NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

33 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Reckon beautiful days is fairly lightly for me next year ... hello to you all from a beautiful sunny Minorca 

I shall look for a jolly man in a colourful outfit if i do go!

Oooh to be in Minorca... I'm at work on nights surrounded by the smell of urine and faeces!! You enjoy ;)

9 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Now that festival I'm very interested in Mr G! At least I think that's the one... Is it in Exeter? I think I may have to go there next year. I sort of have a plan coming together... Boomtown, camp in Weymouth, then off to Beautiful days.I can justify the drive then. Problem is I don't like doing these things alone so I need to find some company! Let us know how it goes please. How was beautiful Weymouth? My favourite restaurant in the world is there, Ming Wahs. It's family run and they are just so lovely.

Hi CG,

Yeah, it's about 10 miles outside Exeter, towards Honiton. If I enjoy it this year, we may well go as a family next year, so you'd have friends to meet up with :)

Weymouth was fab. Had a bit of not dry stuff, but I'm hoping that will count as a sacrifice towards good weather this week! 

Morning all, seriously don't know what festivals to do next year, still trying to decide, but in some ways I'm a little relieved there's no Glasto next year as 2 different sets of friends have invited us away for birthdys celebrations in France and Spain and I would have had to have let them down, and that may just may have not gone down well, but this way it's a win win .... Well apart from the fact that it's gonna be wierd with no glasto :-( 

A year off from glastonbury is no bad thing in my opinion.  It takes up so much of my year and costs a fortune, and there's a world full of things to do instead that may not otherwise get much of a look in. 

Though I think with the business we're setting up, next summer is going to see very little in the way of holidays anyway, so in that respect, the timing of the fallow year is fortuitous. 

3 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

A year off from glastonbury is no bad thing in my opinion.  It takes up so much of my year and costs a fortune, and there's a world full of things to do instead that may not otherwise get much of a look in. 

Though I think with the business we're setting up, next summer is going to see very little in the way of holidays anyway, so in that respect, the timing of the fallow year is fortuitous. 

Agreed, actually allows me to get off of the hamster wheel of festival, come down, reminisce, ticket plan, ticket worry, ticket scramble, get tickets, plan, plan, plan, plan, get excited, get super excited, festival ...... now its a year to chill and take stock -- Maybe the festival takes up far too much of my thought process .... I'm looking forward to a summer next year of planning trips with non festival friends, and working out what shorter festival to do in Glastonburys place

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Agreed, actually allows me to get off of the hamster wheel of festival, come down, reminisce, ticket plan, ticket worry, ticket scramble, get tickets, plan, plan, plan, plan, get excited, get super excited, festival ...... now its a year to chill and take stock -- Maybe the festival takes up far too much of my thought process .... I'm looking forward to a summer next year of planning trips with non festival friends, and working out what shorter festival to do in Glastonburys place

Yes, it is strange yet freeing to have the fallow year and plan other things. MrsCJ has even booked things for each weekend till November to make up for lost time this year. 

19 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Great news my van is running.. So it was off to the forest last night to watch the stars.. I was a bit pissed so didn't see alot.. Only 2 shooting stars but the homebrew and wine was nice.. 

Glad to hear that about the van, Guy.

@fatyeti24, how does that customer-facing-be-nice-to-customers work? Never could get the hang of that, maybe too much Fawlty Towers in my youth.

4 hours ago, carlosj said:

Yes, it is strange yet freeing to have the fallow year and plan other things. MrsCJ has even booked things for each weekend till November to make up for lost time this year. 

Glad to hear that about the van, Guy.

@fatyeti24, how does that customer-facing-be-nice-to-customers work? Never could get the hang of that, maybe too much Fawlty Towers in my youth.

Cheers old son. Can't wait to get out again now.. Can't afford the camp sites so a bit of wild camping is in order lol

20 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Bloody cheek! But it's true! :lol:

You're going to need an out of the way swear room when you are open :-), friends have got a ski chalet which is quite open plan. They live upstairs out of the way, but have a larder in the back of the kitchen which they disappear into when they need to have a little swear and come back out smiling with the customer service face on !

They certainly have stories to tell when we go to see them lol

Dont know if this is the right place to put this but i love the fact the glastonbury chat thread just keeps going all year round even when there is no glastonbury just makes me feel like the glastonbury spirit is with me where ever i go! Off to a little festival in devon"on the road" sept 1st to 3rd! Love it when new fedtivals are born! 

8 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

You're going to need an out of the way swear room when you are open :-), friends have got a ski chalet which is quite open plan. They live upstairs out of the way, but have a larder in the back of the kitchen which they disappear into when they need to have a little swear and come back out smiling with the customer service face on !

They certainly have stories to tell when we go to see them lol

We have an apartment in the house so plenty of space to lose it and lots of hidey holes. :)

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

At the station waiting for my train to Edinburgh to see me bestie and best part she lives in town and fringe is on. Gonna try and see lots of shows. Although nothing planned. Can't wait. Love the fringe festival. 

Have a lovely time!! I've never been to Edinburgh, going to go and see the pandas though one day! I love pandas! 

On 13 August 2017 at 10:53 PM, Curlygirl said:

Now that festival I'm very interested in Mr G! At least I think that's the one... Is it in Exeter? I think I may have to go there next year. I sort of have a plan coming together... Boomtown, camp in Weymouth, then off to Beautiful days.I can justify the drive then. Problem is I don't like doing these things alone so I need to find some company! Let us know how it goes please. How was beautiful Weymouth? My favourite restaurant in the world is there, Ming Wahs. It's family run and they are just so lovely.

Hello @Curlygirl. Met you at the meet and also with the sparkly ones. Also had a nice chat with @H.M.V who let me share her sunshade. Not really been on here much but thought I'd drop in. Hope you are all ticketyboo and enjoying the wet Summer. Been to a couple of festivals and going to The Downs in Bristol beginning of September. Anyone else?  

Anyway. I live quite close to Beautiful Days and have been a few times. Nice festival, fairly small a bit Avalonish. Didn't go this year but wouldn't mind next year but also need to find someone to go with so maybe we could meet up there. It would be nice to know a few people there x

12 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I want to go to ALLLL the festivals!!!! I shall definitely be trying for Boomtown next year, I had a great time this year. Would love to get to Beautiful Days one year, but with being the weekend after BT I am not sure I will! 

I think that on next years dates, Boomtown and Beautiful Days are actually on the same weekend which is a bit of a pain.

We're away for t'Bingley festival, the local one to us although my middle step daughter's off to Leeds fest this Friday. I've no more holidays I can take for them, so will look for something next year instead.

On a tangent, I'm pulling a 'Gumby' (oo-er) and creating food, goat's cheese tonight, mmm.