Suicide Tuesday

Bonaneas

The sole of my left foot is totally numb. Not sure why?? Never had this before.  I spent today in bed, getting up occasionally to change the washing over. Ordered Chinese for tonight as I can't face getting out of PJs to go to the supermarket.  Back to work tomorrow... 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I was okay when I got home yesterday but today I'm so sad. All I've done so far is watch Glasto sets and unpack. Last year I was fine but 2015 I was so sad for like the week following the festival. Hope I'm not the same this year. I'm back at work in 2 days which will probably help; in 2015 I had a week off as soon as I was back because I'd had an ingrown toenail removed. Couldn't wear shoes and my dad was on holiday so I was basically stuck at home alone with nothing to do but watch the Glasto sets back. Really craving a Chinese now that I've read this thread.

Was just pretty exhausted when got home yesterday, but the blues have fairly set in. Had such a great time this year, conditions fairly helped. Been watching sets on iplayer all day and contemplating leaving the house to no avail.

18 minutes ago, kellly said:

Cried the whole way home yesterday. Awful sleep last night, waking up sweating and disorientated as to where I was. Then back to work today full of sorrow. Emotional wreck :(

Same here, bizarre dreams where I'm back in the crowd watching the bands again. Like my own comedown Iplayer. I actually started the tears driving off site past circus & cabaret to blue gate and all the stewards and security waving goodbye as we passed each checkpoint. Got back on the rum today and tucked into the washing pile. Should pass in a week or two. :(

It's hell, every year I feel the same. Slept in until 11 today, much needed. Moped around and finally got dressed about 3ish. Watching England now, having a few drinks. I hope we get tickets again in 2019 as my summer wouldn't be the same without a trip to the farm. In the meantime, got to decide on which festival(s) to do next year, thinking Bearded Theory and Kendal Calling as it stands but might look at a few overseas.

Gunna go for a pizza at Rudy's in Manchester tomorrow which always cheers me up. Back to work on Thursday but then another short week next as doing Arcade Fire at Castlefield Bowl. 

8 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Struggling tbh, especially with badly peeling sunburn never even been like this after a two week holiday abroad. Good job I'm not back at work til next week 

Also knowing I won't be back for 2 years is miserable

I am also peeling like crazy! My kids are having a great time peeling off my skin

I feel fine, contemplating going back on the drink and making the most off my week off. 

I usually get shitty hangovers but this is the third festival in a row in which Ive drank for three plus days on the trot heavily and missed getting one. My body seems to adapt better to longer, hevier and more sustained boozing. 

Quite comforting reading this thread and realising everyone is in the same boat. 

Find myself continually welling up whilst watching the iplayer coverage! 

You've got to take the lows to appreciate the highs. What a cracking week x

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I'm still buzzing looking at ways of using Glastonbury as a stepping stone to turn my life around from the depressing day to day job I currently have ... just the kick up the ass I need !!

Any good ideas I can get in on? 

I tried to Google "arcadia LIGHTENING INSTRUMENT playing school" but apparently that's not a thing. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to learn how to play lightening as an instrument now? (Without certain death)

Just now, MetaKate said:

I tried to Google "arcadia LIGHTENING INSTRUMENT playing school" but apparently that's not a thing. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to learn how to play lightening as an instrument now? (Without certain death)

some ideas around festival fancy dress believe it or not :) . problem being I don't want to mass produce but also need to realise my time needs to be worth a decent amount so its getting the balance 

4 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I also think the oppo  suits stand came from someone spotting my suit and taking advantage ...so this time I'm not letting it happen  !!