NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Happy fucking new year 

My son did a great job putting on a nye gig in a night club with over 450 people attending then the next day some w*nkers stole his horse box which he has had turned into a stage for his festival.. 

So not a good start to the year 

If you can please post on Facebook 

26166591_10155846907180761_4423940656848967024_n.jpg

26166649_10155631787423301_6994934230521563151_n.jpg

please keep your eyes open, its very distinctive and contains my sons festival kit. stolen from pokesdown.

Bert Burnell
3 hrs
PLEASE SHARE : YELLOW HORSEBOX STOLEN FROM MY DRIVE LAST NIGHT. Pretty hard to miss this bright yellow thing. If anyone has any leads to get back this dj stage, let me know. It's full of kit and removed from Boscombe. Police have been informed and checking cctv. What a great start to the year.
UPDATE> white renault traffic van seen at at 5.21 heading down alley so keep eyes peeled for it towing big yellow horse box

26165845_10155846907140761_8181654211160713201_n.jpg

That is such a pisser, and a poor start to the New Year. I hope the cctv can hone in on the number plate of the van. I'm unsure as to share on Facebook, but will try for you. Was it and the kit insured?

I have just received an email indicating that I have won a competition that I entered late last year. The prize is two first class Interrail tickets for people of me and my wife's age. The competition was run by a very reputable website (as far as I can tell). I was directed to the Interrail website where I filled out all our details. So, now I wait. This could go two ways, as far as I can see - the first is that it's legit, and we get two 1st class tickets. In which case it's going to be a yahoo moment. The second case is that it's some sort of scam. I know that I want it to be the first case, but also genuinely believe it to be the first case. 

If you want to know who held the competition, it's these folk;

http://www.spottedbylocals.com/

Time, as ever, will tell.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That is such a pisser, and a poor start to the New Year. I hope the cctv can hone in on the number plate of the van. I'm unsure as to share on Facebook, but will try for you. Was it and the kit insured?

Thanks all 

No the insurance was just too much.. Where we live it's a nightmare... But it must have been a planned thing cos it's was all clamped and had other things to put people off but we know that a Renault traffic was used and that it took about 5 minutes to take.. Hopefully there will be pics of the van on cameras cos all the main Rds are camerad up to the max and they had to go through them... Only thing is the old bill aren't that interested.. But Sharon got to the local paper yesterday and there going to be in touch with our son to day.. Fingers crossed.. 

Were off out now to check out some places were it could be and where you don't really want to go but hey ho.. 

Have a safe day All 

Edited by guypjfreak

8 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Thanks all 

No the insurance was just too much.. Where we live it's a nightmare... But it must have been a planned thing cos it's was all clamped and had other things to put people off but we know that a Renault traffic was used and that it took about 5 minutes to take.. Hopefully there will be pics of the van on cameras cos all the main Rds are camerad up to the max and they had to go through them... Only thing is the old bill aren't that interested.. But Sharon got to the local paper yesterday and there going to be in touch with our son to day.. Fingers crossed.. 

Were off out now to check out some places were it could be and where you don't really want to go but hey ho.. 

Have a safe day All 

Hello guy,

I have a feeling that I know where you are going to go looking. Good luck.

5 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Good luck @guypjfreak - hoping it turns up for your son.

@Yoghurt on a Stick any news on your winnings? It sounds great.

Hello vintagelaureate,

I've had some email interaction with one of the founders of the site that held the competition. He displayed his pleasure at our good fortune when I told him that my wife was about to have kittens with excitement at winning the prize. As far as the prize goes I was directed to Interrail's own website where I had to fill in our details. I'm kind of expecting them to take a day or two for processing things and then get in touch. Or it could be the case that, at some point, we'll just get two tickets come through the post. Then again, it could be that somebody in the Far East is currently working on a false set of passports using our details! Who knows? Nothing ventured, nothing gained - or lost, as the case may be.

Well nothing so far but old bill have been to see my son..... 

You can some very strange looks going up some of those lanes lol.. Found a scrap yard in middle of nowhere with a real nice Bedford in it

It's all very strange.. If you wanted a horse box christ I could of picked up a couple yesterday..getting it out from my sons is a nightmare .. And they couldn't use the decor inside wagon.. 

So the plot thickens ah.. 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

This song possibly means more to me than any other. It's not that I associate the words with any moment in my life, it's just that I associate the words with a moment in my life! It's not a person, it's a segment of time. Or, is it? This track makes me 'feel';

Hi Yog,

I don't know if you remember, but quite some time ago, I mentioned having made some compilation CDs of what I call 'goosebumps' songs. Songs that just make the hairs on my arms and neck stand on end. This was one of them. It's one of a small number of tracks where I think the cover is even better than the original. I particularly like the interweaving of Van Morrison's Into the Mystic. On a very strange day, the fact you have posted it has given the song an extra poignancy. I heard this morning that Mrs gumby's dad had passed away, and have spent the day at the hospital, and then at my in-laws house, doing what I can to support her, her mum, her sisters, and the grandchildren. It's been a shit of a day, but that song has brought a tear to my eye, in a good way. 

Thank you, Yog, thanks very much.

5 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Hi Yog,

I don't know if you remember, but quite some time ago, I mentioned having made some compilation CDs of what I call 'goosebumps' songs. Songs that just make the hairs on my arms and neck stand on end. This was one of them. It's one of a small number of tracks where I think the cover is even better than the original. I particularly like the interweaving of Van Morrison's Into the Mystic. On a very strange day, the fact you have posted it has given the song an extra poignancy. I heard this morning that Mrs gumby's dad had passed away, and have spent the day at the hospital, and then at my in-laws house, doing what I can to support her, her mum, her sisters, and the grandchildren. It's been a shit of a day, but that song has brought a tear to my eye, in a good way. 

Thank you, Yog, thanks very much.

So sorry to hear about Mrs g's dad mr gumby. It can't be nice at your end right now. I have been in floods of tears over a death, in the last few days. It's coming up to the anniversary of one of my mates death and it hit me hard. I still miss him. I still talk to him. I still love him. 

I understand what you mean by the cover being better than the original. My loyalty to Marc Almond is torn on this one. I need Soft Cell's version every now and again. It reminds me about life long gone. 

All the best. 

Things are a bit made this end. We've got the carpet fitters in - and no that's not a euphemism. It's meant a total upheaval of the house,  but it will, hopefully, mean that we'll finally be able to get things out of the boxes that they've been in for getting on 4 months. I am a magpie in that I collect loads of stuff thinking that it'll be useful for something at a later date. In fact, I'm kind of on the way to becoming one of them mad hoarders that you see on Channel 4 documentaries. As I can consciously see this (at the moment) I have decided not to give in to this OCD type thing, and get rid of a load of stuff. This is going to be a painful experience in one way, but hopefully cathartic on another front. 

Anyway, I hope that everyone is well,. :)