NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

4 hours ago, Quark said:

Sit in the middle lane at all times.  For no other reason than there's a chance that @fatyeti24 might be behind you and it'll really wind him up.

Oh he'd just overtake them while a mental passenger rolls down the window and flicks the bird at them and their shit driving. 

• Upvote 1

On 19/07/2017 at 3:58 PM, Funkyfairy! said:

Hi CG, yes it is, for my sins. My reasonsing ..... my once a year trip back home, and friends will go that won;t do to any other festie

OK , its certainly no Glastonbury. I go to the Essex one, not the Staffordshire version. Very arena based, I think for campers there is dance music on the Friday in one of the tents, other than that its a two day festival. Music (very radio one based) and a comedy tent. Lasy year there was a new bands tent which was really good (half empty but enjoyable)

The Essex one is a varied age base, lots of day visitors as well as campers. can;t speak for what the campsites are like as I stay near to 'home' and get to see Mum  while I'm there.

We for 2 for 1 tickets this year so 89.00 for 2 days ... There are 2 big stages and then dance tents etc , easy to walk between the two,

Obviously it has a bad reputation on here (and other places ) but I've alwasy had a giggle, and thats down to the company and being with buddies and outside listening to music

I suppose think of Radio one big weekend with multiple stages lol

Thanx FF. I'd be reluctant to pay £180 for 2 days of music but 2 for 1 is reasonable. It's the first time they've done that though isn't it? Do you know what day and time do the camping areas open? It's the only fest my mate from work want to go to!

On 19/07/2017 at 6:57 PM, pilton digger said:

CG.  You could always try Beatherder, we went again this weekend and it is a quality weekend and it is also closer than Kendal for you (Sawley in Lancashire). Sean will be putting a review up soon, he is a confirmed repeat offender. A great laugh and you get gravy on your chips if you want.

The chips and gravy has sold it haha! I'll look into it thanx

We have left Cornwall. We are making our way home even though house isn't ready. Making a couple of detours on the way. Possibly via a particular party village then rossendale. House inspection happening tomorrow. 

In other news no flicking of birds has happened thus far. 

19 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

some motorway guidelines:

the inside lane is on the outside, the outside is on the inside

the inside lane is the driving lane, all other lanes are for overtaking only

drive in the middle lane when there is room to your left and you will be reserved a particularly painful place in hell, and rightly so.

The cones - don't forget the cones :(

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

We have left Cornwall. We are making our way home even though house isn't ready. Making a couple of detours on the way. Possibly via a particular party village then rossendale. House inspection happening tomorrow. 

In other news no flicking of birds has happened thus far. 

Have a safe journey. 

Despite me and the wife being massive armchair glastoers for years and years (I know) we've been the last 3 and this is the first fallow year we've encountered and i'm proper devastated about it.

We go without the kids but ordered them some t shirts the day we got back as they didn't have any sizes left when we went and they got delivered today....

Its sent me under :mellow:

1 hour ago, Stretlow said:

Despite me and the wife being massive armchair glastoers for years and years (I know) we've been the last 3 and this is the first fallow year we've encountered and i'm proper devastated about it.

We go without the kids but ordered them some t shirts the day we got back as they didn't have any sizes left when we went and they got delivered today....

I'm still under. My spare room is an absolute bomb site with festival stuff and I can't bring myself to go in and sort it. I need to pack for Kendal and I can't get in the spirit! I feel your pain. 

3 hours ago, Stretlow said:

I started going in 2010, so only experienced one previous fallow year, in '12. I guess we were lucky that year, as we found out in the spring that we were going to have a baby, so the summer was taken up with decorating and furnishing a nursery, buying clothes, pram, car seat etc, and going to prenatal classes. This year, it's far more obvious to me that I've got 2 years to wait. I've got a family camping trip and another fest next month, but I'm struggling to get excited about them.

Try to think of next year as an opportunity to try something different :)

13 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I started going in 2010, so only experienced one previous fallow year, in '12. I guess we were lucky that year, as we found out in the spring that we were going to have a baby, so the summer was taken up with decorating and furnishing a nursery, buying clothes, pram, car seat etc, and going to prenatal classes. This year, it's far more obvious to me that I've got 2 years to wait. I've got a family camping trip and another fest next month, but I'm struggling to get excited about them.

Try to think of next year as an opportunity to try something different :)

Better than that, it means being able to go to more than one festival on the same time/money budget and to take the family along too.

Beatherder, Blue Dot, Boomtown, Festival No 13, Kendal Calling. I've never been to any of these and they're all viable next year.

11 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Thanx FF. I'd be reluctant to pay £180 for 2 days of music but 2 for 1 is reasonable. It's the first time they've done that though isn't it? Do you know what day and time do the camping areas open? It's the only fest my mate from work want to go to!

I've never seen 2 for 1 before, I. Guessing there may be more deals before the festival is here. I think campsite opens Friday morning / lunchtime , and there are DJs on on Friday night