• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, ramragon said:

About time we put some sort of plan in place for the 2017 meet up,  it's usually a Thursday but I'm easy pleased to go with the majority. 

Thoughts ? 

Ahhhh good idea :-)

Im not there on Thursday this year but available other days.

Was it not noon on the Saturday last year ?

Not sure what day it was but I remember I was ruff !

10 minutes ago, ramragon said:

Did you not wanna make it before the colonel hotpot and the Dijon 5 ? 

The field might be too busy. I'll go with the majority:-)

The traditional real ale tent would be my choice. 

The Mustard Meet could be a separate event. If it's happening I will of course invite Colonel John Thomas Mustard and the djancer as well as the rest of the yellow movement.

10 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

The field might be too busy. I'll go with the majority:-)

The traditional real ale tent would be my choice. 

The Mustard Meet could be a separate event. If it's happening I will of course invite Colonel John Thomas Mustard and the djancer as well as the rest of the yellow movement.

Are not the Colonel Mootard Teletubbies opening the Saturday (is this confirmed and is it Main Stage or Tiny Tim Peaks?)? If so the bar won't be open before hand.

Saturday good for us though, 'Old' Real Ale Tent straight after the Mootards set finished perhaps? frankly I'll there whenever/ wherever the call is made!

9 minutes ago, ramragon said:

Probably get twice as many people going then ! 

I'll get some leaflets printed out with your mug on in case anyone who wants to left hook you bumps into you round the site. 

ha ha lets see if you end up there first 12 noon seems rather early for a guy who's not on site and got the family to keep happy !!!! I think 7:30 pm more achievable for you mate ha 

We're on lowther caravan site, there's a path through the woods to the festival cos it's on the same land.

The family are staying there and im just heading in daily, was debating staying at the festival however the lure of hot queue free showers, a good night's sleep and a decent shop won !

21 hours ago, ramragon said:

Is there such a thing as a 'yellow movement' ! 

Colonel Mustard & The Dijon 5 Spur Yellow Movement

Tab width  

Over the past year, there’s been an indelible smear of yellow across music venues, summer festivals, industry conventions, PledgeMusic campaigns and even Scottish wrestling federations. Colonel Mustard & The Dijon 5 have been spreading their unconventional brand of mashed-up musical mayhem to the point that even the delegates at Liverpool Sound City had to stand and take notice. We asked Barney to hook up with Colonel John Thomas Mustard himself to open the lid and get a scoop – or at least a spoonful – of the Yellow Movement.

Pledge: Firstly, a brief background on the madcap world Colonel Mustard & The Dijon 5! Where and when did you lunatics meet and how did the project get off the ground?

Colonel Mustard: We are all mainly based in and around Glasgow -- the central vortex of the Dijonverse -- but each of us have our own individual tale of how we came to be in the Dijon 5. I was running a sanctuary for unwanted mustard and, after accidentally ingesting five different varieties of mustard, I came to be the Colonel, in all my grandiose splendour. I knew it was my mission to spread positivity and Yellowness throughout the world like a Mustard Messiah!

Pledge: What on earth is the Yellow Movement and who could possibly be the 6th Dijon?

Colonel Mustard: The Yellow Movement is a combination of some of the best bands and friends in Scotland coming together, helping and supporting one another, and making the collective stronger and greater than the individual parts. A lot of us wear yellow, as it’s the colour of the sun and happiness. We all aim to spread positive vibes and happy feelings wherever we go.

The sixth Dijon are our friends who watch us and are basically an extension of the band. When we play, we want them to go home knowing they’ve been a part of something special. Most of them end up becoming close friends, as the barriers between band and audience are completely broken down. That shared experience is something we aim for at every gig. Just by reading this you are part of the Yellow Movement -- there’s no going back!

12 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

Sunday 1 ish at the top (near Tim Peaks) real ale tent, we won't be at risk of hearing any bile emitting from the Main Stage!

Hold on a minute !!!!!!!!! Dont mislead people like that !!!!!

i was in emperor  2 waiting for the cnumbty's to arrive at there tent for a couple of cheap tins before heading to the arena on saturday afternoon last year !!!!!! and i kid you not i could here the bloody hotpots ! Uptown funk with words changed to ,dont forget the red sauce ! horrendous experience !!!!!! When cnumb finally got back to his tent i said was that the hotpots he replied "yeah mate we were down the front what a show " fair to say ive not really spoke to him since !

Edited by LOCHLAND5