NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Well..this weekend was fun - True North Festival in Aberdeen (not a "Festival" festival - just a collection of various gigs happening at venues around Aberdeen).

Went to 3 myself (think its all I could have coped with tbh after a long week working up in Inverness)

Thursday - Public Service Broadcasting - Great gig, always wanted to see them but have always missed them every time they have been somewhere I have!! Was driving that night as still had to work Friday, but still enjoyed it all the same.

Friday - Arab Strap - I cannot begin to say how much I love Arab Strap, always have! - great gig as always, spoiled a bit due to it being seated, but still a corker all the same - made all the better by ending up meeting up with Aidan, Malcy and the rest of the band at a pub afterwards and getting very VERY drunk with them!

Saturday - Pictish Trail - once again another fantastic gig, seen Jonny (aka Pictish Trail) more times than I can remember - caught him at Glasto this year too which was ace.

Far too much Rum was consumed on Saturday night - thus wiping out Sunday to a day of hiding away from the world....today I am still rough round the edges... but back to work, another long week in Inverness....but never mind, Holiday next week!!! :)

On 9/11/2017 at 8:55 PM, H.M.V said:

It was awesome, had a brilliant time. 

Now final push before the big day on Friday. No pressure. EEEEeeeeekkkkkkkkkk

No pressure at all H,  the important thing is that you're married by the end of the day.  To Yeti, obvs  :)

Greetings lovelies,  hope you're all calm and recovered from rum/gin/wine tasting/festival shenanigans.  I am happily in a routine of getting up early (never thought I'd write that) and waving youngest off to the school bus.  A week into yr 12 and it's going better than I dared hope;  he seems to have found a niche with similarly nerdy friends,  and is genuinely enjoying 6th form.  He's even added another subject (having sworn he wouldn't do 4).  After the isolation of the last couple of years it's amazing how good the prospect of parents' evenings feels. 

I'm so impressed by what EMDR therapy has done for my son I'm looking into doing some training so I can offer it to my clients, and free of charge to other students who are struggling with school.  I can never adequately repay my colleague who provided free, life-changing therapy,  but I can try to pay it forward.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello - just popping in to say good luck to H and Yeti on Friday - if you don't mind photos on t'internet would love to see some!

And great news Dizzy re your son - you must be delighted!

Georgie - I wondered how you got on at Bestival it sounded like the weather was awful. glad you had a great time.

Hugs to everyone else xx

@fatyeti24 & @H.M.V - have a fab day, drink far too much, eat too much, dance your asses off, get a little muddy (maybe?) - and as @Funkyfairy! said treasure every moment...

Just like a weekend at the end of June really (sort of).....as you were :)