Dick move of your festival......

waterfalls212434

21 hours ago, Lizzie0682 said:

I also had the men peering over the long drops at me. Assume they must have been stood on toilet bit peeing. In hindsight I should have shouted at them, but was mainly freaked out. Really weird behaviour. 

A friend had that happen to her last year. Never in the day time though. Wierd how some people get their kicks. 

The only dickish behaviour we experienced this year was after Ed Sheeran. We were waiting at the bottom of the pyramid stage, where we had been for a few hours for both Biffy and Ed. We were out of the way as we were in front of a small copse of trees. Some fella, absolutely wasted, barged us out of the way and sat down on our trolley full of kids. If you're that fella, I'm sorry if I scared you, but a couple of Middle Aged folk standing around with a trolley covered in fairy lights are not going to take kindly to you sitting on their babies. 

I know those trolleys are a nuisance, which is why we stand back and let the crowd disperse before moving ourselves on. 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh I have one.

During Royal Blood some silly bitch decided to lay her picnic blanket out in front of the pyramid and any time someone touched it with their feet she screamed "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME GET SOME RESPECT" into their faces. While her approx. 5 year old daughter watched.

She was taking up about 10 peoples worth of space during one of the biggest acts, incredible.

On 2017-6-27 at 4:07 PM, Green.flash said:

Only true dickhead was a scouse lad at the toastie van up from Beat Hotel about 3am Saturday night. To be fair, the guy making the toasties was mashed and struggling with the complexity of the toasted sandwich maker. Missed the initial spark but the scouse lad got really angry, started swinging punches over the counter. His girlfriend was trying to calm him down but he broke free, stomped to the side of the van and went up the steps to go in the door punching and kicking. Think he took a few kicks and a head butt before he was dragged away by a mate. Seemed really out of place, and no need, whatever was said. Complete knob. Must admit I enjoyed the spectacle though. 

I saw this too ha...it started when the toastie owner refused to give him his money back and taunted him over the counter saying 'here's your money back mate' with an empty hand. The lad took real offence to that and went round to the side door. To be fair to him I didn't see any punches thrown over the counter, and one of the staff was the first to throw a punch after the guy arrived at the side door.

Edited by Chawk

16 minutes ago, Chawk said:

I saw this too ha...it started when the toastie owner refused to give him his money back and taunted him over the counter saying 'here's your money back mate' with an empty hand. The lad took real offence to that and went round to the side door. To be fair to him I didn't see any punches thrown over the counter, and one of the staff was the first to throw a punch after the guy arrived at the side door.

There were punches swinging from both sides, don't think any hit. Then I thought it had calmed down but he went up to the side door. You're right though, the guys in the toastie van weren't waiting for him to land a blow first. 

I'm glad to hear how it started though, pathetic really. 

4 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

Was the toastie guy bald? They were one of very few food places in the campsite last year at Blue Dot. Think they were up all that weekend having a laugh, we got on with them quite well if its the same lot. If I recall correctly they used to have a bit of banter with customers and this gentleman must clearly not have a sense of humour

Nah, not bald. There were two blokes, one woman. One woman had short blonde hair, one bloke had big curly hair. 

They were nice people, all having good banter until it kicked off. 

On 6/28/2017 at 2:26 PM, serendipitous said:

I generally though crowds were a lot more considerate this year and didn't really encounter any issues.

The only incident that did bother me was on Friday night at NYC Downlow, I headed down early and skipped headliners as I've always enjoyed it and find it a really fun venue. Queueing up and in front of me were a group of one girl and about five straight guys, she kept going on loudly about how they wouldn't enjoy it and how uncomfortable they would be. She seemed to be revelling in forcing her straight friends into a queer themed venue and watching them squirm. It put me on edge as it's the sort of behaviour I see in a lot of queer clubs my way and it can really ruin the atmosphere. As a gay bloke I don't wanna feel like I'm part of a safari trip for someone. Two of the blokes were incredibly pissed and once inside made complete tits of themselves, at one point coming up to me and a guy I was dancing with and doing an exaggerated camp dance, grinding up against us and essentially harassing us. Eventually he touched my ass one too many times and I told him in no uncertain terms to fuck off. I'd like to think that the same guy wouldn't go up to people outside that space and grope them uninvited or mock the way they act but it doesn't fill me with hope.

He then moved on to trying to get on the stage over and over again, being asked to leave by the acts performing and eventually being kicked off by a heeled drag queen. 

I love the fact that Johnny Woo puts on an unashamedly queer space at the festival and I love that it gives people who wouldn't normally visit those sort of places a chance to try something new. I went in with loads of straight friends over the weekend who had a great time and were respectfull. It's just the straight blokes who go in and out on overly camp mannerisms and harrass the actual LGBT people in there who fucking piss me off. Same thing that kills a lot of queer nightlife outside the festival.

But then I found the darkroom and had some fun so I soon forgot about it.

Unfortunately because of the amount of press that the likes of Resident Advisor and Mixmag give them, which are largely read by straight blokes, then it will begin to attract these types the more popular it gets.

Tbh when I went the crowd was absolutely perfect, obvious straight guys but being respectful about it which is absolutely fine. All welcome! But being respectful is key, there was a girl constantly getting on the stage outside where the queue is and the drag queens were pretty nice about it but then began to get annoyed and booted her off :lol: 

A fantastic venue though, didn't realise that darkroom actually got used haha.

On 27/06/2017 at 0:03 PM, phillyfaddle said:

Have you never been to the Acoustic tent? Hundreds of them, mostly ladies aged 50+. Mad.

All sat in their seats inside the tent..! Sometimes it can be a struggle to get in The Acoustic Tent, its not till you realise that half the crowd are seated having a good old chin wag.

6 minutes ago, little_jim said:

All sat in their seats inside the tent..! Sometimes it can be a struggle to get in The Acoustic Tent, its not till you realise that half the crowd are seated having a good old chin wag.

I still remember the telling off I got from a middle aged couple during the Moody Blues a couple of years ago for standing in front of their chairs. "Well stand up then" was my suggested solution.

59 minutes ago, little_jim said:

Either seated (like at the cinema) or standing on those damn folding steps. I don't go in there any more. It's not worth it.

I went into Acoustic I think Friday evening about 9ish... was going to have a listen to Status Quo acoustic... couldn't see naff all so left and went on my merry way... later I ended up in SEC ...OMG not sure how I got there but couldn't get out... I felt like an Arsenal supporter in the White Hart Lane home stands 

the guys behind me who kept whining through radiohead, especially at the start. gave them a look and they kindly shut the fuck up at around EITRP. There was a reason i got to the front and that was to not be stuck next to fucking talkers. 

Generally felt there was alot more talkers this year. Considering i get to the front for the stuff i love i was surprised.

Was awoken Wednesday night by someone attempting to lift my wallet from my back pocket (I'd crashed in my clothes) while in the bedroom part of my tent. Chased them through the tents in Oxlyers, round between the toilets and across the railway track before losing them in the dark.

They failed to get my wallet.

Thieving, you're shit at it!

1 hour ago, babyblade41 said:

I went into Acoustic I think Friday evening about 9ish... was going to have a listen to Status Quo acoustic... couldn't see naff all so left and went on my merry way... later I ended up in SEC ...OMG not sure how I got there but couldn't get out... I felt like an Arsenal supporter in the White Hart Lane home stands 

Set on fire? :lol: one stunt comedian joker twat tried that in 2002, dressed as Osama Bin Laden in an Arsenal kit - it erm, well it didn't end very amusingly for him! 

Edited by balti-pie

47 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

Pretty much every person I saw in native american head dresses. Native americans or any other ethnicity or culture of people aren't fancy dress costumes for people to get off their tits in. 

Ironic thing is if these people came across someone `blacked up` for example they'd have a right go at them......how is dressing up as one ethnicity different from another? 

1 hour ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Ironic thing is if these people came across someone `blacked up` for example they'd have a right go at them......how is dressing up as one ethnicity different from another? 

It's not, why people think it's ok I'm not sure! The festival banned the sale of Indian head dresses a few years ago, which was good, but it hasn't stopped people bringing them :/ 

2 hours ago, babyblade41 said:

Us Gooners suffer so much 

:lol::lol: I can only presume this is hugely tongue in cheek. Blackpool, Tranmere, Blackburn, Charlton fans are all having actual proper problems, you lot are moaning because you're not winning the particular trophies you want. Perspective. 

5 hours ago, little_jim said:

I got a telling off up there a few years back during Dr Feelgood, How dare I get in their way, have a jump and dance around tut tut tut, naughty naughty.

Random fact Dr Feelgood was my first gig back in 1987 with my Dad in the North East lol

On topic way too many talkers and people just walking through you with no regard imo