Which Fest next?

mrfunk

On 02/07/2017 at 8:19 PM, TheNewUnion said:

I've been looking at Deer Shed. Plus Pukkelpop in Belgium. Looked like there's plenty down Dorset but probably a bit far for me. Cornbury and Latitude look good but bit posh for me I think. 

Cornbury used to be a great festival, haven't been for a few years but I found it to be a really chilled out affair 

4 hours ago, babyblade41 said:

Cornbury used to be a great festival, haven't been for a few years but I found it to be a really chilled out affair 

I'd definitely favour chilled. The "bantz" approach to festivals doesn't float my boat, civilised is the watch word next year. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/07/2017 at 11:54 PM, BlueDaze said:

Latitude....

looking forward to Sylvan Esso and Fleet Foxes.

So, Latitude...

Sylvan Esso absolutely nailed it.. a great set, very well received.. i think Glastonbury missed a trick in not getting them this year.. I would be surprised if they dont show up in 2019..

Other notable misses by Glastonbury :

The Lemon Twigs - these boys are like 19 & 20...! great talent & a little bit crazy, but very watchable..

Divine Comedy - NH on top form..great fun in the late afternoon..

Fleet Foxes - played to the smallest headline crowd i have seen, which was a great shame... i still really enjoyed them though..

Still performing well after Glastonbury :

Sigrid and LLoyle Carner were both excellent again... big, big futures for these two surely.?

i do worry for the future of Latitude though... it felt like they were trying to do everything on the cheap this year, right across the festival... seems short sighted to me when you consider a big showing could lead to a sold-out (bigger capacity) festival in Glastonburys absence next year.

3 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Every single festival apart from V and Reading. Sorted.

This!

Going to Nozstock this weekend, a really  small one in Hereford with Happy Mondays, Seastick Steve and Sugarhill gang etc. Got a feeling though that after getting home from Benicassim late last night it might be a bit of a let down! Still, at least I'll have some live music and local cider to ease the horrific comedown that's bound to hit 

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

So, Latitude...

Sylvan Esso absolutely nailed it.. a great set, very well received.. i think Glastonbury missed a trick in not getting them this year.. I would be surprised if they dont show up in 2019..

Other notable misses by Glastonbury :

The Lemon Twigs - these boys are like 19 & 20...! great talent & a little bit crazy, but very watchable..

Divine Comedy - NH on top form..great fun in the late afternoon..

Fleet Foxes - played to the smallest headline crowd i have seen, which was a great shame... i still really enjoyed them though..

Still performing well after Glastonbury :

Sigrid and LLoyle Carner were both excellent again... big, big futures for these two surely.?

i do worry for the future of Latitude though... it felt like they were trying to do everything on the cheap this year, right across the festival... seems short sighted to me when you consider a big showing could lead to a sold-out (bigger capacity) festival in Glastonburys absence next year.

Lemon Twigs played, twice.

Tiny little festival in North Wales for me and both lads this weekend. Going to be pissing down today but I suppose 3 sunny festivals in one year would be pushing it. 

Still... £15 a ticket, £5 extra to camp, HAVE to bring your own booze cos they're not selling any, what's not to like.

On 21/07/2017 at 8:00 AM, Gnomicide said:

Tiny little festival in North Wales for me and both lads this weekend. Going to be pissing down today but I suppose 3 sunny festivals in one year would be pushing it. 

Still... £15 a ticket, £5 extra to camp, HAVE to bring your own booze cos they're not selling any, what's not to like.

Which festival is this Gnom? 

54 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Which festival is this Gnom? 

Castlewood Rocks. Tiny thing but great fun and raising money for charity. About 13 tents in public camping at the last count, had a great night last night despite the rain.