A thank you to security & Medical Staff

Digsys Dinner

On our 7 hour trip in the Que on Wednesday morning, my missus unfortunately had a bit of a struggle and got severe heat stroke and dehydration, once we had made it to camp we made our way over to the the John Peel tent to get a bit of shade but as we got there she began to violently vomit and was on the verge of fainting, quickly approached a member if the security there who radio'd through for some medics. While we waited, 6 absolute burly sweethearts kept coming over to look after her and keep bringing her cold water before the ambulance arrived and we were taken over to the medical tent. The staff were unbelievably kind and awesome, in which they were clearly run off their feet! 

Read a few bad security stories this morning but wanted to show the flip side, i cannot thank them enough, it was a panicky start to the festival but they were bloody brilliant! In all my years going I've been lucky to have never needed to use their services but you couldn't wish for better. It was the missus's first festival and her first experience! But thanks to the medical staff & security it didn't dampen our festival and by time we got out in the evening and a good kip later, we had an incredible time! 

I apologise if this clutters the board or what not, just wanted to show my gratitude somewhere for the great work that goes on behind the scenes that many of us luckily don't get to experience! 

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I've emailed your thank you to my friend who runs the nurse team at Festival Medical Services.

Could I have this email address please? I need to thank them personally for how incredibly well I was looked after on Saturday afternoon when I'd drank WAY too much during British Sea Power, they were absolutely heroic.

6 minutes ago, pantu the dog said:

Could I have this email address please? I need to thank them personally for how incredibly well I was looked after on Saturday afternoon when I'd drank WAY too much during British Sea Power, they were absolutely heroic.

info@festival-medical.org

Unit 1 & 2 Wayside Farm, Evercreech, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 6QW

i also work for FMS on the ambulance team and would like to thank everyone I treated this weekend for being so nice and grateful for our help.

Edited by Earthwindandfire2205

Good to know the FMS were on hand if needed. I'm Mountain Rescue and my missus is a 30 year nurse. I ended up treating her myself on Wednesday for heat after the queues but she wasn't too bad. I did consider calling in a medic though. 

We ourselves kept an eye on one or two 'casualties' over the weekend but there was one security guy in the Pyramid field who's in the Army and he did a sterling job as well