What do we do now!!??

Matt42

2 years is a good amount of time for me to make some good life changes ... then Glastonbury won't be quite such a highlight ... it will still be good fun but will be doing better things with my life the rest of the time ... and if we get this big band reforming it might only be a year so hold out a small bit of hope for that 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Off on holiday in the sun tomorrow - am not packed. Should be excited but struggling for motivation. Gone the other way to some and want no people around and no noise. Said this would be my last one anyway, so for me the break has come at the right time so can try something new, will see what I feel like come Oct 2018. Had a great time but kids will be too old to get in free and not going solo again. A friend wants to go but never got herself sorted this year, so maybe she'll get sorted in time!

21 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

2 years is a good amount of time for me to make some good life changes ... then Glastonbury won't be quite such a highlight ... it will still be good fun but will be doing better things with my life the rest of the time ... and if we get this big band reforming it might only be a year so hold out a small bit of hope for that 

Huh what's this?

1 hour ago, mattrik3 said:

I'm supposed to be going to Kendal Calling and Boomtown this year but I'm seriously considering sacking them off because I know they won't compare 

They're both great festivals - and Boomtown is better, albeit rather different so I suppose just better if it is your sorta thing. KC is meant to be lovely for size/atmosphere..... really Glasto's amazing for it's scale and all but it is far from the be-all and end-all of festivals - it's bloody lovely going somewhere smaller and less crowded and not ending up knackered just from walking around so you have all your energy for bounce.

You'll be fine :)

Moving to Melbourne probably permanently from early next year so ending this years festival felt especially difficult. Had it been like last years with the fairly weak line up and terrible conditions I could have drawn a line under it (though glad I didn't given this year)...

Not sure when I'll come again - I lived down under between 2012-2014 but still came to 2013 as coincided it with a visit to family. Now my niece and nephew are in school which doesn't break up til a fair bit later in July and so that'd be a much better time for family time. Hopefully can still come once every 5 years or so. 

They key is to give yourself things to look forward to, I have serious blues, been to 22 full festivals now and this made my top 3 along with Reading 2005 and Glasto 2010. This weekend was practically perfect.

I'm seeing Blood Red Shoes in Hackney tomorrow night and looking into visiting Paris in July. I also graduate from my MA in September so there are things to keep me going. Next year I'm sure I'll try a new festival and have a nice holiday, by September it comes full circle and the hunt for 2019 tickets begins.

10 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Eavis said the fallow may not happen if a big band reforms 

Speculation was oasis / led zep

Hopefully oasis don't. c**ts...just my opinion like

My favoured option would be the smiths

After reading Johnny Marr's autobiography, I would not rule out a smiths reunion at some point. There seems to be no issues at all between Moz and Johnny. I would rule out them ever playing Glastonbury though.

Efests needs to support my Depeche Mode to headline campaign now Radiohead are out the way.

I hadn't been back since 2011, and since then I've done a fair few other festivals to the extent that I'd almost kind of disregarded Glastonbury (somehow!?). If anyone asked I'd say Glasto was obviously the best because of it's size and prestige, but that I'd had just as much fun at other festivals.

What a lie that turned out to be! I've just had the most absolutely unreal weekend - perfect weather, perfect acts, perfect group I camped with. Found myself in the temple at 7pm on the Thursday after an afternoon in Elrow thinking "this is already better than anywhere else I've been since 2011".

I'm dreading seeing any of my friends that didn't go cause they just won't...get it.  

The thought that there is now a fallow year is absolutely crushing. Regardless of your opinion on him, Corbyn on the Pyramid stage made me feel like the festival was more culturally relevant than ever, where else can you have 100,000 people engaged politically in one place like that? It felt like the first time since 2010 that the Tories were actually getting a big middle finger, and I wish the festival was around next year to keep driving that engagement and message.

The fact that Eavis could seemingly cancel the fallow year if he wanted is so gutting; why wait for a specific band, people need these spaces! I know it's such a giant undertaking and the team/land needs a break but I just can't accept that it's not on next year! Someone write Mike a letter

Edited by Zacko

Horrible blues for me too...I'm off to Ibiza Rocks next weekend though so thinking of that is kind of helping, but after that it'll be a big crash down to earth I imagine!

I'm also watching The xx's set for the 3rd time and it's still as perfect as it was on Friday. Not sure this is helping!

Edited by rpfranks

11 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I went back to work today. I am sick to death of hearing "why didn't you watch Ed Sheeran? He is amazing!" and "Never heard of Royal Blood"

Lots to look forward to, though, and having an actual bed is a bonus!

Oh my god I have had this over and over, from everyone. Driving me nuts

I'm actually OK, can;t get my head around a 2 year wait - but need to take a month at a time, and not look long term

Back home again, but flying off the rock this weekend to take Mum to see Adele (she's gonna love it and it'll be lovely yo see her having fun), then back here, then off again the following weekend to see Killers in Hyde Park and the Pink Floyd exhibition at the V&A

Then it's another few local festivals and gigs and then onto an October holiday to see my new nephew in Bali, then onto skiing in January

Next June is a great friends big birthday - 6 of us going over in a minibus for a week so in some way the fallow year has landed well for me

Real life is never the same as Glastonbury but this year I am trying my hardest to keep the same attititude and positivety :-)

Wonder if I can wear face paint and sparkles around the supermarket at the weekend :-)

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Feel like absolute shit. Back at home where none of my friends live anymore. Missing everyone I went to Glasto with and friends I met there. Back to my dull af job tomorrow for a 10 hour shift. No Glasto for two years. Keep talking to Glasto friends who I only meet up with when I'm there and who I'm missing loads and know I probably won't see for two years. Every time a song from the festival comes into my head I want to cry. Checked my bank balance last night and realised I'm absolutely fucked and can't spend another penny before September so I can't do anything nice to ease the shitty feelings or even travel to see any friends. Got asked to play 5 a side tonight by my old boss but I'm so sunburnt and emotional I think I'd actually keel over in tears if something touched me.

Even the thought of seeing Radiohead next week is just making me think about how much I miss Glastonbury :(

This post feels like an exaggeration but it's honestly how I'm feeling right now. Absolutely cba with everything. Think I'm gonna go to Tesco to be around people/noise.

I feel really shitty too.

My Glast family live all about the country and I wont get to see them for another 2 years as well. Feeling yer pain xx

All these comments making me feel a bit better!

I might be going to Berlin for a weekend in July, but at the moment the prospect of partying seems a bit heavy

I feel like I honestly need to sit in a field somewhere - difficult in London.

But we'l be alright, we always are :D

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Okay so the blues have fully hit me today

Radiohead have headlined the Pyramid again, something I thought I never was going to see at one point

There is no festival next year, I am back to work today so it's back to reality.
The festival illness is creeping in...
A sudden realisation that there are very few bands left on my list of favourites I'm yet to see... and I have no idea where my life is gonna be in 2019, I'll have graduated and the blanket of University will be gone.

I don't even know if there's a 'Radiohead' type act i'm dying for to play in the future... seems all too much like an end of an era! I'm gonna have to jump onto the led zeppelin or floyd reunion bandwagon I think...

Anyone else like me feeling a bit lost after this festival? Moreso than any other years? 

I agree with the lack of must sees now as seen the vast majority if not all the bands i've always wanted to see. Strange position to be in, as when i was younger never really saw it coming. 

Just read the rest of this thread and although I do understand everyone is feeling low (as am I) it will get better and there is a beautiful world out there and some amazing places to visit. I know i spent best part of 800 quid for glastonbury everything included - that could take you to some excellent and fun places around europe all with great people to meet (particuarly if you stay in hostels). Take that opportunity next year! 

7 minutes ago, Tyonks said:

Just read the rest of this thread and although I do understand everyone is feeling low (as am I) it will get better and there is a beautiful world out there and some amazing places to visit. I know i spent best part of 800 quid for glastonbury everything included - that could take you to some excellent and fun places around europe all with great people to meet (particuarly if you stay in hostels). Take that opportunity next year! 

Preach it! Glastonbury is great and all, but it isn't the be all and end all.  Get out there and do stuff!

Besides, two years is plenty enough time to write a viral hit and get halfway up the John Peel billing.