NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Woooop 

Just got pearl jam t shirt from BlackZeppelin from Australia..... Made up and gutted that we didn't get to meet up at the festival... 

Ive been in lots of pain last few days so really happy to add another t-shirt to my collection... Now got about 170 pearl jams.. Heeeeeee hee 

8 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Bloody hell, I check out for a couple of weeks and come back to find not only a new NFR thread but 17 pages in already!

Anyhoo, howzit lovelies, I've been offline for a little while, what did I miss apart from reminiscing?:)

Hellooooo!!! 

Just the usual gravy debate, also the scone debate, and I think we briefly covered the bread roll debate. 

Oh and rainbow sunglasses. Think that's about it! :)

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

Hellooooo!!! 

Just the usual gravy debate, also the scone debate, and I think we briefly covered the bread roll debate. 

And guy got a new pearl jam t shirt... Don't forget that.. Tis grand news girl xx

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

Hellooooo!!! 

Thanks Lucy, I'll have a proper catch up later next no doubt wade in with some belated opinions!:)

Hello lovelies, sorry I've been absent in this mad last week of term. Welcome back @Milky Joe, glad to hear about the new addition to the t shirt collection @guypjfreak. Rainbow glasses are awesome @stuartbert two hats and @Quark! I wish I had another whole festival lined up @lucyginger and @naughtygeorgie, but just have a day at Victorious in August.

I'm supposed to be trying to get our house into a respectable (or at least not filthy) state for some friends who may be staying while we're away in Cornwall.  I sometimes wish I was one of those people who cope with stress and anxiety by cleaning the house, but one look at our abode shows it has the opposite effect on me (and no-one else in the household can be arsed either). At some point I will learn to stop worrying about it and accept my inner sloth, or find the motivation to do something about the mess...

I have nothing further to add to the chips/scone/bread roll debate, other than this:  the Indian restaurant up the road serves an abomination called cheesy peas. This has no place in a civilised society.

@H.M.V and @fatyeti24, Cornwall's definitely worth visiting in September.  Weather's usually fine and the sea is less cold.  I love Penwith, and Sennen Cove is my absolute favourite place.  Lovely beach, and if there's no surf there there's none in Cornwall.  If you go to St Ives again it's worth parking at Lelant Saltings station and going in on the train. Fab view of the Hayle estuary from the platform too.  Porthcurno has a beautiful  beach with turquoise sea (though it can be hard to find parking near the beach) and the Minack Theatre on the clifftop above, and Kynance Cove on the Lizard has serpentine rocks and beautiful sands (hundreds of steps from the car park down to the beach though).  We like driving down the tiny lanes that lead to the coast; sometimes you find a hidden cove, like Porth Nanven where you can see that the sea level has changed, as the remnants of the old beach are 20 feet up the cliff. Hope you manage to go back for a more leisurely trip.

58 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Hello lovelies, sorry I've been absent in this mad last week of term. Welcome back @Milky Joe, glad to hear about the new addition to the t shirt collection @guypjfreak. Rainbow glasses are awesome @stuartbert two hats and @Quark! I wish I had another whole festival lined up @lucyginger and @naughtygeorgie, but just have a day at Victorious in August.

I'm supposed to be trying to get our house into a respectable (or at least not filthy) state for some friends who may be staying while we're away in Cornwall.  I sometimes wish I was one of those people who cope with stress and anxiety by cleaning the house, but one look at our abode shows it has the opposite effect on me (and no-one else in the household can be arsed either). At some point I will learn to stop worrying about it and accept my inner sloth, or find the motivation to do something about the mess...

I have nothing further to add to the chips/scone/bread roll debate, other than this:  the Indian restaurant up the road serves an abomination called cheesy peas. This has no place in a civilised society.

Embrace the mess! Who wants a tidy house anyway?! (I secretly do, but it will never happen) 

I like to think of my house as "lived in", which is the polite way of saying "a shithole". However, I do know where everything is, and I do clean it, it's just messy! It's tidal too, so sometimes things are in a different place- a bit like the beach halfway up a cliff you mention in your Cornwall post :) But I like it. It's comfy! 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

With any of the cheese dishes it depends on the restaurant.  Some of them have really over-adapted it for Western tastes, and use cheddar and all sorts to make a stupidly creamy dish.  But done properly, with big chunks of paneer and none of the melted crap, they're amazing.

Hungry now :)

1 minute ago, Quark said:

With any of the cheese dishes it depends on the restaurant.  Some of them have really over-adapted it for Western tastes, and use cheddar and all sorts to make a stupidly creamy dish.  But done properly, with big chunks of paneer and none of the melted crap, they're amazing.

Hungry now :)

Sadly no big chunks of paneer, just a creamy slurry with peas lurking in it.  Thinking about this doesn't make me in the slightest bit hungry!  But I did make fab brownies (Nigel Slater recipe) as a leaving present for a teacher this week, and the ones I didn't give away are getting more lovely by the day.  Their deliciousness does hamper their longevity though. 

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm shitting a bit, because I'm seeing Brian Wilson in Liverpool next week and I've still not been on the motorway.  It's going to be almost an extra hour if I avoid them.

I think I'll be spending the weekend whizzing around the M60 to practice!

It's worth paying for extra motorway lessons, or a Pass Plus course (which your instructor may offer).  My son did one and drove all day on motorways, plus some city driving. I think it was about £120, not bad for a whole day's driving lesson.  It can help reduce insurance costs too.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm shitting it a bit, because I'm seeing Brian Wilson in Liverpool next week and I've still not been on the motorway.  It's going to be almost an extra hour if I avoid them.

I think I'll be spending the weekend whizzing around the M60 to practice!

some motorway guidelines:

the inside lane is on the outside, the outside is on the inside

the inside lane is the driving lane, all other lanes are for overtaking only

drive in the middle lane when there is room to your left and you will be reserved a particularly painful place in hell, and rightly so.

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

some motorway guidelines:

the inside lane is on the outside, the outside is on the inside

the inside lane is the driving lane, all other lanes are for overtaking only

drive in the middle lane when there is room to your left and you will be reserved a particularly painful place in hell, and rightly so.

In a nutshell. Keep left. Oh and use your indicators.