Suicide Tuesday

Bonaneas

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

This has been me today and yesterday (thankfully not until I got home). Ridiculous.

TBH I'm usually like this when I get back anyway. Nowt you can do but let it happen!

Thought it might not this year though. With Mrs Woffy in full attendance I ate better than I EVER have at the festival. 

Other than the two-bobs I've felt ok today. Although having to be in Dad-mode and up at 6.30am and then a two hour round trip to visit my mum, leaving at 8.30am, for her birthday didn't give me much choice or option of mansplaining. 

Currently drinking medicinal Crafty Hens. 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

some ideas around festival fancy dress believe it or not :) . problem being I don't want to mass produce but also need to realise my time needs to be worth a decent amount so its getting the balance 

Funny enough during me being in awe at the lightening players there were 2 people stood behind me with crazy masks on. They knew the people doing Acadia but also had no info on how I could get a training. 

They sell their masks on etsy for £300 :o ( they were like steampunk with flashing lights around the eyes and rubberized ram horns)

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I'm still buzzing looking at ways of using Glastonbury as a stepping stone to turn my life around from the depressing day to day job I currently have ... just the kick up the ass I need !!

Oh good on you mate.  I had that a few years ago, came back from Glastonbury just realising that the direction my life had been taking was a pointless task and the best thing to do was to make the jump.

I was ruined physically when I got back, got to admit, have managed to clear away my stuff and do the washing, visited my kids and feel a bit more alive.  Emotionally I am fine.  Back to work tomorrow, not looking forward to it.

Anyone else come back with a cold?  My throat was ruined from Friday onwards and I've been a sneezy, coughy ball of snot since Saturday.

10 minutes ago, LeeGalvin said:

I feel utterly miserable and keep tearing up at the most ridiculous things. The bloody Lion King came on earlier and I cried.

I've come to this forum to use you all as a comfort blanket.

Let us embrace whilst avoiding all things emotional, particularly songs written by Elton john and Tim Rice.

11 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Funny enough during me being in awe at the lightening players there were 2 people stood behind me with crazy masks on. They knew the people doing Acadia but also had no info on how I could get a training. 

They sell their masks on etsy for £300 :o ( they were like steampunk with flashing lights around the eyes and rubberized ram horns)

I saw them. Very cool. Not as cool as the helmet with 3 silver double Enders attached to it up at JP for killers. 

Feeling particularly sad this year. Even started as I ambled home from the SE corner in the early hours of Monday. Must be the fact that there's a fallow. And that it was such a great year.

Spent all day watching footage. I feel sorry for my colleagues who will have to put up with me tomorrow.

now looking at how to go about setting up a business ... anyone know of any courses ? advice ? not something I've even contemplated before @eFestivalsany helpful hints tips ? and I know it won't be easy ... but I'm bloody determined to do something for myself now ... not to help line the pockets of a massive multinational retailer 

Huge case of the post-glasto blues but also loads of post-glasto joy, loads of things have contributed to it.

• First glasto for 2 years.
  • Last glasto for 2 years.
  • Favourite glasto so far.
  • Incredible amount of "perfect moments", having to pinch myself on a regular basis this year as it was so special at times.
  • Had a glasto romance that I'm hoping translates in to real life, going to visit her in a few days time.
  • Last big thing I do before I leave the country travelling in November.
  • Made me reconsider how I treat those that I love and how I treat myself.

I can safely say this glasto has changed my life, hopefully for the better.

Somehow managed to avoid the hangover / comedown that I've had the last two years. I did rein it in slightly this year though, although still managed to see out 3am each night. Mostly tired which I put down to trekking up that hill to Worthy View (that must have been killer in the mud last year!).

I'm really sad though. The build up is such a big thing and then in a flash its over. Finding it hard to accept the next visit is 2 years away, that's what I'm struggling to cope with the most.

Still, a fantastic Glasto. Loved every minute.

Hope you feel better soon guys.

I'm feeling sad too, hard to be back, went the pub on the way home last night, just couldn't face leaving everyone, we stayed there till close, got home smashed, had to work today, but luckily it was a work from home day, just put the highlights on in the background. Cried several times! Bloody great festival again and always worth this grim feeling.

39 minutes ago, alien said:

Huge case of the post-glasto blues but also loads of post-glasto joy, loads of things have contributed to it.

• First glasto for 2 years.
  • Last glasto for 2 years.
  • Favourite glasto so far.
  • Incredible amount of "perfect moments", having to pinch myself on a regular basis this year as it was so special at times.
  • Had a glasto romance that I'm hoping translates in to real life, going to visit her in a few days time.
  • Last big thing I do before I leave the country travelling in November.
  • Made me reconsider how I treat those that I love and how I treat myself.

I can safely say this glasto has changed my life, hopefully for the better.

Beautiful.

But Now I'm balling my eyes out again. Keep your joy to yourself next time ! 

23 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Just watched a bit of London Grammar and the XX on iplayer....

Word of advice if you're suffering from even the slightest bit of post Glastonbury blues - DO NOT DO THIS.

Hate to quote myself but me and the wife are in flood of tears watching London Grammar at the moment. What a fucking weekend.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

23 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Just watched a bit of London Grammar and the XX on iplayer....

Word of advice if you're suffering from even the slightest bit of post Glastonbury blues - DO NOT DO THIS.

I got a minute into LG's 'rooting for you' last night that floored me for hours. Fook watching that until winter.