NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

You, sir, are a legend! :)

I can (vaguely) recall a similar episode that happened to me one year at Glasto. The year is a little bit hazy, but I think it was probably 2014, as that's the only time I've been solo, and I don't remember having to endure any withering looks of pity and embarrassment the next morning. It may well have been on my way back to my tent after the efests meet. I was ambling through the market areas, somewhere between William's Green and Pyramid, I think, when I heard what sounded to me like some catchy electro tune. I paused, to let my brain absorb it, and found my limbs moving in time, so I went with it. As I was a little worse for wear, it wasn't long before I needed to pause and get my breath back, and that's when I noticed the refuse truck reversing behind me. 

I've seen people dancing to the thrum of the poo train's diesel engine in the past. 

5 hours ago, mr gumby said:

I paused, to let my brain absorb it, and found my limbs moving in time, so I went with it. As I was a little worse for wear, it wasn't long before I needed to pause and get my breath back, and that's when I noticed the refuse truck reversing behind me. 

Very good. Very good indeed.  I like.  :)   It's a good job there wasn't an ice cream van passing!

Anyway, all the above, reminds me of this;

On 10/17/2017 at 11:47 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Very good. Very good indeed.  I like.  :)   It's a good job there wasn't an ice cream van passing!

Anyway, all the above, reminds me of this;

Bloody love Tyres!! 

My friend and I once danced to a fire alarm, we just thought the music at the club we were in had gone a bit minimal... then security pointed out we had to leave. Oops.

Hello! just popping in. FRIDAY! Yes indeed! Port - yes please Gumby although how are we going to manage to bring stilton in as well - if the sun is anything like last year it will melt. Lucy - chances of that sloe gin lasting until 19 are minimal my dear - we know what you are like!

Yog you are a legend sir - have missed your stories, warm hugs to everyone else and enjoy the weekend and the arrival of Storm Brian.

7 hours ago, pauladam said:

one word - FRIDAY!

(although only 9.10am which sucks a bit and a 3 hour drive home at the end of it too)

But still .....FRIDAY!!!

I had a car like that once.

I'll get my coat.

4 hours ago, noplacelikehome said:

Hello! just popping in. FRIDAY! Yes indeed! Port - yes please Gumby although how are we going to manage to bring stilton in as well - if the sun is anything like last year it will melt. Lucy - chances of that sloe gin lasting until 19 are minimal my dear - we know what you are like!

Yog you are a legend sir - have missed your stories, warm hugs to everyone else and enjoy the weekend and the arrival of Storm Brian.

That's nice to hear, thank you noplacelikehome. 

Well, I've done some fencing work today -  by which I mean garden fencing, as opposed to the sport type fencing or the receiving and selling on of stolen goods. We now have almost total privacy from prying eyes for the majority of our rear garden. We only have one immediate neighbour, and I think that he'd have difficulty seeing in to a lot of the rear garden from his house. That said, although we've only just moved in recently , we are already getting on famously with him, so privacy from him is not such an issue really. Before we moved in I had wondered about the neighbour and what he would think of my art work being put in the garden, even though he himself has two cracking large timber sculptures in his own garden. Turns out he doesn't care what we do / get up to. It also turns out that he made the two timber sculptures himself, and also was invited to (and did) show them alongside some of Anthony Gormley's work (just love some of his stuff). 

Anyway, I would have gone on longer, but her indoors is demanding that I do some more DIY - as in now!.

Hope you all have a fab weekend.

Just watched the one show. I hope Mr E  saw the lad that played at the end. 

Stay safe weather bomb on way 

Been out today found a lovely very very hide away camp site that only allows 5 vans.. And better than that there's no one there for when we want to go lol.. 

Happy weekend all 

A fair few weeks ago, I sent an email to Shangrilart asking them if they looked at unsolicited submissions. They responded back today, informing that it was OK for me to email them some photos of pieces of art. So, I have just written them a lengthy email, and then lost the unsent email. Can't find the bastard thing anywhere. So, now I have sent another email, which doesn't exactly match the former email, in terms of content. Ho hum.

Just popped in to say hello after the usual lurking again... lots of laughter at your chats ( especially yours Yog... good luck with the art submissions!) but boy I'm sad no G this year reading all the posts especially as I've just stocked up on sloe gin and it reminds me of the farm. Wild and beastly in the Nottinghamshire countryside now but braving it to head out to Rock City later to take the 14 year old son to his first gig, PSB. 

Stay safe all in the gales. :(

Just back from the pub. Have had a a lovely afternoon with two mates who have come to visit. Actually, one of them has been here since Tuesday. Anyway, it's been a while since I've had a few drinks in the afternoon in the pub. I like it. Then again, I always did like the afternoon sesh. The one lad has brought some mushrooms with him. Fortunately not too many. Hoping to get more tiddly, with a mild bit of visuals. We are going to be having a fire in the back garden too later. So, all good this end. Hope that everybody's in the same boat.

15 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

A fair few weeks ago, I sent an email to Shangrilart asking them if they looked at unsolicited submissions. They responded back today, informing that it was OK for me to email them some photos of pieces of art. So, I have just written them a lengthy email, and then lost the unsent email. Can't find the bastard thing anywhere. So, now I have sent another email, which doesn't exactly match the former email, in terms of content. Ho hum.

Yea watch it and you'll see then stop a car.. Literally in the next Rd lol 

So what you hoping to do. Get some art at the festival.. That'll be great old son. 

42 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Yea watch it and you'll see then stop a car.. Literally in the next Rd lol 

So what you hoping to do. Get some art at the festival.. That'll be great old son. 

Would you believe that I have no knowledge of where I'd like this communication with them to go. It would be cool to be able to show some stuff at the festival (or elsewhere, for that matter), but it's really not the end of the world if it doesn't come to anything.