Charli XCX - one of us

Amy Lawn

Anybody read her bit in the Sunday edition of Glastonbury Free Press? Fuck all those other dickhead celebrities who apparently "get it" because they spend the weekend in expensive campervans in VIP and sit looking photogenic up the Stone Circle for a bit; Charli XCX properly gets it. And her set was amazing this year, and her new album is fucking brilliant, and she's got more fucking bangers in her back catalogue at the age of 24 than anybody else in recorded history. Best person ever.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Really enjoyed her set, even if it did mean sacking off Canalon.  Girl gave it some welly.

She's been routinely putting in incendiary Glastonbury sets for years now, it's what she does. Completely changes every time as well. She had a guitar band backing her last time and was doing her pop-punk thing, also amazing. 

I liked that she marked her territory by spunking pink all over the stage, I was hoping it was stay there all weekend, maybe even forever and they'd have to rename it the Charli XCX Stage.

We went to get something to eat by the Other Stage as she was on and personally I thought she was absolutely horrendous and the worst thing I heard all weekend. I'm clearly not down with the kids and it's very much an each to their own thing

• Upvote 1

Loved it.

Saw her in the Sonic Tent in 2014 and it really wasn't very good at all.  New stage set up and the excellent new songs really suit her.  Could have done without I Love It/Fancy/Boom Clap in the set but, of course, I fully understand why they had to be there.

The wind blowing all of the confetti etc back onto the stage was hilarious and I was sad to see them clear it off so quickly!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...