Dick move of your festival......

waterfalls212434

Ok folks so lets have a bit of fun, lets hear your tales of that `1 person` or group of people who made you wonder what was going on in their heads this time around and not in a good way?

Ill start, big crowd to see elbow on the park stage, we didnt have much of a view as it was......so along comes this family, mum off her tits, dad posh voice and dressed up in a fancy jumper and trousers, gormless son wandering around with them with clearly no mind of his own.....you know the type?  well so they push through the crowd quite aggressively and then proceed to plonk down 3 footstools they are carrying on the ground and stand up on them......in the middle of the crowd, blocking the view of literally every person behind them.(see pic below) People were unreacting at first as I dont think anyone could believe the gall of them to do this and not expect a bollocking!

Needless to say they didnt last long! but what a dickish thing to do? utterly ignorant of the people around them!

Anyway, your move people, can you beat that for a tale of assholeness?

glasto1.jpg

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ill add one as well, trying to get down the front at various times people `reserving space` for a mate at the barrier with their bags and moaning when you try and stand there.....fuck off mate its a gig not a bloody restaurant! if your mates not made the effort to be there/sodded off then thats my space if I want it!

Saw a few of those plastic footstools around the place, although only ever in use as a seat. Never noticed them around before.

There's a couple of people in our group who could stand on one and still be shorter than me so it'd just mean they could see bits of the stage/screen through gaps rather than just seeing backs like they usually do. But if average  height or above people are using them that's a bit dickish

12 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Saw a few of those plastic footstools around the place, although only ever in use as a seat. Never noticed them around before.

There's a couple of people in our group who could stand on one and still be shorter than me so it'd just mean they could see bits of the stage/screen through gaps rather than just seeing backs like they usually do. But if average  height or above people are using them that's a bit dickish

the dad was above average height even without one and doesnt matter what the height of the person, you dont push into a crowd, set up some stools and stand on them so noone can see behind what so ever and expect to not be considered a dick, it was like taking the chair/picnic blanket thing to a whole new level. 

Edited by waterfalls212434

For me it's the Courteeners fans especially the twat who thought it would be a good idea to throw a glass bottle into the crowd, saw it smash on a girls head who was carried out straight after with blood pouring from her. Completely killed the atmosphere for that set for me. 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

For me it's the Courteeners fans especially the twat who thought it would be a good idea to throw a glass bottle into the crowd, saw it smash on a girls head who was carried out straight after with blood pouring from her. Completely killed the atmosphere for that set for me. 

I hope he got what was coming to him from the people around him and security......

46 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The three asshats in front of me who moaned loudly through the first 6-7 songs of Radiohead then had a massive go at me when I asked them to shut up.

I had chit-chatters near me at Radiohead too. I told them to listen to the band or go away, and to be fair to them, they went away with no bother, but their expression suggested they had no idea is was wrong to be loudly gossiping during the gig.

I  had a couple who met their mate at blossoms all in their 50s .same as me who talked all the way through the set then said that was good . My wife stopped me saying how the fuck do you know . Also similar at radiohead . If you don't like a band go somewhere else 

51 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The three asshats in front of me who moaned loudly through the first 6-7 songs of Radiohead then had a massive go at me when I asked them to shut up.

I had this too. Was relatively close in too, only just behind the second barrier, but people moaning during the earlier part of the set. Then this was replaced later by two girls gossiping.

I wouldn't say it ruined the gig, but completely stopped me from enjoying a couple of the quieter tracks (Exit Music, You and Whose Army)

I try to avoid any sort of moaning at the festival as it doesn't feel very 'Glastonbury', but did have to have a whinge at them.

10 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

That's absolutely appalling. And criminal, surely.

12 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Jesus, I hope the poor girl is alright. What a horrendous individual, hope he got what's coming to him. 

Just now, phillyfaddle said:

That's absolutely appalling. And criminal, surely.

Yeah definitely, I never saw who through it I just saw it land and smash. I hope they were caught and kicked out. The whole atmosphere of that crowd felt dangerous, it's the only time I was worried at any point in the festival and I've been in many a mosh pit. Glad I was wearing a helmet but I don't think I'll go to any future Courteeners gigs even though I like the music.

Managed to get close for the killers so can't winge too much - but a woman infront of us was face timing her mum the entire time. As long as someone isn't videoing the whole (televised anyway!!) thing I never mind too much about pictures - but having a broken picture of her mum looking bored watching the FaceTime right infront of you certainly took its toll

I have to say that this year was relatively dickless (easy now) as far as I saw. I'm sure they were there but they weren't really around me. I think the worst I saw were people jumping bar queues along with the litter and peeing on the land but all 3 of those seemed less prevalent thins year.

5 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

I had chit-chatters near me at Radiohead too. I told them to listen to the band or go away, and to be fair to them, they went away with no bother, but their expression suggested they had no idea is was wrong to be loudly gossiping during the gig.

Radiohead was the only place I found this a problem but just as I was about to say something they moved on and there was a collective sigh around me. There seemed to be a lot of people at Radiohead who were there for the "wrong" reasons - perhaps they should have just done the encore first, told those people that they were free to leave and played the rest of the set to those who wanted to listen.

There were people near me during Frank Carter who were clearly only there for the Killers who may well have been chatting but at a Frank Carter gig you can't hear them.

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Yeah definitely, I never saw who through it I just saw it land and smash. I hope they were caught and kicked out. The whole atmosphere of that crowd felt dangerous, it's the only time I was worried at any point in the festival and I've been in many a mosh pit. Glad I was wearing a helmet but I don't think I'll go to any future Courteeners gigs even though I like the music.

I'd never have thought it of a Courteeners crowd, especially at Glastonbury. The only time I've seen something like this happen was in a pub in Richmond 25+ years ago. Some pissed up twat threw a glass in the air at the bar and it smashed on my other half's friend's face. He ended up having numerous operations to save the sight in his eye. Bloke who did it was caught, arrested and I believe ended up serving a jail term for ABH.

The Sunday ticket knob who tried to have a fight with me for being in his way despite there being acres of space around us as we were stood at the very back of the field - Having spent the previous four days getting on with absolutely everyone and having a laugh with total strangers it was a bit of a shock to the system, just laughed at him and walked off.