NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Just thought I'd pop my head in - I'm finally home tonight. After 3 weeks across 3 hospitals. My daughter had brain surgery on Tuesday and is doing well. Still a long road to travel but it is looking a little brighter. 

Also, congratulations on the wedding and @stuartbert two bats what an awesome card. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Just thought I'd pop my head in - I'm finally home tonight. After 3 weeks across 3 hospitals. My daughter had brain surgery on Tuesday and is doing well. Still a long road to travel but it is looking a little brighter. 

Also, congratulations on the wedding and @stuartbert two bats what an awesome card. 

Sending you and your family big warm hugs VL, and all the very best for your daughter. 

xx

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hello vintagelaureate,

Happy to hear that your daughter is doing well after her brain surgery. 3 weeks across 3 hospitals!? That must have taken it out of you, as well as your daughter. I'm not a parent, so don't exactly qualify for fully understanding the roller coaster you are on, but am able to understand, a little, that it must be nerve wracking and very high pressured for you and your partner / wife. I think I probably speak for all on here in saying that if there's anything I / we can do to help ease the pressure for you both, then please say - publicly or privately. Really rooting for your daughter, and you and your partner. 

• Upvote 1

On 13/09/2017 at 8:03 PM, dizzymoo said:

No pressure at all H,  the important thing is that you're married by the end of the day.  To Yeti, obvs  :)

Greetings lovelies,  hope you're all calm and recovered from rum/gin/wine tasting/festival shenanigans.  I am happily in a routine of getting up early (never thought I'd write that) and waving youngest off to the school bus.  A week into yr 12 and it's going better than I dared hope;  he seems to have found a niche with similarly nerdy friends,  and is genuinely enjoying 6th form.  He's even added another subject (having sworn he wouldn't do 4).  After the isolation of the last couple of years it's amazing how good the prospect of parents' evenings feels. 

I'm so impressed by what EMDR therapy has done for my son I'm looking into doing some training so I can offer it to my clients, and free of charge to other students who are struggling with school.  I can never adequately repay my colleague who provided free, life-changing therapy,  but I can try to pay it forward.

I think I need to be checking into this therapy for my 14 year old son if it's been so fab for him. Great news! 

1 hour ago, Brunette said:

I think I need to be checking into this therapy for my 14 year old son if it's been so fab for him. Great news! 

Thanks Brunette,  and do feel free to pm me.  None of the cognitive approaches worked for my son as he couldn't identify what he was anxious about, and most of the time has no idea what he's thinking.  The beauty of EMDR is that you don't need to know those things.  It uses simple physical exercises which are effective even when your anxiety is sky high.  My colleague has a great rapport with my son, which certainly helped (as it does with any therapy),  but the techniques she taught him were what made the difference.

On 9/14/2017 at 1:06 PM, noplacelikehome said:

Hello - just popping in to say good luck to H and Yeti on Friday - if you don't mind photos on t'internet would love to see some!

And great news Dizzy re your son - you must be delighted!

Georgie - I wondered how you got on at Bestival it sounded like the weather was awful. glad you had a great time.

Hugs to everyone else xx

Thanks Dottie, I think it will be some time before I can believe it!

Hope all is well with you?

6 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Well that was quite the weekend!

Thanks for the messages and to those who came and helped us celebrate. It was a brilliant day/night/day.

Day / night / day events are always such fun, but if your wedding is in the middle then it gives it a new dimension again. Being happy and marrying the one you love, with family and friends there to share in your happiness, is mind blowing. 

Sláinte.

• Like 1

I can confirm it was an excellent wedding! I'm home and really quite knackered! Massive thanks to Dee and Digger for putting me up and transporting me to the lakes, and massive thanks to HMV and Yeti for inviting me! Also to CG for organising me, and to everyone else (including all of those already mentioned) for a truly magical few days! 

My third gin is going down rather well, might have another then go to bed. Back to reality tomorrow! 

• Like 1

I do believe I've just had one of the best weekends of my life outside of glastonbury. The wedding was just beautiful... and bonkers. What a party. My body hurts from dancing like a lunatic. Windermere is such a fantastic place and the dome house is just awesome!! Joyce and Phil looked absolutely amazing, and they have the most loveliest family and friends. This won't be a weekend I'll forget any time soon. May your life together be full of happiness. It was so great to see @lucyginger, @ICGenie, @deebeedoobee, @pilton digger, @stuartbert two hats, Deb and Simon, Richard and JP. A real Glastonbury reunion. See most of you at boomtown!! 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I do believe I've just had one of the best weekends of my life outside of glastonbury. The wedding was just beautiful... and bonkers. What a party. My body hurts from dancing like a lunatic. Windermere is such a fantastic place and the dome house is just awesome!! Joyce and Phil looked absolutely amazing, and they have the most loveliest family and friends. This won't be a weekend I'll forget any time soon. May your life together be full of happiness. It was so great to see @lucyginger, @ICGenie, @deebeedoobee, @pilton digger, @stuartbert two hats, Deb and Simon, Richard and JP. A real Glastonbury reunion. See most of you at boomtown!! 

'twas indeed a right cracker!

20 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Was a truly amazing weekend had a blast as well.  Was great to catch up with everyone.  

As you say see you at Boomtown, on the agenda as long as ticket gods allow.  

34 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Was a truly amazing weekend had a blast as well.  Was great to catch up with everyone.  

As you say see you at Boomtown, on the agenda as long as ticket gods allow.  

Hi si old son how is mate.. Big love to you and debs.. And digger and Dee and all the rest of you nutters... Will have to think about boomtown.. Especially if you lot are going lol 

22 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Hi si old son how is mate.. Big love to you and debs.. And digger and Dee and all the rest of you nutters... Will have to think about boomtown.. Especially if you lot are going lol 

Come to boomtown! :)

love your pic with Rankin Roger, I bloody love The Beat! He's a nice chap too, I met him years ago :)