The Good People

DeadAmos

Seen a couple of threads about T**ts and C**ts at the festival

so lets have some balance , post here about the good deeds from strangers you saw or recivied

I'll start with the lady driving through VG4 Sunday morning, who returned with a bacon buttie for me because I was looking so rough after a late night watching the Foos

12 year old daughter lost her phone rolling down the hill by the Glastonbury sign as you do after midnight.

Only realised later and she was in tears because of all the pics etc.

Phoned it and met a nice young man in the stone circle who gave it back.

Slipped him £20 for a drink.

A special moment. 

Me pal was a state at rag n bone man, sat on the floor puking into a cup, people around us were so nice and helpful. Giving us wet wipes, stuffs to help her. Lovely people.

My camping neighbour who provided me with a knife (I hadn't brought mine after reading the security tales on Tuesday night) so I could cut up the lime I'd brought along for my rum. Top chap.

The lads who asked me for a light after Foos, and after walking away I realised they'd stuck a couple of fags behind my ears as a thank you.

The bouncer at the rabbit hole on the Friday was great!

Was up there buying a replacement recycled Glastonbury keyring from the smelting place for my 9 year old (she'd lost the first one), and wandered over to show her the people crawling through the entrance, The bouncer just said do you want to take him in (she dresses like a boy and had a woollen donkey hat on, so easy mistake to make), obviously said yes, and he stopped the queue, moved the barriers and let us straight in!

I said to him that the missus would be jealous, and he said to send her up with my daughter and he let her in too!

Was just inside the tent for the killers at JP despite the crush and the nobs it attrackted stood next to some lovely friendly people who let me go behind them and helped me up on the barrier for the mixing desk so I could see. It might not sound like much but in that mass off people it meant I could actually see rather than standing on tiptoes and I've wanted to see the killers for years :)

40 minutes ago, Quark said:

My camping neighbour who provided me with a knife (I hadn't brought mine after reading the security tales on Tuesday night) so I could cut up the lime I'd brought along for my rum. Top chap.

The lads who asked me for a light after Foos, and after walking away I realised they'd stuck a couple of fags behind my ears as a thank you.

There you are!

Shouting "Quark? QUARK?!" in the longdrops every time got me some weird looks on exiting. 

Cracking myself up as I did got even more!

Leaving the JP tent after frank carter and before the killers when it was rammed. Could not get out of tent due to everyone coming in the tent meaning there was no thouroughfare getting out and I felt very agitated. But one chap took the lead and created a space for me and the mrs to get out which, even though only a small gesture, I was very appreciative. Only wish more people would do it would resolve alot of issues with crushes!

Lovely seeing the good side of people. Only a small gesture but my girlfriend was being sick after drinking one too many on Saturday night and within seconds of her doing so a lovely girl ran over with a whole roll of tissue paper for her. Any other festival and people would've just walked past tutting or shouting for the #banter.

Also my good dead, chap in the carpark Monday morning exiting came over to ask if I had jump leads, lent them to him. Then he came back after his driver stalled the car whilst driving up the hill. Asked if I'd follow up in my car to jump him but as I drove to the bottom of my section security wouldn't let me up the one way road - He probably saw me at the top of the field driving off :lol: I ran back and gave him the jump leads as I wanted to get off site. Hopefully he wasn't waiting too long for someone else to jump start him.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

That story is so much funnier looking at your avatar. 

9 hours ago, H.M.V said:

That story is so much funnier looking at your avatar. 

Ok, so it was actually a pack of 20 behind each ear :)

9 hours ago, Woffy said:

There you are!

Shouting "Quark? QUARK?!" in the longdrops every time got me some weird looks on exiting. 

Cracking myself up as I did got even more!

"The first transport is away" was probably equally confusing for my longdrop neighbours!

I met so many genuinely lovely people over the week. I spent quite a bit of time on my own until friends arrived Weds/Thurs but was never short of people to chat to. Everyone I met on my shifts for Fest Staff along with all the Oxfam volunteers and the security staff were spot on and we all helped each other get through shifts, especially the night shift weds/thurs.

Lots. This calls for bullet points:

• The woman who watched me struggling with my pop-up tent on Monday morning, then came over to offer another pair of hands to get the bloody thing nice and circular like the video, until it finally went back in its bag.
  • Whoever it was that made good use of the name/number tag on my mates bag to ring him and and return his day bag on Friday morning.
  • The angel who left handwash at the Paines taps on Monday morning, just when it was needed the most.
  • The many people who told me the best way to do a high five was to look at the elbow.
  • The fire brigade, spraying the cold water that stopped my incoming sunstroke dead in its tracks!

I was pushing my sister in a wheelchair for the weekend, so thanks to everyone that lent a hand pushing up a few of the steeper slopes. Especially to a couple of fellas to and from the Acoustic Saturday evening for Corinne Bailey Rae, was really a great help as my hands were cramping at that point. Also the stewards at the tent were really helpful making a path along the grass for us after I'd pushed her round to the wrong side of the tent. 

If you made any any attempts to help people in wheelchairs over the course of the weekend, or even just do the (apparently not) obvious thing of leaving a bit more space in front of a wheelchair moving along the tracks, big up yourself. It just made the situation a bit less stressful, definitely went appreciated :)