NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

A very happy new year to everyone, I agree with Digger that this year has been interesting and difficult, but also fantastic. Here's to a great 2018! I'm off to express myself via the medium of dance later, hope everyone has a good time whatever you're up to :)

Also, it's been so good to meet more of you this year, and to spend time together talking nonsense, dancing, sharing stories, and generally being amazing. More next year please! 

Happy Hogmanay you beautiful bunch and thankyou for being a part of my life over the last few years. Hope you have a lovely evening whatever you are doing... and here’s to a fantastic 2018 full of festivals, fun and frivolities. Some of you I will be seeing next year and I truly can’t wait. Love yas :wub: x

• Like 1

We've just been sitting around discussing what we hope for in the Near Year and the general view was a bit of 'normality'- whatever that may mean. It may sound horrible but we all hope for the demise of ailing, frail mother in law who is struggling at 94 and just wants to die.  I've got one daughter who's hoping for a two-year post to Paris (I'll be first in the queue for holiday visits) and another who may get married.

I'll settle for a few good festivals and time away in my caravan.

I'm stone cold sober. I tried to drink earlier this evening but couldn't manage it. It's actually a good start to 2018, as I need to be more industrious this year, and being sober more often is part of that strategy. For those with New Year resolutions I hope that you all succeed in achieving what you want to achieve. :)

I'm sat watching the highlights on BBC 2 with my youngest in my arms. 

Who knows what 2018 will bring? Be the best you can be, and see where life takes you. 

Good luck and good fortune to all. 

I'm also very much sober @Yoghurt on a Stick, I haven't had a wild NYE since 2013. I outdid myself that year. It's a story of smoke machines, confined spaces, disco lights, a tandoori, an 8 person rave and a missing piece of jenga. :D

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'm sat watching the highlights on BBC 2 with my youngest in my arms. 

Who knows what 2018 will bring? Be the best you can be, and see where life takes you. 

Good luck and good fortune to all. 

I'm also very much sober @Yoghurt on a Stick, I haven't had a wild NYE since 2013. I outdid myself that year. It's a story of smoke machines, confined spaces, disco lights, a tandoori, an 8 person rave and a missing piece of jenga. :D

Hello vintagelareate,

I haven't gone out on a NYE in years. Mind you I don't do a lot of going out nowadays anyway - it's too expensive to do so, and I've already done my fair share of going out. The only good NYE that I can actually recall was going to a mates party in London in 1999. 

Your 2013 NYE sounds interesting, especially the missing piece of jenga. Well, that and the smoke machines, confined spaces, disco lights, tandoori, abd the 8 person rave. :)

Afternoon all, and a happy , healthy and darn right awesome 2018 to eac( and every one of you

group of friends round last night, cheese, wine, bubbles, watched the local fireworks at midnight and then danced in my slippers in the lounge until 3am. Brunch cooked  this morning then all settled down to watch the Glastonbury highlights, which bought back some superb memories.Casserole nearly cooked so that fill feed the buddies and then I’ll them back home, and there ends 12 days of catering for friends and family and visitors or various varieties 

Now onto festival planning for 2018, was thinking latitude, now someone has thrown No 6into the mix... Anyone been to No6 that can comment, not one I have ever really considered 

10 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Gumby are you feeling any better today? I hope so!

Hope everyone else is ok too! I've spent the whole of this year so far in my pyjamas. Unfortunately I am back at work tomorrow so will have to do proper clothes! 

Break the system and wear PJ's under your clothes. Fight the power. :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

Gumby are you feeling any better today? I hope so!

Hope everyone else is ok too! I've spent the whole of this year so far in my pyjamas. Unfortunately I am back at work tomorrow so will have to do proper clothes! 

I'm getting there, thanks Lucy. I'm also back at work tomorrow, at 5 a.m. Then I've got to do parenting while Mrs gumby goes to work, so I guess I'll just have to suck it up and get on with it! Hope your first day back goes ok :)

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Break the system and wear PJ's under your clothes. Fight the power. :D

That is a good plan!

7 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I'm getting there, thanks Lucy. I'm also back at work tomorrow, at 5 a.m. Then I've got to do parenting while Mrs gumby goes to work, so I guess I'll just have to suck it up and get on with it! Hope your first day back goes ok :)

Good to hear you're getting there! Thanks, hope yours is ok too :) We can compare notes afterwards!

Happy fucking new year 

My son did a great job putting on a nye gig in a night club with over 450 people attending then the next day some w*nkers stole his horse box which he has had turned into a stage for his festival.. 

So not a good start to the year 

If you can please post on Facebook 

26166591_10155846907180761_4423940656848967024_n.jpg

26166649_10155631787423301_6994934230521563151_n.jpg

please keep your eyes open, its very distinctive and contains my sons festival kit. stolen from pokesdown.

Bert Burnell
3 hrs
PLEASE SHARE : YELLOW HORSEBOX STOLEN FROM MY DRIVE LAST NIGHT. Pretty hard to miss this bright yellow thing. If anyone has any leads to get back this dj stage, let me know. It's full of kit and removed from Boscombe. Police have been informed and checking cctv. What a great start to the year.
UPDATE> white renault traffic van seen at at 5.21 heading down alley so keep eyes peeled for it towing big yellow horse box

26165845_10155846907140761_8181654211160713201_n.jpg

Edited by guypjfreak