Campervans at Bath & West - what was it like?

Bexxxxx

Did any of you have a campervan pitched at Bath & West Showground this year? I know this was the first year it was available as an option (although used as overflow last year). We didn't get tickets this year, but usually take our van so I am just interested to see what this was like and how it compares to being in East (our usual choice).

I stayed there last year and chose it again this year. It's a quick (10min?) bus ride from site. The buses run at least every 15 mins, 24 hours a day.

This year was a lot busier but I still only had to queue for a (hot) shower once. I'm generally up by 8 though, which helps.

There is a food van which did a decent enough breakfast roll too.

And the real bonus for me was that it's quiet.

Some people complained about not being on site according to some of the stewards but assuming it's an option in 2019 and I've got a ticket I'd happily go there again.

19 minutes ago, t0paz said:

I stayed there last year and chose it again this year. It's a quick (10min?) bus ride from site. The buses run at least every 15 mins, 24 hours a day.

This year was a lot busier but I still only had to queue for a (hot) shower once. I'm generally up by 8 though, which helps.

There is a food van which did a decent enough breakfast roll too.

And the real bonus for me was that it's quiet.

Some people complained about not being on site according to some of the stewards but assuming it's an option in 2019 and I've got a ticket I'd happily go there again.

Thanks for the response. I've done the shuttle bus a fair few times to the drop off point so know what that's like.

Were the vans pitched up in a similar way?

We would consider it, assuming it's an option in 2019, for the ease of access and proximity to the drop off point (we have young kids we usually hand over to grandparents at some point during festival). But not sure he we feel about not being on site...

Stayed in west campervan fields last year and would have done so this year if I could have got in, Bath & West had some advantages (quiet, hot showers, flushing loos) but the time taken to get to site and back on a night took too much time from the day for me. Realistically it was an hour each way all told so 2 hours taken from the time available on site. We usually end up at the Avalon / Green Fields end at night so the trek to gate A to get back was a pain. I'm seriously considering not using the campervan in future and going back to camping on site.