Dick move of your festival......

waterfalls212434

Hoping that the rule of if you didn't see any dicks you probably are one coz I thought everyone was pretty top this year.

Besides a crime worse than any you guys mentioned where the lads at the front of West holts on Saturday did a mini medlee of ABC and I Want You Back instead of playing the full versions of each song, had to watch Alt-J after that I was so insulted.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in Stone Circle on Saturday night looking for drugs with a friend when a woman approached us and asked us how our search was going. We told her it wasn't too successful and then advised us to stop immediately. We were a bit confused at first and asked her why, she told us that we would be arrested straight away if the police were to catch us. I told her the police never entered Stone Circle to which, she replied, "you'd be surprised how many undercover police there are at the festival".

My friend then asked if she was an off duty officer and she said no comment.

She put a real dampener on our night and I can't believe anyone would ever take their job that serious. What a boring person.

Only two really shitty incidents.

On the Thursday saw a dealer hassle some (quite,decent,naive) lads (18,19yo maybe) in campsite,kept asking them to buy his wares which they politely refused several times but he kept trying after about 10mins I went and told him to fuck off which strangely he did with no retaliation. Really hate shit like that,if you want to do drugs or anything that's fine but don't ever let anyone push you into it.

Secondly met up with friend sat night for foos and some prick says "I hope they searched her,she's definitely a terrorist" followed by "fucking p*ki" by his mate (she's actually Greek with Indian heritage) I went fucking nuts and that's the first time ever I got that pissed at Glastonbury,if they hadn't of scarpered when I got up I'd have no doubt killed them,sorry but you just don't say shit like that.

Those are the two major ones but agree with every comment regarding the behaviour of some of the crowd,just remember it's the minority and you get twats in all walks of life

1 minute ago, DownlnAlbion said:

Was in Stone Circle on Saturday night looking for drugs with a friend when a woman approached us and asked us how our search was going. We told her it wasn't too successful and then advised us to stop immediately. We were a bit confused at first and asked her why, she told us that we would be arrested straight away if the police were to catch us. I told her the police never entered Stone Circle to which, she replied, "you'd be surprised how many undercover police there are at the festival".

My friend then asked if she was an off duty officer and she said no comment.

She put a real dampener on our night and I can't believe anyone would ever take their job that serious. What a boring person.

Fyi for future reference there are plain clothes cops in fest and a fair few hang out at stone circle. Seen a handful of people busted by plain clothes over the years. They are more interested in the dealers but they are about

Loads of people sitting down near where I was stood relatively far forward before Radiohead started, and moaning and looking completely astonished when people caught them with trailing legs etc.

I think some of them bailed during the set too, and had no interest in the band.

So many Radiohead fans bitching about people talking during the set, get a grip. You were at the pyramid at Glastonbury. Do you people expect the casual & non fans in the field to stand in silence for 3 hours whilst under the influence?

Not everyone is a fan in the headliner crowds, there are many other halfs, dragged alongs and just curious folk just looking to be entertained

Radiohead were that dull that people started to chat, it's simple 

Ain't no one complaining about foos or Edwards crowds talking too much... 

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

I tried to make myself a bit of shield to give someone more space on the way there, so that may have been you. I just can't see how anyone would be a dick to someone clearly panicking but here we are in this thread...

It may well have been, it was all a bit of a blur and I was very panicky for a long time and not making much sense. Thank you so much if you helped me, it was very much appreciated! there are two really vivid ones I remember, an older guy grabbed my arms looked at me and said 'I've been in a crowd like this before, we're all okay, you'll be fine' and a lady who told me to look up to the sky and take breaths. It was awful in there wasn't it, we got stuck in similar the night before in Arcadia but that was nothing compared to that. People collapsing left right and centre. 

Quite a few episodes this year, small ones like the guy loudly asking his mates for papers at the John Peel during London Grammar (the tent is indoors, so no smoking anyway) or the girl who appeared to be doing a Rolo Tomassi interpretation of Radiohead.

But the worst was Saturday night during Foo Fighters, genuinely the grimmest thing I’ve witnessed at Glastonbury. I’d been at The Pyramid for The National and stood on the second barrier with a group of lads. Whilst waiting for Foos to come on in got pretty tight, then someone passed out and a security guard had to go into the crowd. Moments later there was a panicked surge and I looked behind me to see young girls looking scared and falling over. It turns out a woman had barged her way through, not caring about other people on the way.

Everyone knew what she had done, and she stood there like she was entitled to behave like this, but I instantly clocked she had some sort of mental health, drug or alcohol problem. Minutes before Foos go on she taps me on the shoulder and asks to take my spot as she was shorter than me. I just said sorry on the grounds that A I’d been there hours, B I’d be rewarding her for her terrible behaviour, and C she was wearing a top hat, so I wouldn’t be able to see.

The Foos started and a few songs in I hear her talking to the guy next to me, asking to take his spot. He says no and explains they had been there hours, and she had been rude pushing through. At this point she starts screaming, calling him a “F*cking c*nt” and pretty much every swear word in the book. The man next to her asked her to calm down and was then telling her “enough, you’re ruining the show for everyone.” She then starts swearing and screaming at him, others join in, and she starts swearing at them.

The crowd then call security over, but they won’t remove her because it’s not an emergency, although they do warn her if she continues to be abusive, they’ll remove her, take her wristband, and she’d have to go home. I try to focus on the gig again, two songs have passed in this time, but she continues screaming abuse, but now she’s taking pictures of people and threatening to post them online. So security are called back over, they warn her again, then lead her away from the crowd she’s pissed off. At this point the group of lads and the people around me start cheering and yelling “go on, fuck off, everyone hates you.” Baring in mind she has some sort of mental health issue, no matter what she had done, there was no need for them to stoop to that level. 

By the end of this it’s mid ‘The Pretender’ everyone goes back to the gig, and congratulating themselves on a job well done. I’m stood alone, sure I was the only one who saw anything wrong with their response, and wishing I had just let her take my spot.

Edited by BreadMakesYouFat?

The guy who whipped his manky cock out in front of loads of people at Radiohead to piss in a cup, which leaked anyway and then discard the cup next to us. His fuckin gormless mates who stood around laughing. Kids nearby etc. 

I went to them and pick that up you dirty bastards, only to get blank expressions as they shuffled off elsewhere rather than stay amongst their own fuckin mess. 

A bunch of girls came and nearly sat down in it until I warned them. They were grateful. 

Also the family who talked loudly amongst themselves during the pretenders. I leaned over and asked them to speak up as I couldn't hear their conversation over the band playing. That and my best evil stare stopped them. 

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

A good 75% of these sound like cokehead twats. Of all the substances to take when at a festival, why on earth would people take coke? Belligerent, angry w*nkers full of their own self importance. You just don't get these problems with any other drugs. 

(Except alcohol, but I'm a delight when I'm drunk tbf :lol: )

Definitely a lot more coke/sniffing substances this year,saw way more then usually do. Each to their own I guess but just don't let it turn you into a dick

Some guy was exiting the absolutely packed Smyths gig on the Thursday, quite a tall kid, probably early 20's, clearly one of those who loved himself and did not understand the Glasto spirit. Some drunk and much shorter guy approaches him, in a jokey way while dancing, saying something like 'why would you want to leave The Smyths?!'. Young guy proceeds to elbow him in the neck and scarper - effing coward.

A vile young lady calling my 9 year old daughter a f**king little t**t because she accidentally walked into her and spilt some of her drink.. luckily my daughter found it funny, I on the other hand did not, but too balance it out, just after that happened another lady cane over to see if we were both alright after seeing what happened.. so thankyou to that lady if she is on here.

11 hours ago, BreadMakesYouFat? said:

Quite a few episodes this year, small ones like the guy loudly asking his mates for papers at the John Peel during London Grammar (the tent is indoors, so no smoking anyway) or the girl who appeared to be doing a Rolo Tomassi interpretation of Radiohead.

But the worst was Saturday night during Foo Fighters, genuinely the grimmest thing I’ve witnessed at Glastonbury. I’d been at The Pyramid for The National and stood on the second barrier with a group of lads. Whilst waiting for Foos to come on in got pretty tight, then someone passed out and a security guard had to go into the crowd. Moments later there was a panicked surge and I looked behind me to see young girls looking scared and falling over. It turns out a woman had barged her way through, not caring about other people on the way.

Everyone knew what she had done, and she stood there like she was entitled to behave like this, but I instantly clocked she had some sort of mental health, drug or alcohol problem. Minutes before Foos go on she taps me on the shoulder and asks to take my spot as she was shorter than me. I just said sorry on the grounds that A I’d been there hours, B I’d be rewarding her for her terrible behaviour, and C she was wearing a top hat, so I wouldn’t be able to see.

The Foos started and a few songs in I hear her talking to the guy next to me, asking to take his spot. He says no and explains they had been there hours, and she had been rude pushing through. At this point she starts screaming, calling him a “F*cking c*nt” and pretty much every swear word in the book. The man next to her asked her to calm down and was then telling her “enough, you’re ruining the show for everyone.” She then starts swearing and screaming at him, others join in, and she starts swearing at them.

The crowd then call security over, but they won’t remove her because it’s not an emergency, although they do warn her if she continues to be abusive, they’ll remove her, take her wristband, and she’d have to go home. I try to focus on the gig again, two songs have passed in this time, but she continues screaming abuse, but now she’s taking pictures of people and threatening to post them online. So security are called back over, they warn her again, then lead her away from the crowd she’s pissed off. At this point the group of lads and the people around me start cheering and yelling “go on, fuck off, everyone hates you.” Baring in mind she has some sort of mental health issue, no matter what she had done, there was no need for them to stoop to that level. 

By the end of this it’s mid ‘The Pretender’ everyone goes back to the gig, and congratulating themselves on a job well done. I’m stood alone, sure I was the only one who saw anything wrong with their response, and wishing I had just let her take my spot.

Can someone tell me why this guys post was down voted down... what his wrong with some people 

16 hours ago, Pandas said:

Two for me:

JP tent on Sunday. A man in his 50s pushed his way to the front, literally shoving a young lady out of the way.  When he was challenged explained that he had a bad back and needed to sit down. Out came his mini chair between each band so he could sit (pushing everyone back). But then during the acts he was hands in the air, jumping up and down and at one point standing on the chair arms aloft (no obvious back issues).  My daughter was not impressed as he shoved her with his chair.

He asked security for a football that was in front of the stage to put in front of him during Frank Carter to protect from the crush (pushing everyone back). He caught the FC drummers stick and bragged about how he had 4 (the issue I have with this is that there is no way is he a FC fan and there were loads of guys in that audience who would have treasured that stick).

As the JP filled for the Killers he pushed everyone back so he could sit down.  When the Killers started out came the ball again and the guys behind him asked if he could only use it if there was a crush and he told them to move somewhere else if they didn't like it (but at this point there was instant Karma as a soft ball kicked by the security hit him square in the face - much suppressed laughing). It didn't end there, he only sang along to Mr Brightside (no need to be at the front when there was screaming girls desperate to get a look) and I saw him "flicking the V's" to the stage - when I looked, Jimmy Carr was in the corner of the stage and was getting this abuse.

Not a pleasant man at all.  But completely in the minority as everyone else we spoke to were brilliant. Probably a thread somewhere else for this topic; but I loved speaking to people and hearing their Glasto experiences (this year and the past), their tips and plans.  Really made my Glasto this year... thanks to them all.

I was right behind this guy. What a knob. His back seemed fine when FC got us all down on the ground!

During Radiohead two things:

1) Someone pissed on my leg, which prompted me to turn around to tell them off etc. A girl told me to 'chill out' I said would you like me to piss on your leg? I think my anger terrified her, and the whole group moved. 
2) A couple completely off their faces resulted in her sitting on the floor for most of the set. I didn't notice until I moved and stood on her bare foot / leg. I asked her if she was OK - did she need to get out etc. Her fella told me to fuck off and if I stand on her again he will have words with security. 

good morning to everyone except:

- the nasty little c***t who screamed a load of abuse at my girlfriend - mid-panic attack - as we tried to make our way out of radiohead. 

- the prick who climbed the longdrop to peer into the one my girlfriend was using

- the dickhead who had his hands all over my girlfriend's ass during Father John Misty

always so striking to witness the disproportionate amount of shit women have to deal with

3 minutes ago, liamium said:

good morning to everyone except:

- the nasty little c***t who screamed a load of abuse at my girlfriend - mid-panic attack - as we tried to make our way out of radiohead. 

- the prick who climbed the longdrop to peer into the one my girlfriend was using

- the dickhead who had his hands all over my girlfriend's ass during Father John Misty

always so striking to witness the disproportionate amount of shit women have to deal with

What a shower of bastards. Where's frank carter when you need him??

Had a guy at Arcadia ask me if I was a burner ? Must have seen the blank look on my face and as I replied no he said do you know what it fucking is ? I didn't but afterwards and a quick think / google search revealed the drug dealer meaning ?!  Not heard that expression before :( 

15 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

What a shower of bastards. Where's frank carter when you need him??

Yep, that's the standard response from now on. "If you do that again, we'll call Frank".  I am not afraid to stand up to these people (did it a couple of times on the weekend), but the threat of having your head chopped off from an angry Frank will probably stop them doing this sort of thing ever again.  For those who don't know what we are talking about watch the BBC video https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ec584f/play/aq56gw/p0557mwq from 36 mins. Enjoy!