Dick move of your festival......

waterfalls212434

8 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Also people who throw things in the crowd. Never liked it. Please answer me, what is the actual fucking point in throwing anything in the crowd? What do you gain from it? Does it really enjoy your enjoyment? I'm genuinely interested. Someone lobbed a can or bottle (I presume) during the Courteeners and it hit the girl directly behind me square in the head. Fell over. We all turned around and her head is pissing blood. We quickly made a path to the barrier and security helped her over. Completely ruined her festival I'd assume. And all for what? I genuinely don't get what you're gaining from it. Even at gigs when they throw piss etc. Piss in a cup by all means but why not just put it on the floor and kick it over if you really really must go. Throwing it just dumbfounds me. Absolute scumbags.

It was a bottle, saw it smash on her head. Wish I had seen who had thrown it. Total scum, should be banned from all festivals similar to football hooligans. Really hope they caught who did it.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

Hi Bread, I've edited your post to show what I felt where the key points (to me anyway).

You clocking her mental health, drug or alcohol problem - what made you assume this if you don't mind me asking, as opposed to her being simply drunk (or "other") and just generally not a nice person?

If security wouldn't remove her because it wasn't an emergency, would it have been worth telling them about her mental state, and how you felt that made it an important to remove her (rather than say, offering her your place to placate her)?

You mentioned how you'd been there for "hours" to get your place, and how she was ruining everyone else’s experience - I would have thought that this was why people were annoyed.  Perhaps they didn't see the mental health issue, and just saw an annoying individual?

I'm just curious.  I saw your post and thought - "this will attract some attention". 

I get that she might have had an mental health issue, but is simply placting her really the best way to deal with it? 

It wasn't was it?

I guess from past experience I was able to see signs of some sort of mental illness. She had lost her voice as well and spoke with a pained, husky wheeze. Claimed it had been like that for 8 months, which makes me think she had a habit of screaming and shouting obscenities. I'd mentioned to a few of the people around me that she wasn't all together, and they agreed, but they continued to take offence.

I accept the other people were upset with her actions, as was I, but their reaction at the end didn't help anyone. Yes she was an asshat, but it was just really grim when they retaliated. Saying that I'm sure a few of the lads were on coke.

Now I'm glad I didn't give her my spot, I've done it in the past for shorter/younger people at gigs (like Tom Odell and The 1975 in 2016), but what was cool about that was how much they enjoyed it. One of the girls who took my spot at The 1975 was so happy she was in tears. I didn't want that woman in my eye line whilst I watched one of my favourite bands. 

1 minute ago, BreadMakesYouFat? said:

She had lost her voice as well and spoke with a pained, husky wheeze. Claimed it had been like that for 8 months, which makes me think she had a habit of screaming and shouting obscenities. 

I'd say about 75% of the crowd have knacked their voices by the Saturday.  Three days of gargling cider, smoking, cheering and singing can leave you sounding like Tom Waits.

1 hour ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

Waking up monday morning to realise my friend and lift home had already left. He reckoned he couldn't see me in my tent, how thats possible I don't know. Oh and he decided to take my sackbarrow as well so had to lug all my stuff around, dick 

That's really quite shit.

Gotta say our next camp over really proved themselves in the end. It was just my boyfriend and I this year so we ended up pretty boxed in which is of course fine, but had to listen to them watching love island every morning - at Glastonbury! (Or let's face it at all!) . Their tent had a back door which on the Monday one used to lob all their rubbish out into our tiny spot. They took their tent but left all the shit - including glass bottles- and chairs they had thrown everywhere. I regret not going over and asking if they needed a bin bag. I ended up cleaning a good deal of their mess as the repetitive action helped my anxiety! But still, pigs. 

Gotta say our next camp over really proved themselves in the end. It was just my boyfriend and I this year so we ended up pretty boxed in which is of course fine, but had to listen to them watching love island every morning - at Glastonbury! (Or let's face it at all!) . Their tent had a back door which on the Monday one used to lob all their rubbish out into our tiny spot. They took their tent but left all the shit - including glass bottles- and chairs they had thrown everywhere. I regret not going over and asking if they needed a bin bag. I ended up cleaning a good deal of their mess as the repetitive action helped my anxiety! But still, pigs. 

Waking up monday morning to realise my friend and lift home had already left. He reckoned he couldn't see me in my tent, how thats possible I don't know. Oh and he decided to take my sackbarrow as well so had to lug all my stuff around, dick 

Get new friends.

Jesus that friend needs ditching!! 

I think I only have 3 incidents.

1 - On the Thursday sat up by the Glastonbury sign, look over to the fence on the left and there is a guy peeing. Really annoys me seeing someone do that when toilets are so available, ESPECIALLY for guys.

2 - Before Foos there was a guy peeing into a cup and then emptying it onto the ground. Again, it was about 45 minutes before and I had just got back from the toilet myself. It wasn't that busy and I had managed to get to the toilet and back within 5 minutes.

3 - I'm still undecided on who the dick is in this situation. Maybe a bit of both, I'll let you guys decide. Turned up to JP to watch Clean Bandit on Friday. We missed the first song so couldn't get into the tent (you can't hear that well from outside can you?! - we weren't that far out of the tent) so got as close as we could. There was a couple sat in chairs SURROUNDED by people. It can be frustrating when it's as busy as that. Another guy walked past and shouted and them (I missed exactly what he said) something about taking the piss by being sat down when it's that busy and they're that close. The guy who was sat down shout out of his chair and grabbed the guy, ripping his tshirt right down the front. There was a bit of pushing and pulling before the guy in the ripped tshirt walked off and the couple in the chairs packed up and left. Weird timing as it was only 10 minutes earlier I was saying I'd never seen any trouble at Glastonbury before.

No dicks this year except my mate who had a bit too much in Shangri La with me after losing his missus at Foo's. He suddenly came to at 5am realising he's been a dick to her & went back to his posh tipi, fortunately I know I just had to head to the Pyramid to get home.

Edited by Bisque

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:05 PM, Chinaski_ said:

Some guy behind me at The Killers was barging into me backwards while facing his mates, so I just nudged him back casually and he went flying. He soon turned back around after that. 

Also special shout out to the group of lads starting (in their words) a 'mosh pit' to Biffy Clyro while in the chair areas at the back. Then walking around acting like they were hard. Cringe. You can tell they've never been in a pit in their lives. 

Also I noticed the knobs were covered in glitter/uv paint, it's the universal sign of spotting a knobhead it seems. 

Was this during that golden rule and next to the sound desk?

Could have been us. No regrets

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:20 PM, glitterstorm said:

I met a guy who was a trump hat, said his friends had bought it for him and forced him to wear it as a dare. He kept trying to take the hat off and his friends put it back on him! I wonder if it was the same guy :lol:

We dressed my mate up as a gimp trump. He had the wig, face paint, hat and tie. All alongside a nice tight black latex suit

43 minutes ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

Was this during that golden rule and next to the sound desk?

Could have been us. No regrets

No I can't remember what song it was, most of them sound the same to me, but it was near the beginning of the set. It was towards the left hand side of the screen and near the back. 

Just now, Chinaski_ said:

No I can't remember what song it was, most of them sound the same to me, but it was near the beginning of the set. It was towards the left hand side of the screen and near the back. 

Oh no it wasn't us. We did start one to the right of the sound desk during the breakdown to that golden rule. Which is heavy.

There were two guys sitting in chairs around a packed crowd who were probably a little upset. But its a rock gig and a busy crowd so what do you expect?

10 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

3 - I'm still undecided on who the dick is in this situation. Maybe a bit of both, I'll let you guys decide. Turned up to JP to watch Clean Bandit on Friday. We missed the first song so couldn't get into the tent (you can't hear that well from outside can you?! - we weren't that far out of the tent) so got as close as we could. There was a couple sat in chairs SURROUNDED by people. It can be frustrating when it's as busy as that. Another guy walked past and shouted and them (I missed exactly what he said) something about taking the piss by being sat down when it's that busy and they're that close. The guy who was sat down shout out of his chair and grabbed the guy, ripping his tshirt right down the front. There was a bit of pushing and pulling before the guy in the ripped tshirt walked off and the couple in the chairs packed up and left. Weird timing as it was only 10 minutes earlier I was saying I'd never seen any trouble at Glastonbury before.

I'd say the dicks were the people sat down! First sitting down in a crowd and second making it physical when the other guy just shouted at them!

Just now, Deadendfriends8 said:

Oh no it wasn't us. We did start one to the right of the sound desk during the breakdown to that golden rule. Which is heavy.

There were two guys sitting in chairs around a packed crowd who were probably a little upset. But its a rock gig and a busy crowd so what do you expect?

True, I've got nothing wrong with a pit starting, just the guys near us doing were complete nobs and probably have never been in a pit in their lives. This was near the back where everyone is sat down, so not like they were in the actual crowd. 

Just now, Chinaski_ said:

True, I've got nothing wrong with a pit starting, just the guys near us doing were complete nobs and probably have never been in a pit in their lives. This was near the back where everyone is sat down, so not like they were in the actual crowd. 

Oh yeah fair enough, that's completely understandable :)

These guys next to us were annoyed that we started a pit, and we're like? Come on mate you're not gonna be ed sheeraning one of our fave bands haha

5 minutes ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

Oh yeah fair enough, that's completely understandable :)

These guys next to us were annoyed that we started a pit, and we're like? Come on mate you're not gonna be ed sheeraning one of our fave bands haha

Haha. I never get why people stand right in the crowd and then complain when the crowd are enjoying the band. 

On 2017-6-27 at 4:07 PM, Green.flash said:

I didn't see anyone pissing on the land except for at the urinals by the pyramid on Sunday for Biffy. And only got pushed in at at the bar once all weekend, also pyramid Sunday at the Mandela bar. No need. 

Only true dickhead was a scouse lad at the toastie van up from Beat Hotel about 3am Saturday night. To be fair, the guy making the toasties was mashed and struggling with the complexity of the toasted sandwich maker. Missed the initial spark but the scouse lad got really angry, started swinging punches over the counter. His girlfriend was trying to calm him down but he broke free, stomped to the side of the van and went up the steps to go in the door punching and kicking. Think he took a few kicks and a head butt before he was dragged away by a mate. Seemed really out of place, and no need, whatever was said. Complete knob. Must admit I enjoyed the spectacle though. 

Was the toastie guy bald? They were one of very few food places in the campsite last year at Blue Dot. Think they were up all that weekend having a laugh, we got on with them quite well if its the same lot. If I recall correctly they used to have a bit of banter with customers and this gentleman must clearly not have a sense of humour

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:54 AM, squirrelarmy said:

For me it's the Courteeners fans especially the twat who thought it would be a good idea to throw a glass bottle into the crowd, saw it smash on a girls head who was carried out straight after with blood pouring from her. Completely killed the atmosphere for that set for me. 

WOW, did that actually happen???? which ever twat it was that did it should be sent to prison he could of killed someone easily, what a complete w*nker........

12 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Haha. I never get why people stand right in the crowd and then complain when the crowd are enjoying the band. 

There were a few people being `knobs` in the giant pit that opened up for napalm death on thurs eve, put it this way you could tell who knew what a moshpit was about and who had utterly the wrong idea or was just trying to take the piss, calmed one bloke down myself who was aiming punches at people.....well I say calmed down when what I really meant was shoved the fuck out of the pit as hard as I physically could hopefully leaving him under no false impression that that is not what you do in a moshpit!

Every bloody idiot who hovered above a sit down loo.

After it rained that little bit, they left bloody great clods of mud on the seats,

When it hadn't rained, they left piss trickling all over the place.