Which Fest next?

mrfunk

As always Glasto delivered, and now my wife is hooked ;) (her first fest)

so looking for another fest this year, not too keen on it being ravey. We appeared to spend more time north of railway.

So looking at somethImg Somerset way this summer. 

Was thinking Whirly Faye, Sunrise, BGG

I welcome your assistance, advice, experience

Funk x

On 27/06/2017 at 6:40 PM, mrfunk said:

As always Glasto delivered, and now my wife is hooked ;) (her first fest)

so looking for another fest this year, not too keen on it being ravey. We appeared to spend more time north of railway.

So looking at somethImg Somerset way this summer. 

Was thinking Whirly Faye, Sunrise, BGG

I welcome your assistance, advice, experience

Funk x

Anyone ?

Not sure if i'll do a festival next year, but if I do decide to do one, been looking at some possibilities. Kendal Calling looks like it could be a decent shout - decent line up this year and looks like the setting is great and has a few interesting areas/stages too. Any who has been got any views they could share on the festival?

Not Somerset way but Beatherder in [fingers crossed] sunny Lancashire 14th July. 

It is a mini Glastonbury in many ways. Around 10,000 people in weird and wacky costumes, lots of little areas to wander around. A forest area similar if not better than the Glade called Toil Trees- mixture of Glade, Spike and woods near john peel which mainly dance music. A good sized outside stage with a slope towards it for the crowd. A street in the woods with a hotel, barbers, church to rave in, old cars with decks,  secret wood panelled swimming pool, Barnes with discos. A fire breathing fortress. Mini stone circle with camp fire. Markets and some children activities. Last year they build a lie roofed corridor (modelled on Shangri La of old?) with strange enterance a to venues from the stain glassed/wood panelled illustrious society of beatherder where people wore smoking jackets, top hats and smoked pipes to dance music to fully kitted out tents for psy dance which opened up with outside bits.

It is a great little festival B)

I always think Wilderness looks great, my pals went last year and said it was absolutely lovely. I've done a few Bestivals, and while I love that festival the last time I went it was a little young and ever so slightly moody, hopefully that was just an off year though!

23 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I'm off to Bluedot on Friday at Jodrell Bank - only started last year but great little festival with added bonus of geeky science stuff - Headliners are Pixies, Orbital & Alt-J

I've been asked to work a stand there, not heard of it before but looks like a great little festival! And should cure the post-Glasto blues :)

3 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Ah, thought i'd seen the last minute warning post. Didn't realise it had already gone. 

There's never any trouble getting tickets for beautiful days right up to the festival. I usually end up sorting a few for the late comers cheaper than face value too, there will be loads for sale here and on gumtree 

15 hours ago, Upside down frowner said:

Not Somerset way but Beatherder in [fingers crossed] sunny Lancashire 14th July. 

It is a mini Glastonbury in many ways. Around 10,000 people in weird and wacky costumes, lots of little areas to wander around. A forest area similar if not better than the Glade called Toil Trees- mixture of Glade, Spike and woods near john peel which mainly dance music. A good sized outside stage with a slope towards it for the crowd. A street in the woods with a hotel, barbers, church to rave in, old cars with decks,  secret wood panelled swimming pool, Barnes with discos. A fire breathing fortress. Mini stone circle with camp fire. Markets and some children activities. Last year they build a lie roofed corridor (modelled on Shangri La of old?) with strange enterance a to venues from the stain glassed/wood panelled illustrious society of beatherder where people wore smoking jackets, top hats and smoked pipes to dance music to fully kitted out tents for psy dance which opened up with outside bits.

It is a great little festival B)

This sounds stunning ! Thanks for the replies everyone 

I'm off to Godney Gathering in Glastonbury. Nice little 1 day festival. The Darkness are headlining which should be a laugh. Dub Pistols are on as well. We camp and have a BBQ with some tunes the night before. And it's only £25.