NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

12 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

So Bovril is dairy?

5 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I have no words ....

I was going to let this go but, you know...

Dairy - 

ADJECTIVE

• 1 [attributive] Containing or made from milk.

‘local dairy foods’
    1.1 Concerned with the production of milk.
Bovril (according to Wikipedia) - the trademarked name of a thick, salty meat extract.

Seriously, that's the definition.

Edited by Quark

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

Is someone saying curry and jam on a scone? What happened?

Anyway, clotted cream always goes last on a scone as it is the least viscous :)

Hi Dave, no, sorry, it would be curry, then scone and jam but with no cream.

2 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

So Bovril is dairy?

Bovril contains an alarming variety of substances originating in cows, though almost certainly not milk.

What happened? I come back expecting tumbleweed to find the cream wars have started again. I have to confess I bought a can of the squirty stuff today, but that's a whole other story.

8 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Bovril contains an alarming variety of substances originating in cows, though almost certainly not milk.

What happened? I come back expecting tumbleweed to find the cream wars have started again. I have to confess I bought a can of the squirty stuff today, but that's a whole other story.

Squirty stuff should be illegal, wrong on so many levels. Scone then cream then jam otherwise the massive dollop of cream slides off the jam. 

I'm home after being away for 4 weeks and although I'm very much looking forward to my very comfortable bed, I'm not looking forward to my 12 hour shift tomorrow! So I'm not thinking about it and having a large cherry bakewell whilst seriously considering a tattoo on my right inner wrist of the pyramid. Im thinking taken directly from my Stanley Donwood print from last year. With tents, people and flags. But no colour or swirls. What do you think? 

BA6B06E5-CACC-406E-88B7-F2B6202A4DA2.jpg

5 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Squirty stuff should be illegal, wrong on so many levels. Scone then cream then jam otherwise the massive dollop of cream slides off the jam. 

I'm home after being away for 4 weeks and although I'm very much looking forward to my very comfortable bed, I'm not looking forward to my 12 hour shift tomorrow! So I'm not thinking about it and having a large cherry bakewell whilst seriously considering a tattoo on my right inner wrist of the pyramid. Im thinking taken directly from my Stanley Donwood print from last year. With tents, people and flags. But no colour or swirls. What do you think? 

BA6B06E5-CACC-406E-88B7-F2B6202A4DA2.jpg

How do you make cherry bakewell vodka? Or is it Gin?

Just now, Curlygirl said:

Equal measures of vodka, amaretto and cherry brandy. It's very lovely! 

Ah, I will be making this it sounds great. I was trying to envisage stuffing a load of cherry bakewells into a bottle of vodka, leaving for a few weeks, then passing it through a filter and thinking, nah that can't be right!

Just now, Dave_c said:

Ah, I will be making this it sounds great. I was trying to envisage stuffing a load of cherry bakewells into a bottle of vodka, leaving for a few weeks, then passing it through a filter and thinking, nah that can't be right!

Many people have thought the same! It really does taste like a Bakewell tart! 

8 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

donwBA6B06E5-CACC-406E-88B7-F2B6202A4DA2.jpg

Sounds pretty cool.  Adding the tents and Donwood swirls should prevent it looking like a freemasons symbol!

Just now, dizzymoo said:

Sounds pretty cool.  Adding the tents and Donwood swirls should prevent it looking like a freemasons symbol!

I was going to leave the swirls out as I wouldn't know when to stop, or maybe I could do the swirls as any good tattooist could fade them out? I'm going to be wearing this for the rest of my life so I need it to be perfect. 

14 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I was going to leave the swirls out as I wouldn't know when to stop, or maybe I could do the swirls as any good tattooist could fade them out? I'm going to be wearing this for the rest of my life so I need it to be perfect. 

How about the sun rays from this year's design? If you give a copy of the poster to the tatooist they should be able to sketch out and agree a design with you.

1 hour ago, dizzymoo said:

What happened? I come back expecting tumbleweed to find the cream wars have started again.

Blame @H.M.V. Stirring trouble up...

58 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Equal measures of vodka, amaretto and cherry brandy. It's very lethal

Fixed that for you CG :P

• Upvote 1

mmmmmmm currryyyyyyyy

my Boomtown diet needs to start now. So I can dance for ages without passing out! 

In other news, I'm watching The Jacksons on iplayer, were they good in real life? I was going to see them but had a panic attack that afternoon so ended up at the Foo's instead with lovely @Wellyboot. Foo's were good! 

6 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

mmmmmmm currryyyyyyyy

my Boomtown diet needs to start now. So I can dance for ages without passing out! 

In other news, I'm watching The Jacksons on iplayer, were they good in real life? I was going to see them but had a panic attack that afternoon so ended up at the Foo's instead with lovely @Wellyboot. Foo's were good! 

Didn't realise that Lucy, glad Welly was there with you!  Hope it didn't cause you too many problems :friends:

Bloody hell, you lot! Where to start??

Cream before jam

Carribbean goat curry before any of the other options suggested

Cherry bakewell is indeed lovely, almost as lovely as @Curlygirl herself

@lucyginger, sorry to hear you had a bad time on Saturday, hope it didn't spoil it for you.

I've spent today gathering together bits and bobs for our next camping trip, down near Weymouth in a few weeks, and Beautiful Days, the week after. Not much to buy apart from food and drinks, thankfully! :)

Choir has stopped for the summer, but my bestie and I are continuing the going for a drink part of choir on Monday nights, because someone has to.  I am just back from the pub. 

Jam before cream;  butter not needed with all that dairy.

I like a goat curry but am really not fussed which curry as long as it's not a korma and isn't on my scone.

@Curlygirl's cherry bakewell is far more delicous than the tart of the same name.

@lucyginger sorry you were struggling on the Saturday. I'm lucky enough never to have had a panic attack but some of the crowd crushes this year were downright alarming.  How did your choir thingy go by the way?

Not the scone debacle again!

Scone. Then Jam. Then Cream. 

The thickness of the cream you dollop on top is directly proportional to the thickness of the scone itself. I like a percentage of around 60-70% of the thickness of the scone to be cream.

Here's a fun joke for you all...

What's the fastest dessert?

....you guessed it, SCONE!