NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Evening all :)

Spain was lovely, warm and sunny. Bit of a shock when we got back to Gatwick! All the unpacking and washing is done, and gumby jr is back at school. I'm off to Southampton tomorrow, for a training day for my new job. Leaving the house at 5.30 in the morning, so I'm off to bed now! Hope everyone is doing well, night night! :)

16 hours ago, pauladam said:

Afternoon all,

Well that was a fun weekend just past (ok I know its Tuesday - the hangover has only just subsided).

A wee trip to Manchester with my one of my best mates to see Metallica, they didn't disappoint (too much).

Managed however to get more drunk that I think I ever have been and got myself lost after the gig and somehow made it back to the hotel at silly o'clock - woke up in the morning unable to walk hardly at all. Cue the long train journey home and the prompt of get yourself to A&E from the Mrs when I got in - cue another few hours, thankfully nothing broken (still none the wiser) but my right foot is currently the size of a pumpkin with the look of zombie skin (all shades of purple, blue, red and yellow) - fitting for Halloween I thought! 

Anyway, now I am signed off booze for a while as I think I need to take a rest!

Oh aye, and if anyone is kicking about between Manchester Arena and the Park hotel and spots a Microsoft Lumia mobile phone on the floor, be a star and pick it up and send it to me - My work will be very grateful :| (getting that drunk whilst also on-call....not my smartest move - thankfully I was able to check the logs in our phone system and there were no missed calls or I would have been up to my neck in the brown stuff!)

Anyway, hope everyone having a good week so far.

Cheers!

That really was a spectacular performance. Congratulations. On call too? Now that really could have gone pear shaped. I have a friend who is very high up in the company he works for. One Monday morning the first staff arrived at the offices reception to see the place in somewhat of a disarray, with soil everywhere from the spilled, previously potted, plants, leaflets all over the place etc. Anyway, they played the security cctv to see what had happened, and yes, there it showed for all to see, my mate using his keys to get in (apparently very few people have keys), and proceed to stumble about the reception like a human pinball, wrecking everything in his path. He is then seen to leave the premises, lock up, and fuck off in to the night. He was lucky to get away with that one.

Mind you I have another friend who was taken out for dinner by a well known security company's sales representatives. He, and another colleague, were representing their company, and there were two blokes representing the security company. Anyway, to cut a long story short, my mate and his work mate went on the lash, which was being paid for by the other two, who weren't drinking. The end of the night saw them all go to a restaurant, where, in a state of total inebriation, my mate started singing Irish rebel songs out loud while his work colleague attempted to light his own farts. Lord only knows what the two sober sales people must have thought.

33 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

my mate started singing Irish rebel songs out loud while his work colleague attempted to light his own farts

Crikey - I would say that's taking it pretty far in terms of state of inebriation - but there is a period of time (few hours) that I have zero recollection of....so for all I know I was doing similar (or worse :o)

54 minutes ago, pauladam said:

Crikey - I would say that's taking it pretty far in terms of state of inebriation - but there is a period of time (few hours) that I have zero recollection of....so for all I know I was doing similar (or worse :o)

Blacking out is scary territory. It's happened to me before on a fair number of occasions. Let's just say that I have woken up more than once in a police station cell, not knowing how I got there. On top of that, I used to go to AA meetings because my drinking got so bad. I recall one bloke there saying that he goes to prisons to talk to alcoholics there who have committed murder, and have absolutely no recollection of having done such a thing. I still get pissed now, but never go back to the way I was in the old days. I'd hate to go back to that type of life.

18 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Evening all :)

Spain was lovely, warm and sunny. Bit of a shock when we got back to Gatwick! All the unpacking and washing is done, and gumby jr is back at school. I'm off to Southampton tomorrow, for a training day for my new job. Leaving the house at 5.30 in the morning, so I'm off to bed now! Hope everyone is doing well, night night! :)

My home turf! Hello! :)

Injury update - my ankle is still killing me - torn ligaments, not nice at all - but I am able to put weight on it a little now, so hopping about the house has now turned into a zombie style shuffle.

On the plus point I remembered I still had some tramadol left over from getting my tonsils out a couple of years back (Ive never experienced pain like that before!!!) - anyway, they have made everything (EVERYTHING) better! :P

8 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Very nice! Hope it was a good day! 

Thanks Lucy, it was a good day. I've now finished my first shift in store too, and think it'll be really good for me. It might take a while to get used to shop work again, compared to parenting, but I'm really looking forward to it :)

@pauladam, hope your ankle mends soon. On the plus side, if there's any time of year when zombie shuffling is de rigeur, it's now!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Think that was just tier 1 and 2 Guy, there's still tier 3 :)

Yea we tried to get our friend tickets but he's OK now.. I'm not bothered about going tbh.. Apparently they have done a lot of work after last year's ques.. X

3 hours ago, pauladam said:

Injury update - my ankle is still killing me - torn ligaments, not nice at all - but I am able to put weight on it a little now, so hopping about the house has now turned into a zombie style shuffle.

On the plus point I remembered I still had some tramadol left over from getting my tonsils out a couple of years back (Ive never experienced pain like that before!!!) - anyway, they have made everything (EVERYTHING) better! :P

Hello pauladam,

Sorry to hear that the ankle is still giving you gip. Hope that it heals sooner rather than later. Tramadols are good. My wife has to take them and I occasionally nick one and take it. Mind you, her Gabapentin tablets are even better, so I take them more regularly. It's like taking an e.

Anyway, I'm loving the mental image of the zombie shuffle. Hop that you can hop, skip and dance again soon.

• Upvote 1

Oh, I meant to say - I've gone and bought BoomTown tickets for next year. Now all I have to do is broach the subject of telling my wife that I've bought the tickets. She'll not even have heard of BoomTown, or the expense (booked a campervan ticket too) of it. As I said in another post, this could be an interesting evening. I have looked at their website and the place looks fab. Plus Neil (efests) has given it the seal of approval, and that good enough in my books. Wish me luck. lol

16 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello pauladam,

Sorry to hear that the ankle is still giving you gip. Hope that it heals sooner rather than later. Tramadols are good. My wife has to take them and I occasionally nick one and take it. Mind you, her Gabapentin tablets are even better, so I take them more regularly. It's like taking an e.

Anyway, I'm loving the mental image of the zombie shuffle. Hop that you can hop, skip and dance again soon.

I take these, and when I first started on them I can confrim it was like an e! I still have moments now where I'm a bit WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Brilliant stuff! 

ps they are amazing at doing what they are intended for too, so all good :)

Happy Friday, everyone! 

Replacement flaps? I say! Haha! 

Oh Yog I'm going to Boomtown! See you there! Guy, yep the queues were a pain, but this time we'll be more prepared and hopefully they will too!

Gumpy, glad to hear the new job is going well :) 

Hope everyone else is well or healing nicely or just alive! That's good enough! 

Thanks everyone for your kind messages of support - gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling all over :P

This weekend will mostly be spent on my back with (at least) one leg in the air (or at least on a pillow) - Im pretty sure it wont be as much fun as it sounds - but hey ho, needs must.

@mr gumby Whats the web address for these replacement flaps, might see if they offer other body parts :D

2 hours ago, pauladam said:

@mr gumby Whats the web address for these replacement flaps, might see if they offer other body parts :D

It's a company called PetSafe, which sounds most reassuring to me. Presumably, if a small domestic animal takes it upon itself to attack your flaps, you can be confident of being protected. Not sure if they do any other body parts, though!

Aloha!

we have our first proper weekend of actual paying guests at the house - non tonight but house full tomorrow and one on sunday.  the last booking for tomorrow came through at about 3pm today, which meant i had to get the room ready quickly.. it needed a new, and quite specific brand of toilet seat, which, by some sort of miracle, i found in Kendal at 4pm on a Friday.  and i got money off cos it was ex display (i didn't ask).

hope everyone is well, or recovering well, or at least planning on being well.

:D 

15 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Happy Friday, everyone! 

Replacement flaps? I say! Haha! 

Oh Yog I'm going to Boomtown! See you there! Guy, yep the queues were a pain, but this time we'll be more prepared and hopefully they will too!

Gumpy, glad to hear the new job is going well :) 

Hope everyone else is well or healing nicely or just alive! That's good enough! 

Hello lucy

I have yet to tell my wife about it. Not out of fear, but because it slipped my mind. In fact, it was only reading your post that made me remember that I had booked tickets. Talk about gormless. I'm a bit zonked out at the moment. :)

7 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Morning all, another one here for Boomtown. Gonna be a great away meet of NFR NFC !

I'd like to be at the meet up, but I have 'history' of not doing so. I will try to make amends on this one though - the place looks fab, as in fabarooonie. I've only received positive feedback about it. I don't know it's vibe at all, but the visual representation of all the areas to explore given on their website, leads one to believe that there are some clever minds at work here. Whether they are farming the creativity out or not is not known to me. I guess it's a case of 'who gives a shit' as long as it is and says the right thing. Looking forward to it. I need a bastard holiday. Being tethered to a fucking idiot 24 hours a day takes it's toll, so, na, na, na, nah, na. Ennit? 

Peace & Love

Pieces of Love

Which reminds me. I wrote a poem last night. It, interestingly enough, plopped right out of my head in a one'er. This is what I did write (or possibly wrongly created!);

Amo, amas, amat, amamus, amatis, amant.

03.32 - And I'm doing a poo

03.33 - And it's me, me, me

03. 34 - Ain't no one at the door

03.35 - I'm doing a bad job of staying alive

03.36 - Pull down your nix, of course. Hello

03.37 - Will we / wont we go to heaven

03.38 - Is that the farmer at the gate?

03.39 - Are we / aren't we doing time?

03.40 - Who are you calling shorty?

03.41 - Am I really, nearly done?

03.42 - Oh, how I love you

03.43 - I do believe that it's you and me

03.44 - Hear that, that's the closing of the door.

THE END (BIT - ENNIT?)

Now it started with that, then I changed it for some reason, and who would have though that it would have come to this - 'You don't remember me do you? You don't remember me do you?'.

The afore mentioned 'poem' has been altered / abused;

Amo, amas, amat, amamus, amatis, amant II

03.32 - Who are you?

03.33 - And it's me, me, me.

03. 34 - Ain't no one at the door.

03.35 - I'm doing a bad job of staying alive.

03.36 - Pull down your nix, of course. Hello.

03.37 - Will we / wont we go to heaven?
cleardot.gif

03.38 - Is that the farmer at the gate?

03.39 - Are we / aren't we doing time?

03.40 - Who are you calling shorty?

03.41 - Am I really, nearly done?

03.42 - Oh, how I love you

03.43 - I do believe that it's you and me

03.44 - Hear that, that's the closing of the door.

THE END (BIT - ENNIT?)