King Gizz (JP)                    9/10

Frank Carter                        7/10

The Killers                            6/10

Cinematic Orchestra          8/10

London Grammar               8.5/10

Ed Sheeran (first 30 mins)  5/10

Justice                                    8/10

Overall 8.5/10

Wish I had my Saturday over again to be honest.

Thurs

The Smyths. 7 ....seen them loads but good crowd

Fri

Hacienda Classical 7

Blossoms 6

Circa Waves 7

Glass Animals 6. Too far back just chilling 

Royal Blood 6.5  arrived late but wasn't blown away

The xx 9

Radiohead 10.  Set of the weekend. Near the front could see the stage set up and lights. Played as much as they will do the greatest hits. Did fake plastic trees which I'd never seen them do before

sat 

bootleg beatles 6,5

Maggie Rogers 7.   Awful spice girls cover rescued by great Neil young coverX

The Moonlandinz 7,5  fucked up lias enjoyed it

Wild beasts 7.   Top band left early for Corbyn

Corbyn 9

Run the jewels 8.5..   Something new fresh and different for pyramid, good crowd after corbyn for it

The national 8. One of my faves,  would be more but for all the new songs in short slot, mates with me who didn't know much liked the band and Matt

Sasha and digweed 8.5.    On one!

Sunday

King gizzard 8.   

Haim 7,5 good crowd liked it more than I thought

Courteeners 7.  Got the crowd going with the old hits

Metronomy 9 perfect end,   not a massive crowd in Jp so got good spot  and crowd well up for them.  

atles

1 hour ago, whateverman said:

I know this is very much a 'to each - their own' type of thread, but I find the above a very strange arrangement of letters and numbers indeed.

Yeah does not compute. I was totally won over by that set, it was cracking fun !

4 hours ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

Will just say Flaming Lips - 10

Went along with my best mate. Wayne Coyne stopped the song 'How', got down from the stage walked over to him and gave him a hug and I got to shake his hand. He then carried on with the gig.

Don't really get much better than that I don't think.

Jealous.....

wayne and I would have shaken hands if it hadn't have been for a zorbing ball in the way...

i watched it back on iPlayer and saw the random hug though... assumed he was Wayne's mate not yours.!

what a show though.!?

Thursday

Showhawk Duo - 8/10

Rainbow Dome Musik - 4/10

The Orb - 4/10

Dr DJ - 5/10

Rhythm of the 90's - 10/10

Friday

Hacienda - 6/10

Charlie XCX - 7/10

Nothing But Thieves - 4/10

Royal Blood - 9/10

The xx - 8/10

Major Laser - 7/10

Saturday

The Bootleg Beatles - 5/10

Jools Holland - 6/10

Craig David - 8/10 (shocked myself!)

Run The Jewels - 8/10

Liam Gallagher - 5/10

The National - 7/10

Foo Fighters - 10/10

Sunday

Slaves - 5/10

Deaf Havana - 6/10

Dropkick Murphys - 7/10

King Gizzard - 6/10

Frank Carter - 8/10

The Killers - 9/10

Biffy Clyro - 9/10

I've not included a few bands that I didn't catch a complete set, plus I saw a band at West Holts on Friday that I can't remember the name of. I also missed anything into the night! I left after Biffy too, so missed Justice. 

Edited by vintagelaureate
Typo

Not a lot due to my work structure.  I've not included circus or comedy or DJ's in bars etc.

Fri

Lekkido 8

Kate Tempest 10

The xx 10

Radiohead (first 90 mins) 3 (but It was a good chance to catch up on some emails).

Dizzie (end of) 7

Flamenco Thief 7

The Curious Little Big Mad Cow Egg Band (fusion band) 7

Sat

Songhoy Blues 9

Joe Goddard 10

Alt-J 8

Arcadia show 9.5

The Egg 9

Sun

Nick Mulvey 8

King Gizzard 9

Weds

New York Brass Band - Very flat vs previous years. Ended up getting off quite quickly - 5

Thur

Hunee - Probably the most fun DJ set I've ever witnessed. Ideal early evening fare - 9

Skream - the elrow thing was really fun. Absolutely rammed but the tunes kept on flying in - 8.5

Fri

H8BB - A great start to the festival proper with the Hot 8 party. There's only one score I can give - 8

First Aid Kit - I'd got quite excited about these two before the festival and it was justified. Was a tiny bit gutted they never played Shattered and Hollow - 8

Kris Kristofferson - Respect to the fella for getting up there and the most minimal staging of the weekend but quite considerably past his prime - 4

The XX - Feels like I'd waited a life time to see them and a pivotal set for the band. 10

Anderson Paak - The Future - 10

Dizzie Rascal - Lots of fun. Don't think I was quite in the right spot, with plenty of people not in a grime frame of mind - 6

Mylo - Really nice set but didn't play the hits - 7

Sat

Whitney - So glad I made it out of bed for this. Beautiful set and really won the crowd over - 9

Afriquoi - The soundtrack to a peng jollof rice and a boogie - 7

Craig David - Throwing in a Drake cover in the TS5 section bagged the 8 - 8

RTJ - Never thought they would fly on the main stage but some unreal skanking going on just behind the crush barrier - 8

Katy Perry - I never really fancied this one but with the whole team there it went off - 8

The Avalanches - Was in an awful spot so missed out badly here - 6

Stormzy - Seminal performance in the history of Grime - 10

Warpaint - Magical set - 9

Sun

Bronwyn Leonard - Won't make it - 2

Laura Marling - Really enjoyed this from a vertical position at the back of the pyramid field - 8

High Society (Circus tent) - Mind blowing trapeze act - 8.5

Kiefer Sutherland - Jack Bauer, President Tom Kirkman and his Country act has pretty much made him Mr. America. Obviously just went to see him and hear him speak but it was actually pretty good. Had to leave early to see... - 6.5

Chic - One of my favourite gigs ever. Perfect in so many ways - 10

Cinematic Orchestra - After all that dancing at Chic the ambient electronica of CO was a welcome breather before the evening ahead - 7.5

Kano - Unfortunately had to leave half way through to make it for Justice but just wow - 9

Justice - Set of the weekend and that is saying something - 10

El Dusty vs El Freaky - Cumbia, Hip Hop and Trap, all banging. What a discovery - 8.5

Hercules and Love Affair - Blissful house - 8.5

Kevin Saunderson - Pushing the feeling on - 8

Future Dub Project - last jam of the weekend - 7

Edited by Nduja

Thursday:

Circa Waves - 7
Everything Everything - 8

Friday:

The Ramona Flowers - 7 (just a shame the crowd was so small)
Blossoms - 7
Circa Waves - 5 (WG suited them so much better)
Declan McKenna - 8
Elbow - 7 (slow start)
Clean Bandit - 7 (Followed friends but they surprised me, good fun)
Dizzee Rascal - 5 (Was probably too drunk by now to enjoy properly tbh, but was boring)

Saturday:

Gabrielle Aplin - 7 (Knew nothing about her but left really impressed) 
Busted - 8 (Sue me...was great fun in that tent but missed Jezza which was a shame)
Katy Perry - 5 (Shit sound where we were, let down)
The National - 6 (Band I looked forward to the most, but setlist and crowd ruined it)
Foo Fighters - 9 (Much needed after the previous two performances)

Sunday:

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes - 8 (Knew nothing on him but he put on such an epic show)
The Killers - 10 (Couldn't ask for anything else from that set)
The Courteeners - 7 (Love them but his voice had gone and we were drained after Killers)
Ed Sheeran - 7 (Alright, but wasn't a headline set. Some good singalongs though)

Foo Fighters 10

Biffy 8

Jools Holland 10

The Pretenders 6 but only because the sound was awful

LG only because I had to. 4

Paul Carrick 10

Bootleg Beatles 8

Barry Gibb 10

Nile Rodgers 10 

Laura Marling -5 ( a couple got up and left next to me saying that it's the most woeful act they had ever seen ) I actually agreed 

Jamie Cullum 9 surprising 

The Blossoms...I left after the first 2 songs 

Thursday 

Gekko - 8 - really impressed only heard of him via these boards a couple days before so thanks.

Everything everything - 6.5 - they sounded good but too much of a crush took a lot of enjoyment out of it. 

Friday 

Charlie xcx - 7 - good fun pop and hilarious seeing the pink streamers cover the bull and watching the tech guys working out what the hell they were gonna do. 

Glass animals - 7.5 - really enjoyed the set, great energy, sound seemed a bit off tho. 

The XX - 7.5 - Loud places into on hold was glorious. Crowd around me stopped this being a lot higher.

Dizzie - 6.5 - felt a bit desperate at times but last 25 were back to back bangers . 

Saturday 

Bootleg Beatles - 6.5 - good fun but didn't wow 

Billy braggs radical round up - 9 - some beautiful songs , atmosphere was great before JC 

Katy Perry - 8.5 - such a good level of drunk, room to dance and a load of bangers 

Stormzy - 8.5 - great set, energy and humble performance. 

Alt j - 9.5 - had a great spot and the sound and visuals felt incredible. I have watched it back and doesn't translate particularly well.

Sunday 

Dr dog - 6.5 - nice set in crows nest, hadn't heard them before but was entertaining .

Nick mulvey - 9 - beautiful voice , New songs sounded excellent.

Jain - 9.5 - arrived 20 mins before there was about 20 people in the tent. Was shocked. She absolutely killed it, so much energy and great songs. 

Metronomy - 10 - fantastic party to see out the festival. The look was out of this world 

I saw a few I don't know the names of on Wednesday/Thursday, so this is from Friday onwards, with poetry & words, theatre, caberet & speaker's forum events not included.

Friday:

• Hacienda Classical - 7.5 - Worked wonderfully on the Pyramid against my fears, but felt a little static and only just got going when it ended.
  • Hot 8 Brass Band - 8 - Fantastic start to West Holts with a massive crowd!
  • Liane La Havas - 10 - A highlight of my entire weekend. Incredible voice and connection with the crowd.
  • Kate Tempest - 10 - Devastating set, leaving West Holts shell shocked. Unbelievable stuff.
  • Radiohead - 5 - Naval-gazing dirge, approaching inaccessible. At least until after I left, apparently. Awful screen presentation. Disappointing.

Saturday:

• Jools Holland - 6.5 - He was alright. I find him quite irritating as a person, but the music was jolly enough.
  • Thrill Collins - 8.5 - Never heard of them prior but turned a crowd who'd come to the Bread & Roses to escape rain into a singing, whopping, laughing bunch. Clever, funny musicians.
  • Craig David - 9 - Unexpected set of the weekend. Just sheer fun from start to finish (even though his material couldn't extend the set time)
  • Run The Jewels - 8.5 - Lacked a little something I can't put my finger on. But, high energy, great music and the crowd were up for it. Absolute respect to Killer Mike.
  • Katy Perry - 6 - New material sucked. Sound tech issues ruined the flow for me. She's got a bizarre on stage personality. The hits were the hits, though.
  • Dizraeli & Downlow - 9 The 'way out west' headliner for me but he didn't disappoint. Conscious, British hip hop and a killer DJ.

Sunday:

• Barry Gibb - 7.5 - Wonderful back catalogue of solid tunes but his voice has gone and this worked in spite of him, I think.
  • Shaggy - 5.5 - Didn't work for me. Far too much self-congratulation and all the stopping/starting was annoying.
  • Lucy Rose - 7.5 - A bimble discovery. I really enjoyed hearing the story behind her music. One to follow up.
  • Justice - 9.5 - High energy, terrific lighting rig, really positive crowd, great music. An absolute winner.

Other remarks:

• I regret not seeing more. Loads of acts were spread over distant stages or clashed, so I had to sacrifice London Grammar (seeing them in Melbourne in September anyway) and Ani DiFranco (didn't like the look of the acoustic stage crowd and fancied a party), two of my must-sees going in.
  • For all the talk of this being one of the truly great years, I felt weirdly disconnected from it and ended up feeling like I'd missed something.
  • I spent a lot of time in quieter fields this year and loved exploring the festival while crowds were massed at hugely popular acts. There are some wonderful little nooks and crannies with all sorts of things happening that will never be mentioned but are no less wonderful.
  • Too. Many. People. And inadequate crowd control, from the hoards getting in during 35 degree heat on Wednesday with no direction, no water, no timescales given, to the bottle necks between stages. This needs sorting out.
  • Lose this relentless focus on dance music after dark, please.
  • Aside from Wednesday, perfect weather.
  • I got serious sleep in on Wed/Thurs. Hitting the Friday onwards feeling refreshed is a nice feeling.
  • I drank less! A serious victory for me. I actually took home the litre of vodka I brought with me and spent £310 overall, which included eating very well throughout and a couple of t-shirts as well.

Edited by kalifire

Wednesday

Atlas Wynd - 4

Stay Hungry - 5

Love & The Daisy Petals - 5

Bert Miller And The Animal Folk - 6

The Frukes - 4

Sam Walker - 7

Mal Webb & Kylie Morrigan - 6

Formidable Vegetable Sound System - 5

Adam Scott Glasspool - 5

Gecko - 6

Tankus The Henge - 9

Thursday

Gecko - 7

Mr. Tea And The Minions - 7

Josephin And The Artisans - 5

Elle And The Pocket Belles - 5

Tankus The Henge - 8

Showhawk Duo - 5

Rationale - 7

Pumarosa - 8

Circa Waves - 6

Everything Everything - 10

3 Daft Monkeys - 7

Friday

The Pretenders - 6

Glass Animals (BBC Introducing) - 6

Black Honey - 8

Blossoms - 6

Fujia & Miyagi - 9

Mark Lanegan - 6

Future Islands - 6

Dr. John Cooper Clarke - 7

Phil Nichol - 7

Stephen K Amos - 8

Frank Sanazi - 6

Sindhu Vee- 5

Andrew O'Neill - 8

Tania Edwards - 6

Daniel Sloss - 7

Saturday

The Moonlandingz - 8

Joey Page - 5

Paul Currie - 8

The Lounge Kittens - 7

Spencer Jones - 5

Kirsty Newton - 6

Toots & The Maytals - 0

Aurora Dawn & Screamin Skulls - 5

Mik Artistik's Egotrip - 6

The Jacksons - 8

Angie Belcher - 6

Stephen K Amos - 7

Kai Humphries - 6

Craig Hill - 8

Sunday

She Drew The Gun - 8

Dr. Dog - 7

All We Are - 6

Lissie - 9

Barry Gibb - 6

Chic - 9

Courteeners - 6

Jain - 9

Metronomy - 7

Edited by FrankieX
Forgot Toots & The Maytals. In My Defense, so did Toots & The Maytals.

Wednesday 

Thrill Collins 7

Three Daft Monkeys 7

Thursday

Ultimate Power Ballads 8

The Smyths 9

Showhawk Duo 8

Old Dirty Brasstards 7.5

Friday

Hacienda Classical 6

Paul Carrack 5

Blossoms 8

Circa Waves 5

Tom Chaplin 10

Radiohead 8

Saturday

Bootleg Beatles 8

India Electric Company 6

The Eskies 9

Jeremy Corbyn 10

Run The Jewels 9

Liam Gallagher 6 (Due to shite sound quality at the other stage, since watched on iPlayer and he was miles better than I'd thought)

Avalanches 7.5

Stormzy 8

Foos 9

Sunday

Slaves 8

The Smyths 8 (Not quite as good as Thursday for me)

Frank Carter 10

Killers 10

Courtneeners 8