NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

16 hours ago, carlosj said:

We're away for t'Bingley festival, the local one to us although my middle step daughter's off to Leeds fest this Friday. I've no more holidays I can take for them, so will look for something next year instead.

On a tangent, I'm pulling a 'Gumby' (oo-er) and creating food, goat's cheese tonight, mmm.

I say!! 

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

In other news, apologies for me being a bit quiet here, got some real life stuff going on. Quiet a lot of real life stuff. I'm ok, occasional bursts of not, but I think I'll be ok. xxx

Ah, hope you're doing OK girl.

Nowt bad for me but similar, just got lots happening and not a huge amount of time to get on eFests. Hope everyone's doing OK.

On a light-hearted note I'm off to Brighton later with Mrs Q to watch a screening of the new documentary on social housing.  We know how to live...

On 21/08/2017 at 5:23 PM, mr gumby said:

Hi everyone :)

I'm back home. What a lovely festival that was! Weather could have been better, but great music and fab people! Hope everyone's doing well.

I left after the Levs on sunday - 2 hour drive to my bed >>> cold tent :)  so was sober on my birthday!

It was a lovely festival cross between Avalon and the Park for me - I'm planning on going next year already.

@Curlygirl highly recommended - go for it on your south coast jaunt next year :)

@crazyfool1   lovely photo.

Edited by cornish hick

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Ah, hope you're doing OK girl.

Nowt bad for me but similar, just got lots happening and not a huge amount of time to get on eFests. Hope everyone's doing OK.

On a light-hearted note I'm off to Brighton later with Mrs Q to watch a screening of the new documentary on social housing.  We know how to live...

I'm alright, just "stuff", you know? Real life can be tricky sometimes. 

Ooh rock and/or roll! Careful now! 

2 hours ago, cornish hick said:

I left after the Levs on sunday - 2 hour drive to my bed >>> cold tent :)  so was sober on my birthday!

It was a lovely festival cross between Avalon and the Park for me - I'm planning on going next year already.

@Curlygirl highly recommended - go for it on your south coast jaunt next year :)

Happy Birthday for Sunday!! 

:) 

Hello lovelies, apologies for my absence but I couldn't figure out the new format on my phone while I was on holiday, and then finding it hard to get back to 'real life'.  @lucyginger sending you big hugs and hope you get through the crappy stuff soon.  Happy belated birthday @cornish hick, and I hope you enjoyed the documentary @Quark. @guypjfreak I think I'll be joining you in the abstinence as I seem to have developed an intolerance to alcohol over the last few weeks, which means it doesn't make me drunk, just ill. After 4 decades of honing my drinking skills this is weird. Probably related to thyroxine dose which I need to convince the GP to increase.

I hope everyone's having as good a summer as they can.  I'm off to Victorious Festival on Saturday, but before that is the huge hurdle of GCSE results tomorrow.  Along with about half a million other parents, I'm bricking it for youngest, who's come so far...  Sending positive, warm vibes to all who need them.  :friends:

16 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Sending you positive vibes @lucyginger & lots of virtual hugs

(((((((((((:preved:)))))))))))

Sometimes real life is like climbing a mountain, in a storm, carrying a donkey, whilst wearing flip flops - they'll be gin waiting at the top though so keep on going :D

Thank you so much!! Just what I needed! 

Although today did have a little accident leaving the car park at home, I was reversing and someone came out of their space into me! Luckily we were only going about 2 miles an hour, if that. I'm going to go and see him later to sort it all out. 

Will def have a gin later now!!! 

12 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Hello lovelies, apologies for my absence but I couldn't figure out the new format on my phone while I was on holiday, and then finding it hard to get back to 'real life'.  @lucyginger sending you big hugs and hope you get through the crappy stuff soon.  Happy belated birthday @cornish hick, and I hope you enjoyed the documentary @Quark. @guypjfreak I think I'll be joining you in the abstinence as I seem to have developed an intolerance to alcohol over the last few weeks, which means it doesn't make me drunk, just ill. After 4 decades of honing my drinking skills this is weird. Probably related to thyroxine dose which I need to convince the GP to increase.

I hope everyone's having as good a summer as they can.  I'm off to Victorious Festival on Saturday, but before that is the huge hurdle of GCSE results tomorrow.  Along with about half a million other parents, I'm bricking it for youngest, who's come so far...  Sending positive, warm vibes to all who need them.  :friends:

ooo how did youngest do @dizzymoo ?

Are Stereophonics playing on Saturday? Was so tempted to fly over for it, and Reading on Sunday (thought I could do a long weekend cramming festivals lol), but in the end decided to pay for Mum to fly over here instead - so shes not on her own for another BH weekend

2 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

ooo how did youngest do @dizzymoo ?

Are Stereophonics playing on Saturday? Was so tempted to fly over for it, and Reading on Sunday (thought I could do a long weekend cramming festivals lol), but in the end decided to pay for Mum to fly over here instead - so shes not on her own for another BH weekend

Overall a good set of results, decent passes in everything (including a grade 8 in maths which is brilliant), so he's definitely going to 6th form.  He missed the grades he needs for 2 subjects by a couple of marks, so we need to do some negotiating with the teachers, but there should be allowances made.   Given that he's been out of school 2 years and has only been able to get down to working properly in the last year,  it's a miracle he's achieved so much.

How lovely you are to your mum!  Stereophonics are playing on Saturday, the main reason we're going as my bestie's a huge fan.  But I also want to see Frank Turner and British Sea Power.  I've never been before but it seems amazing value at under £40 for a day ticket.

1 hour ago, dizzymoo said:

Overall a good set of results, decent passes in everything (including a grade 8 in maths which is brilliant), so he's definitely going to 6th form.  He missed the grades he needs for 2 subjects by a couple of marks, so we need to do some negotiating with the teachers, but there should be allowances made.   Given that he's been out of school 2 years and has only been able to get down to working properly in the last year,  it's a miracle he's achieved so much.

How lovely you are to your mum!  Stereophonics are playing on Saturday, the main reason we're going as my bestie's a huge fan.  But I also want to see Frank Turner and British Sea Power.  I've never been before but it seems amazing value at under £40 for a day ticket.

Great news on your son's achievements.

On 23/08/2017 at 0:59 PM, cornish hick said:

Belated birthday wishes CH! :)

No help now, I know, but thankfully the Sunday night was much less chilly than the Friday and Saturday nights! I was shivering for those two, but Sunday night, I was snug as a bug, at least until my alarm went off at 6.30 to get me up for a stewarding shift! 

Agree with your assessment, maybe with touches of West Holts and greenfields thrown in here and there. Definitely planning to go again too! :)

2 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Please pass on my congratulations to dizzy jr. :)

On 14/08/2017 at 4:17 PM, naughtygeorgie said:

:D

My sister and I have been for afternoon tea today. The jam/cream debate continued. I say cream then jam, she said jam then cream. Now judge for yourselves... hers was a bit of a mess and mine was OCD tidy. IMG_6599.JPG.61929e96a7b3d7a74360d70fa10418f1.JPG

@dizzymoo that's a fantastic result for your son! Congratulations to him! 

@lucyginger so sorry to hear you're going through real life shit. It is actually shit. I've had a shitstorm at work (literally!!) and dealing with an alcoholic friend and my close mate diagnosed with bowel cancer. Life isn't fair sometimes. Hugs to you lovely one. 

@Spacey, if I decide to go to Beautiful days would you fancy camping together? I really don't want to go it alone. Send me a message with your fb name and I'll add you. Thanx to the rest of you for the reviews. It does sound lovely!! 

34 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

My sister and I have been for afternoon tea today. The jam/cream debate continued. I say cream then jam, she said jam then cream. Now judge for yourselves... hers was a bit of a mess and mine was OCD tidy. IMG_6599.JPG.61929e96a7b3d7a74360d70fa10418f1.JPG

@dizzymoo that's a fantastic result for your son! Congratulations to him! 

@lucyginger so sorry to hear you're going through real life shit. It is actually shit. I've had a shitstorm at work (literally!!) and dealing with an alcoholic friend and my close mate diagnosed with bowel cancer. Life isn't fair sometimes. Hugs to you lovely one. 

@Spacey, if I decide to go to Beautiful days would you fancy camping together? I really don't want to go it alone. Send me a message with your fb name and I'll add you. Thanx to the rest of you for the reviews. It does sound lovely!! 

That's a fine looking scone you have there, CG! ;)

I can't say for sure if I'll be at BD next year, or even if I am, whether I'll be in public camping, but if I am I'd be happy to team up with you. I would say, though, that it's one of those festivals where you can go on your own, and easily chat to camping neighbours, and people in a crowd, without feeling awkward. Lovely bunch of people :)

Thanks for all your congratulations lovely peeps.  Youngest is scoffing his way through a box of Monty Bojangles as I write.  @Curlygirl while your scone may be more aesthetically pleasing I stand by the jam first principle.  Not that I spend any time at all admiring the delicious pile of scone+jam+cream before cramming it in my mouth! :)

18 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

He shoots, he scores!  Great result Dizzy :)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No idea where to stick this, so you lovely people get it:

Great painting.. I might put a few of mine up soon.. Am working on a project so you'll have to wait but no where near as good as that.. 

Thanks for sharing it old son 

There's a massive storm in America - which for reasons I cannot quite fathom is the main news story in England - but it's apparently very dangerous over there.

So why in the name of all that is right and proper are the news reporters standing out in it? Get indoors or evacuate like you've been told to, you silly twats!