NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

9 minutes ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

NFRNFC !!!! Almost but not quite :) 

Sorry but the r*** came at the correct time. Enough for a lie in and keep dust down. Perfect weather. Better shoes would have made a difference for that hard rocky terrain. :D

• Upvote 1

Hi Guys! @Funkyfairy! we were camped near the jp stage and it was Friday so yes it would've been me you spotted. You should've interrupted me! It was a fab day meeting Lauren Laverne. 

I feel fully recovered emotionally from Glasto but my knees and back are blooming killing me. I've done 50 laps around the pool today as well as water jogged for 50 laps to try to strengthen the muscles. 

I made my first sacrifice to the weather gods yesterday upon arrival! I was dressed in a light summery dress and the heavens opened. I couldn't believe it. Only light sh**ers at Glasto but full on big fat r*%n dr*ps in Spain. I thanked the gods profusely!! 

@naughtygeorgie when I come home from Spain I have 2 weeks at work then I go to Kendal Calling. I can't wait. If anyone is thinking of going to Kendal there's a ticket resale inn Friday at 10am

Hello! still on a post glasto high, although my body Is protesting, aching hips and back, I am not getting any younger.  Makes me laugh when you see some of the youngsters elsewhere on this forum saying they may be too old for Glastonbury because they are nearly 30.  Still on board with the NFR mantra - event though the dust was horrid and the r**n did come at the right time would still have preferred it not to be there at all - although the cloud cover Thursday onwards was definitely welcome - maybe NFR NFC (but a bit of cloud is ok)

9 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

*waves* :bye:

Can't seem to get moving... bed is far too comfy this week.

You're not joking! I can barely manage to get the 7yr old to school, then pop cbeebies on for the terrible two to keep them quiet. Really in need of more than just a disco nap this time round!

3 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I got up the last 2 days and did the chores,  washing & campervan all done but today there just seems no reason to actually get out of bed... I should go to the gym, that always perks me up..  full respect to anyone having to deal with children (ever :) but especially this week)

Dotty it was lovely to meet you briefly last week :) the dust was a bit dusty but it was definitely preferable to last years m*d fest!  OH did have to use his inhalers a lot more than normal and I'm sure that was due to dust.  The shit I washed out of my hair Monday must also have been dust.  

Ra*n stopped play for us a bit Friday night as OH had left his jacket in the van and we couldn't risk him getting a damp chest (previous bout of pneumonia) 

So I'm in full agreement with NFR NFC (with a touch of cloud cover thank you please :) )

Lovely to meet you too Georgie

28 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Love the new avatar Jeffie, the previous one scared me, I had images of you running around the festival with a blood soaked bat called Lucile bashing innocents over the head...

My mother dressed me as Paddington bear for the queens silver jubilee, it was the hottest summer for years and my lovely mom had me dressed in a duffle coat with a briefcase full of marmalade sandwiches :)

I'm a peaceful chappie, but you can never take a chance on the zombies!

Bet you were popular with the wasps.....

I wasn't at the meet long ... probably about 1hr 30mins ... back was giving me grief so sat down just inside the tent for quite a bit was also with my friend who isn't on here ... he was amazed at the mixed age ranges .. maybe I can get him to sign up ... far better than that Glasto chat shit !! 

Any thoughts on stand ins for next year?

I've got as far as looking at:

2000 Trees - possible 

Truck - rejected, due to bad beer policy

Shambala - rejected, think it's not for me.

Beautiful Days - possible but a heck of a trek.

Bearded Theory - rejected, it's in May!

2 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

My mother dressed me as Paddington bear for the queens silver jubilee, it was the hottest summer for years and my lovely mom had me dressed in a duffle coat with a briefcase full of marmalade sandwiches :)

Until I saw the jubilee reference, I had the image your mum dressed you like that every day :P

@jeffie, yes, I'm thinking of a shorter festival to try, preferably in t'North. Deer Shed? Beatherder? Any thoughts anyone?

Hey all. I'm still desperately thinking of a fest for next year. I go to Kendal Calling anyway so I want something else. It has to be at least 4 days, can be as far as Glasto but not further, have to be able to get the bus, mixed genres, and night time fun. Basically I want Glastonbury but in a different festival. I've researched all day and can't find anything suitable. 

Hi Crazyfool and Wondermum! Crazy my back was also fooked mate! My friend Emma loved spending time with you! And Wondermum... my hat is off to you! No way could I look after children this week! 

32 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

I've been researching ultra-light goretex jackets. Expensive, but a worthwhile ritual sacrifice. I want my 2019 kit to be as light as humanly possible. It'll cost, but a sacrifice I'm willing to make to appease the weather gods. 

Good call Union! I got a lightweight foldable 100% r**nproof pacamac this year instead of my usual disposable r**n ponchos and thank fuck it hardly r**ned as I was as sweaty as a sweaty bollock within 2 minutes of putting it on! So if you find a foldable 100% r**nproof lightweight gortex jacket, let me know. Thanx in advance ;)

Haven't thought about next year yet either. Although my girlfriends sister is off to a festival in Madrid called Mad Cool next week. Lineup looks very good so may consider that next year!

Hopefully can bring the Madrid sunshine back for 2019! :sungum:

I want to go to Wimbledon as something completely different. Will feel a bit like Glasters cos tickets are really hard to get. 

Not sure about music festival just yet. Primavera is tempting. Barcelona and music. All good.

Morning all, was wondering when the new NFR thread would start!

Apologies for not making the meet, I was stuck in a massive crowd outside the Stonebridge Bar at 3pm on the Thursday, shame as I would have loved to meet all of you.

Starting to feel nearly normal again, although was in a shop on Wenesday that was playing good music and started bopping around, before my other half reminded me that we're no longer at Glasto :rofl:

What an absolute stonker of a festival this year, a vintage year for sure.