Dick move of your festival......

waterfalls212434

37 minutes ago, kalifire said:

When I left Radiohead's set, I had to pass quite a few people on the way, which I accept is annoying. I did so carefully, gently apologising as I did, trying not to disrupt things as much as possible. Then this happened:

Me (softly): Sorry about this 
Him (loudly): No you're not!
Me: I am actually. Just trying to get past. 
Him: You're not sorry! You couldn't give a SHIT!!

I took umbridge to the idea that I didn't care about disrupting people's enjoyment because I happened to be leaving while Radiohead was on. He was a bit of a dick. Unfortunately I didn't let that go without saying something whilst moving on, and the last I heard of him was the faint yell that I was a "very mean person". 

Had a similar thing during Foo Fighters when I was trying to leave, was relatively far back anyway and some woman gave me a very similar response after asking politely if I could squeeze by.

The woman planted her feet then and was adamant I wasn't getting past easy, unfortunately for her I'm 6,4 and about 16 stone so essentially dropped my shoulder and it didn't end particularly well for her. Didn't feel too great about shoving through her but don't think it was undeserved.

Edited by Mouseboy11

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some photographer from The Guardian tryed to push her way in front of me at the barrier before The Killers so she could get her shot. Apparently the band had specifically asked for there to be no photographers or liggers in the pit but the pure cheek of her sighing and moaning when she realised no one was gonna move for her. I get that it's her job but maybe she should've waited hours like the thousands of paying others did 

Asleep in my tent very drunk and had stupidly left my wallet in the porch, £120 and my sunglasses gone by morning. No one to blame but myself (and the twat who took my cash)

The one that springs to mind for me is a woman trying to get past us about 5 minutes before The XX whilst carrying a giant Yorkshire pudding meal and a pint. It was jammed where we were but we let her past. 

5 minutes later SHES BACK. Only this time she tripped over someone's bag but managed to keep hold of her food. Fair play to her.

The people peeing wherever they want. I'd be all for a zero-tolerance approach to that. Anyone who gets caught has their wristband cut off and just get dumped the other side of the fence.

Nothing else too bad, although the people barging in during the National to get their space for Foos was a bit ridiculous.

Just now, Divein said:

The one that springs to mind for me is a woman trying to get past us about 5 minutes before The XX whilst carrying a giant Yorkshire pudding meal and a pint. It was jammed where we were but we let her past. 

5 minutes later SHES BACK. Only this time she tripped over someone's bag but managed to keep hold of her food. Fair play to her.

If that was a real Yorkshire Pudding I'd have saluted that effort and probably proposed to her but the starch filled artificial mess that they called Yorkshire puds from that place near the Pyramid were bloody disgusting and were not deserving of the name.

Surely someone could make a proper Yorkshire pudding stand. I know there are pizza ovens on site so it's technically possible, I'd be eating there 3 times a day if it existed.

12 minutes ago, Boddah said:

Asleep in my tent very drunk and had stupidly left my wallet in the porch, £120 and my sunglasses gone by morning. No one to blame but myself (and the twat who took my cash)

I disagree, 100% the thiefs fault! They didn't have to take it, it should have been safe in your tent :(

People having conversations seemed rife.

During Radiohead, we were quite near the front by the rear barrier, one woman kept shouting a name out, this turned out to be her dad, I think the son was with her as well. The dad pushed his way over to them, intoxicated, flag in hand and they proceded to have a conversation about what they had been watching that day, with me and my friend inbetween. I managed to get the man to move over next to his daughter but then had his flag dangling in mine and others peoples faces. Thankfully they left after about 20 minutes.

We all enjoy discussing our day with friends and family but please why not do it inbetween acts or even better when you get back to the tent.

I feel really sorry for those people who have had stuff stolen, let's please hope Karma will have the last laugh.

I think the only time I came across some really rude people was just before / during The xx.

A mid-twenties bloke and about 4 or 5 of young girls were standing just where the access point is to the front area of Pyramid crowd (on the right hand side-ish of the crowd - a little hard to explain, but it's where the crush usually is as people try to cram into the front area during act changes). Royal Blood had finished and The xx were starting shortly but me and some friends hung back a little as we weren't fussed about being front and centre.

The group were holding hands and completely blocking this access point - with a huge amount of space in the front area clearly visible (a decent 10-15 metres of square space). Again, this is in-between the band's changeovers, when there's usually a load of crowd movement. All those poor souls who politely asked to squeeze past were told to 'fuck off', 'there wasn't any space' and 'my friend has asthma, she needs this space'. I was absolutely stunned at the hostility in the guy's voice especially. The xx came on and all but one of their group had the back to stage, talking loudly over the set and never glancing away from their phones. If I had been desperate to see (and hear) The xx I would have been fuming. 

Working on a gate this year I said to a guy that he needed a pass out to come back in. His response was "why do I need one when I've paid money for a wristband". He then continued to get very upset and throw insults at me. I told him that I don't make the rules and he can speak to my supervisor.

he then got so upset with the fact he needed a pass out he said "you know what fuck this place I ain't coming back". Left without all of his stuff. Don't know why the dude was so upset about collecting one single slip to make sure you could get back in, he had a valid ticket and all.

baffling dick move of the weekend, wonder if he regrets his actions. Still unsure why it made him so upset.

Edited by Matt42

I cant piat the pic in my phone but someone had there chair set up propped against the no seats allowed sign outside the acoustic on Sunday. 

It wasnt even on purpose from how I perceived it. Just being a nob, still funny though. 

Everyone continually talking at every gig.

Special mentions to:

- the group of Australians having shouted conversations all the way through First Aid Kit, only to stop to sing Emmylou really loud, and continue talking through the last tune

- the woman who screamed the words to Sunday Morning Coming Down so loud that I literally couldn't hear the music on stage. Ruined an already shaky Kris Kristofferson gig for me.

- the guy who tried to start a fight with me whilst I was finding my way back to my friend at West Holts during Solange. I'd even gone out that way and told everyone I was coming back!

And finally

- Toots and the Maytals, for not turning up.

53 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

some photographer from The Guardian tryed to push her way in front of me at the barrier before The Killers so she could get her shot. Apparently the band had specifically asked for there to be no photographers or liggers in the pit but the pure cheek of her sighing and moaning when she realised no one was gonna move for her. I get that it's her job but maybe she should've waited hours like the thousands of paying others did 

We had lots of this in the Leftfield before JC. Actually got a 'do you know who I am???' type comment before he proceeded to film it on an iphone. 

People chatting through a headline gig...just don't get it! We had a group in front of us for foos, just in front of sound stage so really busy and crammed in; who just chatted all the way through. One of them also spent 50% of the gig on Snapchat - not even with pics of the pyramid, just pics of her and her boyfriend...

Lots of people weeing where they shouldn't too; I shouted at a lot of them and kept getting told off by my husband who thought I was going to get beaten up.

Generally lovely people tho - just don't get the chatting during a headliner - go further back and have lots of space for your chat or go watch something you want to watch!

I am happy that I missed pretty much all this behaviour this weekend. Bit of chat at RHead, but nothing to take from the show. 

I did spot a chap taking a slash against a long drop door... And I'm pretty sure the long drop itself was empty. That may have been down to excess... 

Also, my own efforts at RTJ on getting inside the front barrier, stuck at the centre of a forming mosh pit... I had bitten off more than I could chew. Good fun though.

Not too may issues this year with the usual littering/peeing issues (is it me or are the toilets cleaner as well compared to several years ago?)

The only real dickish thing I saw was leaving the site and seeing a Confederate flag in Busy Grounds.

1 hour ago, Doug85 said:

Other than that the line of b*stards i seen p*ssing up against the urinal dividers during Foo Fighters, they were literally 5 yards away from the actual urinal. I think they should be automatically thrown out of site if you are caught doing this, such disrespect.

Went to see Meavis talk on the sunday(?) and he said some people had been thrown out for urinating on the land and there would be more of that at future events

I do feel like I saw a lot more of it this year, but I don't really have the gumption to challenge them for fear of aggression

20 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Not been to the acoustic tent for a few years now I think about it.

It's like a branch of Marks and Spencer in there. Comforting. Safe. Polite. Terribly British - all real ale and Pimms in tins. Full of middle aged people. 

Cracking venue ;) (and the backstage bar is bloody ace as well!)

1 minute ago, Kay95 said:

Went to see Meavis talk on the sunday(?) and he said some people had been thrown out for urinating on the land and there would be more of that at future events

I do feel like I saw a lot more of it this year, but I don't really have the gumption to challenge them for fear of aggression

Really pleased to hear this. I've always made an effort to challenge in past years, but you're right- as they know they're in the wrong they react with aggression: I've been called everything from 'bitter' to a 'pig'. Can really spoil things, so tried to avoid it for my own mental health this year. Consequently it's hard to tell whether there was less of it or if I just shut it out better.

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The three asshats in front of me who moaned loudly through the first 6-7 songs of Radiohead then had a massive go at me when I asked them to shut up.

Hugh were you the one who told them "seriously shut the fuck up some people enjoy the verses as well as the chorus" if so you're a hero these twats were doing powder and moaning for  all of radiohead 

8 minutes ago, Kay95 said:

I confronted a wall full of people pissing on the floor at the door of one of the urinals and one of them gave me some clapback so I got up in his grill a bit.

First time I've seen someone simultaneously pissing and shitting himself.