NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

22 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello again guy,

Given your previous almost blasé response to falling off a cliff while pissed, and going straight 'back on it' afterwards, I think it's fair to say that I would eagerly read that book of yours. You should write it. All the best, old son.

Lol no no I wasn't pissed that I know.. Where / if I've said I was pissed when I went off cliff I probably wrote it when I WAS pissed LOL 

I have to admit that alot of my /friends  escapades have been when we'd had a half pint or two lll

Once at Glastonbury God knows how long ago.. Hang on I'll ask wife.. Either 2002/5...... I was fussing over my flag. Now before my neighbour left me his flag pole I use to nab one of the wooden poles and use that.. 

This one time the flag was squwiff so Ged who's over six foot tall.... He's the that's having kmo...... And I decided that we would get a glasto bin turn it up so he could stand on it then I climbed up on to his shoulders with some help lol then we tried to both shimmy up this bloody pole together lolol 

Anyway it failed. He went one side into a tent I went over hit bin and had to go to the medical centre cos the whole top half of my leg was like a big red thing all bruised to hell.. So that was another glasto I got injured at.. Had to just sit and do drugs lol I was OK to hobble around by Sat but hey ho.. 

It's a good thing that I have got some good friends.. Even though as like this weekend I organised a night camping for the Ged I asked if anyone wanted to go for a walk and NO.. they know me too well.. 

Any way peace and tea all 

PS did you get to see SPORADICS..... 

Edited by guypjfreak

16 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Lol no no I wasn't pissed that I know.. Where / if I've said I was pissed when I went off cliff I probably wrote it when I WAS pissed LOL 

I have to admit that alot of my /friends  escapades have been when we'd had a half pint or two lll

Once at Glastonbury God knows how long ago.. Hang on I'll ask wife.. Either 2002/5...... I was fussing over my flag. Now before my neighbour left me his flag pole I use to nab one of the wooden poles and use that.. 

This one time the flag was squwiff so Ged who's over six foot tall.... He's the that's having kmo...... And I decided that we would get a glasto bin turn it up so he could stand on it then I climbed up on to his shoulders with some help lol then we tried to both shimmy up this bloody pole together lolol 

Anyway it failed. He went one side into a tent I went over hit bin and had to go to the medical centre cos the whole top half of my leg was like a big red thing all bruised to hell.. So that was another glasto I got injured at.. Had to just sit and do drugs lol I was OK to hobble around by Sat but hey ho.. 

It's a good thing that I have got some good friends.. Even though as like this weekend I organised a night camping for the Ged I asked if anyone wanted to go for a walk and NO.. they know me too well.. 

Any way peace and tea all 

PS did you get to see SPORADICS..... 

Hello guy,

You seem to definitely have it in for yourself. What's wrong with you, man!? lol

I'm afraid that I didn't get to see the SPORADICS (or make that t shirt). I'm not sure what time / day they played? I was actually in the bed in the campervan by just after 9pm on the first night. I'd had a very stressful two weeks prior to going to the festival. I was moving home from Birmingham out to a little country town. For the first time (I thought) I'm not going to do the move myself, but employ a removal company. Anyway, to cut a long story short they filled two vans of our stuff and said they'd not be moving the rest. I therefore had to move it myself over the two weeks prior to the festival, so was stressed and tired. Then I had the long drive up to the festival. In order to try to stay awake for my mates sake (there was only the two of us there) I took shed loads of speed - as in dangerously abnormal amounts. Anyway, I had to go to bed early feeling a little ill. Then I started to feel so ill that I thought to myself 'This is it, your a gonner'. Anyway, I survived and was alright the next day. It's a great little festival, and I had a great time there, and discovered that psytrance is the music for me. :)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello guy,

You seem to definitely have it in for yourself. What's wrong with you, man!? lol

I'm afraid that I didn't get to see the SPORADICS (or make that t shirt). I'm not sure what time / day they played? I was actually in the bed in the campervan by just after 9pm on the first night. I'd had a very stressful two weeks prior to going to the festival. I was moving home from Birmingham out to a little country town. For the first time (I thought) I'm not going to do the move myself, but employ a removal company. Anyway, to cut a long story short they filled two vans of our stuff and said they'd not be moving the rest. I therefore had to move it myself over the two weeks prior to the festival, so was stressed and tired. Then I had the long drive up to the festival. In order to try to stay awake for my mates sake (there was only the two of us there) I took shed loads of speed - as in dangerously abnormal amounts. Anyway, I had to go to bed early feeling a little ill. Then I started to feel so ill that I thought to myself 'This is it, your a gonner'. Anyway, I survived and was alright the next day. It's a great little festival, and I had a great time there, and discovered that psytrance is the music for me. :)

Ah shit speed can do that to you.. I love my base but have to be careful cos once I start I can't stop lol. 

Theres always next year to catch them.. 

19 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

If I was the offendable type, I probably should be a bit offended! ;)

You can talk about it being made of oranges as much as you like, but it is clearly a ginger cat, and that's just about as 'lucy' as you can get. The only thing I can think of, that would've made it more 'lucy', is if it'd been made animatronic, and was singing the Hallelujah chorus! ;)

xx

51 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Yog, Guy, everyone else- you're all bonkers and I love you! :) 

I'm not bonkers. Just ask that bloke following me, he'll tell you. Love you too lucy, and all those on here.

Will you just have a look at this poor bastard;

Image result for vegetable and fruit animals

That's the look of a bird that knows deep, deep down, that it's never going experience flight. Fright, maybe, but not flight. If I could change all that, I would. I'd give it a military grade e, and then it could soar like no fruit based bird has ever flown before. 

I know, or at least feel,  that I may be labouring the fruit and vegetable based animal thing, but could someone help me out on one more animal. The following photo reminds me of an animal in a childhood cartoon, but I can't for the life of me nail what that character is, or even the cartoon. So, if it jogs anybody's memory, please let me know the details. Ta.

Image result for vegetable animals

1 hour ago, pilton digger said:

You forgot gin.

Guilty as charged! 

55 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Good point, digger! How about this:

A gin-sozzled ginger cat, singing the Hallelujah chorus, and then falling over a wheelbarrow.

Yes! We're singing that again this term! Love it :) Not so keen on falling onto wheelbarrows. Something I won't be doing again, if I can help It! 

50 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm not bonkers. Just ask that bloke following me, he'll tell you. Love you too lucy, and all those on here.

That's the look of a bird that knows deep, deep down, that it's never going experience flight. Fright, maybe, but not flight. If I could change all that, I would. I'd give it a military grade e, and then it could soar like no fruit based bird has ever flown before. 

I know, or at least feel,  that I may be labouring the fruit and vegetable based animal thing, but could someone help me out on one more animal. The following photo reminds me of an animal in a childhood cartoon, but I can't for the life of me nail what that character is, or even the cartoon. So, if it jogs anybody's memory, please let me know the details. Ta.

That pineapple chappy looks quite terrifying. 

21 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

That pineapple chappy looks quite terrifying. 

Really? I thought he / she looked  'terrified'. It's an easy state to get oneself in to in the fruit and veg based animal kingdom, because there's so many weirdo looking animals out there. Lord knows how it's going to cope when it first stumbles across mr gumby's 'piece'. I'd say that it'll piss it's pants with pineapple juice. I've never thought about it before, but that may be how the man from Del Monte 'gets' his pineapple juice. He say 'yes', I say 'no'. Stop scaring the shit out of the ickle fruit people you monstrous man. And for fucks sake change your tailor.Oh, and give us a 50p off token, you tight bastard. 

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm guessing you might be thinking of Parsley the lion, Yog.

parsley-6.jpg.ba7a661d4d952838c7a7f4f4e8a35849.jpg

Edited by mr gumby
  • Upvote 2

That's the one, thanks lads. I have now been able to scratch that particular curiosity niggle.

Hope that everyone enjoys their Saturday. I'm off later to explore the town that I have recently moved to. With one thing or another, me and my wife haven't had the opportunity to properly have a good look around the place. So, that's our plan. That it will just end up with us visiting a  load of pubs is almost a racing certainty. 

41 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Have a good day, Yog! I'm going to attempt to free myself of the clutches of my pyjamas, find outside clothes, and brave the greengrocers. 

Hello lucy,

You aren't going to the greengrocers to obtain fruit and veg to create animals are you? You know that way lies madness. 

Anyway, I'd forgotten that I am due to pick up a rug that I bought off someone off ebay at 1pm, so my town site seeing antics are on hold until after I come back from doing that. Which reminds me, I must wander off and write the address down, as that will help no end.

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello lucy,

You aren't going to the greengrocers to obtain fruit and veg to create animals are you? You know that way lies madness. 

Anyway, I'd forgotten that I am due to pick up a rug that I bought off someone off ebay at 1pm, so my town site seeing antics are on hold until after I come back from doing that. Which reminds me, I must wander off and write the address down, as that will help no end.

No fruit and veg animals have been made! Not yet anyway... ;)

22 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

No fruit and veg animals have been made! Not yet anyway... ;)

It's not just animals you are  limited to. Sadly, I am forced to admit that I've done my research in this area, and have witnessed / been exposed to examples such as these;

Related image

Related image

I prefer the second one, but that's possibly because of shoe fetish, as opposed to preferring fruit over culinary vegetables.

As an aside, I didn't go out on the lash after all this afternoon. I'm now drinking gin and tonic to try to make up for it. 

Hope everybody's having a fab Saturday night.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It's not just animals you are  limited to. Sadly, I am forced to admit that I've done my research in this area, and have witnessed / been exposed to examples such as these;

Related image

Related image

I prefer the second one, but that's possibly because of shoe fetish, as opposed to preferring fruit over culinary vegetables.

As an aside, I didn't go out on the lash after all this afternoon. I'm now drinking gin and tonic to try to make up for it. 

Hope everybody's having a fab Saturday night.

Yog, thanks it is a great night, following some work on the allotment earlier today, making a curry from scratch (it included pomegranate, but not in any animal representation) and being driven to and from a cider festival.  We're now enjoying some together time. On separate laptops.  Pedantically, I'd have to highlight that tomatoes are botanically a fruit. Both of these are the cheapest and most hygienic to eat food off a complete stranger. So they say.

17 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Yog, thanks it is a great night, following some work on the allotment earlier today, making a curry from scratch (it included pomegranate, but not in any animal representation) and being driven to and from a cider festival.  We're now enjoying some together time. On separate laptops.  Pedantically, I'd have to highlight that tomatoes are botanically a fruit. Both of these are the cheapest and most hygienic to eat food off a complete stranger. So they say.

Hello carlosj,

Long time, no talk. Happy to hear that you are enjoying your night. I can count on one hand(*) the number of times that I have cooked a meal from scratch. That is, apart from when on an Asian cookery course one evening a week for several weeks. I recall that very fondly. Your curry sounds interesting. A true sensation for the taste buds, I'd say. 

And you got to go to a cider festival? Nice one.

I must say, I did know about the tomato fruit bit, but have seen it referred to elsewhere as a culinary vegetable. Not sure what the score is with that, and am a little too stoned to want to try looking right now. 

(*) - You do know that I am a Martian and have no understanding of human mathematics. Or have hands, for that matter?  :)

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello carlosj,

Long time, no talk. Happy to hear that you are enjoying your night. I can count on one hand(*) the number of times that I have cooked a meal from scratch. That is, apart from when on an Asian cookery course one evening a week for several weeks. I recall that very fondly. Your curry sounds interesting. A true sensation for the taste buds, I'd say. 

And you got to go to a cider festival? Nice one.

I must say, I did know about the tomato fruit bit, but have seen it referred to elsewhere as a culinary vegetable. Not sure what the score is with that, and am a little too stoned to want to try looking right now. 

(*) - You do know that I am a Martian and have no understanding of human mathematics. Or have hands, for that matter?  :)

Yes, it's been full on these past few weeks again. The eldest going to uni and then not (lack of support for Asperger's) MrsCJ recovering from her op (currently very hormonal) and now MrsCJ has bought tickets for a matinee performance of the youngest's dance show instead of the evening, so the night now resounds to gutteral Anglo Saxon from my wife, and the night is less well than it was.

Anyway, really nice to hear of your move and new surroundings.  Are you a Martian like Arrival, or Mars Attacks?