There house boat might well have been an ex mine sweeper, but our house boat is a current mind sweeper'. And guess what, he wasn't wrong. Let's just say that there were a lot of drugs on that boat, as well as a lot of stoned people.

We haven't even looked at a route yet, but will look in to Hossegor. If it's on our flight path then we'll have a peep.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

12 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

If you make it to Prague, I know a fantastic place. I spent an entire summer there so can send you some recommendations for that part of the world!

Hello vintage,

I've been to Prague before, but my wife hasn't, so it may well be on our agenda. When I went (with an ex) it was winter and it had just snowed. It made the place seem all fairytale. I recall crossing a famous bridge (can't remember the name) and being shocked to see a homeless bloke sat there in inches of snow begging. It broke my heart that did. So, I walked over to him took my wallet out and gave him a fist full of our holiday spending money. I suspect that it blew his mind to get that much money, but let's face it, everybody needs a break and a spot of good fortune every now and again. 

As I said in my post to bamber,  we haven't even started looking in to where we are going to go, but if Prague makes the list I'll be in touch. In fact, I rather like the idea of creating our agenda from recommendations from efesters. Not sure what my wife would make of that, but I think I'll put it to her.. To my minds eye it's a great idea - as long as more people pipe up with other suggestions. Anyway, I am now going to create a folder with yours and bamber's suggestions. So, anybody else reading this right now, and you know of a special place to visit, some top accommodation, or anything really, then please shout out. This has the makings of an efests road trip. :)

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I recall crossing a famous bridge (can't remember the name) 

Charles Bridge? 

Prague is a brilliant city, I've been in the winter and a summer there. There is always something going on. I adore Krakow too. 

On the subject of travelling, one place I wasn't too fond of was Hamburg. The food and drink were excellent but the Reeperbahn was probably one of the dodgiest places I've ever been at night time... and I've been to some questionable places! 

I think your plan sounds fair, Yog. You've a few months of planning ahead but it'll certainly be a worthwhile trip. Enjoy!

Hello everyone. I came back from Cambodia. I shat myself lots, fell off a boat & broke a rib, saw Angkor Wat & played at a lot ot beer pong which I am awful at. I am so skint but apparently am going to Istanbul for Valentines day, Sub Focus which finishes at 4am & a Mad Cool Festival ticket. I have no money left & my students mostly got grade ungraded to E

edit: his name is @Woffy

Edited by Bisque

7 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Charles Bridge? 

Prague is a brilliant city, I've been in the winter and a summer there. There is always something going on. I adore Krakow too. 

On the subject of travelling, one place I wasn't too fond of was Hamburg. The food and drink were excellent but the Reeperbahn was probably one of the dodgiest places I've ever been at night time... and I've been to some questionable places! 

I think your plan sounds fair, Yog. You've a few months of planning ahead but it'll certainly be a worthwhile trip. Enjoy!

Yes, it was Charles Bridge. 

I'll take on board the Hamburg tip. In fact, other than passing through it and a rest stop we may skip the country altogether. Although my wife has said that she doesn't mind going there, I don't find it appealing. For some reason I have never thought to myself 'Oh, I'd really like to visit X city in Germany'. It's just never happened.This is going to sound appalling and is totally non PC, but I think sub consciously I can't forgive them for both world wars. It's the only thing that I can think of to quantify why it doesn't appeal.There may be another reason deep down, but I if there is, I don't know what it is. 

The above said, I did go to Stuttgart once with my psychopathic ex. We went to visit a friend of hers who lives there with her Dutch husband. It was an OK time and fortunately, and unusually, passed without incident. I say that it passed without incident, when I should have mentioned that there was one incident. This was actually down to me, rather than my ex, who used to create incidents at rapid fire. What happened was that the Dutch husband absolutely loved his dope. For this special weekend he had driven over the border to somewhere in Holland and acquired an array of different types of dope. Anyway, before we went out for a meal we had a couple of smokes of the mildest stuff that he had. All well and good. Then he asked me if he should roll one up from the strongest dope that he had, and we'd have it just before going in to the restaurant. The ladies, who weren't smoking, weren't impressed with this suggestion, but I  told him it was a fantastic idea. So, he rolled one and off we went to the restaurant. As planned, we smoked this joint just before going in. We then entered this extraordinarily posh restaurant (I forgot to say that the Dutch bloke was a major food buff). Apparently you had to reserve tables months and months in advance.. Anyway, we had no longer sat down than the dope hit me like a ton of shit, and I got 'the fear' bad. As in very bad. So bad, in fact, that I had to excuse myself and leave the premises. I went and sat on some steps hoping that the air would help restore my brain functions, but to no avail. My ex came out to see me and I told her that I was sorry but there was no way that I could go back in. I told her to carry on with the meal without me, which they did. When they eventually came out the Dutch bloke was more apologetic than an apologetic thing. He really did start beating himself up about it. He was condemning himself for having given me the hard stuff to smoke when he hadn't known if I could handle it beforehand. 

Anyway, I thought Stuttgart was nice and clean, the public transport amazingly efficient etc, but it just didn't grab me in any way. I know that you can't class all cities the same, but as I said, non of them jump out at me as places to actively go and visit.

• Upvote 1

On 1/18/2018 at 10:15 PM, guypjfreak said:

No worries old son.. 

Just been for a drink with my friend who's dying and only get a call before I go telling me that the funeral is going to be the same day he starts radiophropy.. Nightmare... 

Left house 

But now I have just been out of the house for ten minutes and I've been cold I've looked at the stars and I'm thankful for my wife and my fucking life...

Why the fuck do I put this shit on here... Fuck knows but maybe it's cos I feel that you are not real or maybe cos I've met a few people. 

Fuck knows but thank you efestivals... 

I hate people and don't like metting people but my other person in my head does.. Maybe that's why I am on here.. 

Only a few people know me but it's nice that I can text Bollox to know one.. 

G

Glad to be able to help old son.

• Upvote 1

Well Happy New Year folks!:)

I’ve largely been absent from here over the last 6 months or so as real life has taken over a little. I’ve briefly checked in now and again though it has seemed very quiet.

What has been going on in my life while I’ve been away? Not too much...work, more work, a gig with yeti and H.M.V, a bit more work, Christmas, Trip to Australia and now looking for more work!

Hope you’re all keeping well and doing the stuff you all do. I’ll try to check in a bit more.:)

Love to all,

Shaun.

7 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Well Happy New Year folks!:)

I’ve largely been absent from here over the last 6 months or so as real life has taken over a little. I’ve briefly checked in now and again though it has seemed very quiet.

What has been going on in my life while I’ve been away? Not too much...work, more work, a gig with yeti and H.M.V, a bit more work, Christmas, Trip to Australia and now looking for more work!

Hope you’re all keeping well and doing the stuff you all do. I’ll try to check in a bit more.:)

Love to all,

Shaun.

Hello Shaun,

Did you manage to 'sneak' in to Glastonbury last year?

Death in paradise 

The lady in white did it by slipping a tablet in her mouth cos if she could see the healer she would know he was not real 

Well how wrong was I lol 

Edited by guypjfreak

Evening all,

Well, today was the day, we had the funeral for Mrs gumby's dad this afternoon. Nice and simple, and a lot of friends and family gathered to remember him. As it's Friday night, and I dare say a fair few of you will be having a tipple or two, if anyone fancies joining me in raising a glass in his honour, that would be nice.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Gumby x

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Evening all,

Well, today was the day, we had the funeral for Mrs gumby's dad this afternoon. Nice and simple, and a lot of friends and family gathered to remember him. As it's Friday night, and I dare say a fair few of you will be having a tipple or two, if anyone fancies joining me in raising a glass in his honour, that would be nice.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Gumby x

Just popped in and read this; raising a glass as we speak there gums, though dog is oblivious! 4B67251B-C711-4D42-93BC-4A58E65116D7.thumb.jpeg.9919d69c3d6b7dcd98597555f704aa6d.jpegNever a good time funerals, hope all is as good as it can be, given circumstances; peace and love x

• Upvote 1