Suicide Tuesday

Bonaneas

3 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

Same here, bizarre dreams where I'm back in the crowd watching the bands again. Like my own comedown Iplayer. I actually started the tears driving off site past circus & cabaret to blue gate and all the stewards and security waving goodbye as we passed each checkpoint. Got back on the rum today and tucked into the washing pile. Should pass in a week or two. :(

My god the weird dreams. The only one I'll be able to repeat without freaking myself out again is the one where I travelled back in time to the original Glastonbury which was being held in the park in the village in Scotland I grew up in called Dunning. I was flying (I always fly in my dreams for some reason) around trying to make everyone happy but for some reason they didn't like the flying and it made them angry, which made me sad, so I'd wake up crying, read some stuff on here and cry some more, watch some highlights and cry some more. In between all that I've been trying to act normal to any texts I get from any non-Glastonbury goers. Lots of celebrities in my dreams today for some reason as well by I'm not going to name drop

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Best ever Glasto for me of the 6 I've been to. The post-Glasto blues are there but coming home to my 2 dogs does help a little. Going into work tomorrow now that could be a different story. 

Aww dear god, what I'd do to have a dog right now 

My god this is hard, 4th one and it doesn't get easier afterwards. How are people coping? Can we all set up some kind of post-glasto depression club, feels so alone at home sat in my room. Went to Tesco earlier and my food shop took twice as long just to be surrounded by people and noise.

I miss everything, even just thinking about the sound of my tent zip or the noise my shoes made on the walkways, every tiny detail brings me to feeling sad. The line-up wasn't the best for me but after Wednesday was out of the way weather wise it was just the perfect festival once again. Met some amazing people and made some incredible memories. I can;t even bring myself to air my sleeping bag on the washing line as just the sight of it will bring it all rushing back let along re-watch any BBC highlights.

Maybe it's the length of build up - it's all I think about after securing a ticket in October, or maybe just the fact next year it's the fallow year but this all feels terribly hard :(

I'd probably put 2017 in my top 3 of all time, a vintage year for me. The weather was spot on, great lineup, met up with old friends that I hadn't seen for years, met plenty of new people and some great chats had with strangers.

So, I thought I'd be an emotional wreck. Don't get me wrong, it's not been easy over the last two days. I did have a cry whilst watching CHIC on the Iplayer this afternoon. I have also been quite irritable this evening, but I think that the thought of going back to work tomorrow is looming large (like Sunday blues, that I get most weeks, times 1,000). I was definitely in a worse place/way after '10 & '14 anyway.

32 minutes ago, D-Low said:

My god this is hard, 4th one and it doesn't get easier afterwards. How are people coping? Can we all set up some kind of post-glasto depression club, feels so alone at home sat in my room. Went to Tesco earlier and my food shop took twice as long just to be surrounded by people and noise.

I miss everything, even just thinking about the sound of my tent zip or the noise my shoes made on the walkways, every tiny detail brings me to feeling sad. The line-up wasn't the best for me but after Wednesday was out of the way weather wise it was just the perfect festival once again. Met some amazing people and made some incredible memories. I can;t even bring myself to air my sleeping bag on the washing line as just the sight of it will bring it all rushing back let along re-watch any BBC highlights.

Maybe it's the length of build up - it's all I think about after securing a ticket in October, or maybe just the fact next year it's the fallow year but this all feels terribly hard :(

It's lots of things. The built up, the drink, the drug comedowns, the overload of the senses, but mostly it's the human connections. I did a degree in human evolution 6 years ago and nearly wrote my dissertation on the subject, the link between being constantly surrounded by human voices and chat and social bonding, and how that drove brain expansion and our evolution to what we are today. Take that away then our serotonin drops rapidly and synapses stop flashing so we're left empty and depressed. We need to live together in large groups and tribes not on our own in flats and jobs where we speak to no one. Evolutionary Reality is what we experienced at Glasto, abnormality is everyday life in the divided world we live in everyday. Fuck that. 

I didn't go nearly as hard this year as I have in the previous couple of years so I'm not too bad on the grinding comedown front (haven't even cried or anything!), although I did wake up at 12 today, eat and then go back to bed at 2 for another six hours and I'm still knackered.

Mentally I feel amazing and energised, physically I'm dead. Huge case of the blues now the adrenaline has worn off from driving home. I can't watch the coverage yet, it actually makes me feel very emotional, I absolutely loved it this year.

Couldn't sleep last night. I only realise how much of a different place my mind has been in when I get home. If that makes sense. Just got home from watching Flogging Molly at the Ritz. Damp with sweat, fucking loved it. It was like a full stop to the last seven days. 

People talking about weird post Glasto dreams - I am with you 100% on that. I was only on alcohol for this festival but had a nap on Monday evening and it was horrific. Woke up disorientated with chills running down my spine as I was so freaked out. Think it goes to show how much of an assault on the senses (in the best possible way of course) Glastonbury really is!

Suffering bad this time round. Had a rough few months before, but looking forward to Glastonbury kept me going. Now I'm back at work tomorrow and got nothing planned to look forward to.

Need to get some plans made asap. 2019 feels so far away :(

Edited by I am Jon

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

now looking at how to go about setting up a business ... anyone know of any courses ? advice ? not something I've even contemplated before @eFestivalsany helpful hints tips ? and I know it won't be easy ... but I'm bloody determined to do something for myself now ... not to help line the pockets of a massive multinational retailer 

Ill talk to my other half - he's in the process of doing the same while still working full time - and post some links later. 

I was doing ok being strong for my partner, it was his first Glastonbury,unforgetable experience for him, (like we've experienced when we first walked through those gates) he's very down, loved every single moment, wants to go back, bless him. He's now gone to work, I'm now left at home,The National Playing England on iplayer,i've just watched the highlights BBC montage ( i should be dancing Mr Gibb) and the tears are falling.......it's the 2 year break that i can't cope with,this was my 11th Glastonbury but the break doesn't get any easier. 2017 has been my epic year, it was bloody magical. Big group hug and love to you all.

Someone send a runner
Through the weather that I'm under
For the feeling that I lost today

36 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Ill talk to my other half - he's in the process of doing the same while still working full time - and post some links later. 

excellent thanks ... I know what i want to do ... just not sure how to take the steps to get there ... I could get some advice from my old man ... but I want to at least make a good start before that :)

Guts are bad (Will spare you the details), feel sick constantly, sun burnt to bumper, back in work, not sleeping and sweating like mad, don't wanna drink again, don't wanna go Glasto again, don't wanna go Benicassim, hate everyone and everything. 

Same shit different year.

New Order will bring me back to myself on Saturday.

I'm back in work this morning after doing 7 days on site with a day of recovery yesterday. It's probably the best I've ever felt post festival. I think the shifts breaking up the drinking definitely has something to do with that. Stay strong folks, you can get through this!