NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Benicassim done.  I am a broken man.  4 nights hitting it at full pelt, then the Gatwick fiasco to get home yesterday.  Working this morning after, I would estimate, a total of 18 hours sleep since Wednesday.

Re-thinking my life choices right now...

Ouch. Well done! 

Insomnia is rife in our house so I sort of feel like I've done another festival, when really it's just sleep deprivation.... 

6 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Ouch. Well done! 

Insomnia is rife in our house so I sort of feel like I've done another festival, when really it's just sleep deprivation.... 

All the shite, none of the fun :(

Discovered my inner raver this weekend, @bennyhana22 would have been proud of me.  Dished out 50 odd pairs of those glasses (thanks for the link @stuartbert two hats) to any number of absolutely spandangled people, myself included.

• Upvote 1

Good effort Mark. Hope you recover quickly. 

We're on the way to lands end and himself is driving. Which means i can take the piss. One yeti like person only this morning realised the Glastonbury water bottle is a small milk churn. Lol. :D

30 minutes ago, Quark said:

All the shite, none of the fun :(

Discovered my inner raver this weekend, @bennyhana22 would have been proud of me.  Dished out 50 odd pairs of those glasses (thanks for the link @stuartbert two hats) to any number of absolutely spandangled people, myself included.

Something like that! 

Woo for inner raver and glasses! :)

8 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Good effort Mark. Hope you recover quickly. 

We're on the way to lands end and himself is driving. Which means i can take the piss. One yeti like person only this morning realised the Glastonbury water bottle is a small milk churn. Lol. :D

Oh I am very jealous, I love West Cornwall. If you get chance, pop over to St Michael's Mount, it's especially good if you can walk over the causeway while the tide is out :) There's also loads of standing stones, and a couple of stone circles around that way that are good for a visit, if you like that sort of thing! 

7 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Morning :bye:

I'm a bit broken :sclerosis:  

Latitude was fabulous.

I'm going back to bed now.

Well done too! Have a nice sleep :) 

16 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Morning :bye:

I'm a bit broken :sclerosis:  

Latitude was fabulous.

I'm going back to bed now.

And high five to you as well lady for your efforts. 

Cheers @lucyginger will deffo look those up. Hoping to check out St Ives for lunch after lands end. We did Tintagel and Padstow yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

And high five to you as well lady for your efforts. 

Cheers @lucyginger will deffo look those up. Hoping to check out St Ives for lunch after lands end. We did Tintagel and Padstow yesterday. 

St Ives is beautiful! The whole "end" section of Cornwall between Marazion (opposite St Michael's Mount) and St Ives is gorgeous. Also, Lamorna Cove is a nice spot for an ice cream, you can drive all the way down to the sea :) 

30 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

St Ives is beautiful! The whole "end" section of Cornwall between Marazion (opposite St Michael's Mount) and St Ives is gorgeous. Also, Lamorna Cove is a nice spot for an ice cream, you can drive all the way down to the sea :) 

ssssh - don't tell everybody ;)

That area is known as Penwith. I much prefer Cape Cornwall to Land's End

HMV - take the B3306 from Sennen to St Ives if you can it  goes along the coast with  plenty of places to stop for the scenery, the Crown mines at Botallack are a nice spot to stop (aka Poldark cliff mines) ( bit grey today though :( )

I much prefer Cape Cornwall to Land's End

2 minutes ago, cornish hick said:

HMV - take the B3306 from Sennen to St Ives if you can it  goes along the coast with  plenty of places to stop for the scenery, the Crown mines at Botallack are a nice spot to stop (aka Poldark cliff mines) ( bit grey today though :( )

Is Cape Cornwall Godrevy way? 

Oh the B3306 is a beautiful drive!! I love LOVE the old mines. Love them. 

Right holiday in Cornwall next year for me, it's been 3 years and I think I'm having withdrawals. 

2 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Is Cape Cornwall Godrevy way? 

Oh the B3306 is a beautiful drive!! I love LOVE the old mines. Love them. 

Right holiday in Cornwall next year for me, it's been 3 years and I think I'm having withdrawals. 

No Cape Cornwall is the headland by St Just  -  north of Land's End

I love Godrevy :)

2 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Just spotted the B3306. Thanks for the tip. Will report back when we get to st ives. Still not at lands end. Minutes away. Stupid traffic

Long stank from Marhamchurch to Land's End!! Busy traffic season not started yet :(

8 hours ago, cornish hick said:

Cheers, I'll see how MrsCJ feels after the op, but will give her the Poldarkfest when we come down next month. I'm practicing scything and having a glint in my eye whilst galloping on the cliffs. With the latter, people have started asking if I've got dust in my eye, so I need practice.

Guys and guyesses, the blues are hitting me hard! Normally the trip to Spain sorts me right out but this year it hasn't worked. Been back to work for a week now. I'm at Kendal next week and I can't get excited. I need more festivals in my life. @Funkyfairy! was it you that's been to v? I'm not bothered by it but my friends are and I need another fest for the fallow. Everywhere else is just too far away. Can you give any advice? When does it open? 

OMFG, meant to say that road was awesome. St Ives was lovely but waaaay too fucking busy. Couldn't get to eat anywhere and we ended up getting sand blasted as well when the winds picked up. Ended up stopping at Sainsbury's and going back to the cottage, 8pm before I got food in my belly. Hangry! Would like to go back in late autumn without the dogs and check it out. 

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

OMFG, meant to say that road was awesome. St Ives was lovely but waaaay too fucking busy. Couldn't get to eat anywhere and we ended up getting sand blasted as well when the winds picked up. Ended up stopping at Sainsbury's and going back to the cottage, 8pm before I got food in my belly. Hangry! Would like to go back in late autumn without the dogs and check it out. 

My favourite time to visit Cornwall is mid October. Everything is winding down for the winter, but things are still open. Plus it's not as busy and there's no children! :)

Glad you're enjoying it, even if you did have a late dinner! 

3 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

My favourite time to visit Cornwall is mid October. Everything is winding down for the winter, but things are still open. Plus it's not as busy and there's no children! :)

Glad you're enjoying it, even if you did have a late dinner! 

Sounds ideal but we'll be busy running our own by then. What's it like late September?

18 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Guys and guyesses, the blues are hitting me hard! Normally the trip to Spain sorts me right out but this year it hasn't worked. Been back to work for a week now. I'm at Kendal next week and I can't get excited. I need more festivals in my life. @Funkyfairy! was it you that's been to v? I'm not bothered by it but my friends are and I need another fest for the fallow. Everywhere else is just too far away. Can you give any advice? When does it open? 

Hi CG, yes it is, for my sins. My reasonsing ..... my once a year trip back home, and friends will go that won;t do to any other festie

OK , its certainly no Glastonbury. I go to the Essex one, not the Staffordshire version. Very arena based, I think for campers there is dance music on the Friday in one of the tents, other than that its a two day festival. Music (very radio one based) and a comedy tent. Lasy year there was a new bands tent which was really good (half empty but enjoyable)

The Essex one is a varied age base, lots of day visitors as well as campers. can;t speak for what the campsites are like as I stay near to 'home' and get to see Mum  while I'm there.

We for 2 for 1 tickets this year so 89.00 for 2 days ... There are 2 big stages and then dance tents etc , easy to walk between the two,

Obviously it has a bad reputation on here (and other places ) but I've alwasy had a giggle, and thats down to the company and being with buddies and outside listening to music

I suppose think of Radio one big weekend with multiple stages lol

2 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Helloooo:bye:

I was wondering if you Cornish dwellers had survived the night, looks like noone was washed out to sea :)

It's muggy as mug can be here in the middle, a slight warm dr*zzle in the air but no st*rms...there may have been th*nder & l*ghtening in the night but I was out for the count so no idea!

I'm back at work tomorrow boo hiss next festival fun not until Sept for Bestival but I had news yesterday that some very good friends also booked to go so I'll be dancing in fields with old friends woop

@Curlygirl tickets still available if your festival needs are still not fully met.. tis a long way for you though.

Still washing festival attire and cleaning the bus...house is full of sequins & sparkles drying...and the glitter is everywhere, no matter how many times I vacuum :D

Hope everyone if having a wonderful Wednesday :)

OOO i may need a september festival so see me through the winter

Bit gutted as there is Bestival Bali this year and we arrive on its last day. If I'd know I would have booked flights for 2 days earlier and gone there - now that would have been fun :-)