Did you leave a trace?

Chipbarm

So did you take everything home with you? With working on the recycling crew I only left at midday and noticed quite a lot of tents had been left especially down by the beat hotel. Really narks me as these tents were in excellent condition and if I hadn't been in a rush to get home I would have taken a few.

On walking back to Toms Field I spotted a camp at the top of pyramid hillwith proper sofas and a actual dining table. I hope these people took them home and didn't use the farm as they're local council tip.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We cleared up our camp as much as we could...everyone took their tents back with them apart from 1 of the group, who at least put it down and in a black bag. All we didn't pick up was all the dirty baby wipes lying around as we had no gloves. Think almost everyone in our camp filled up a black bag on Monday morning which was good to see  

I spotted loads of chairs lying around us still in their bags so I took 5 chairs home which is ideal as we're having a BBQ in a few weeks :D 

Looked a little bit better than usual when I left around 9am (trekked across from off site PGB to PGA).

Next stop, educate people to use the bins during the Fest. 

I shouldn't feel proud about to but do, first time ever I managed to keep my wits about me enough to not leave a single trace. Used reusable cup and my own bottle all week and portable ashtray. Didn't drop a single piece of litter.

big shout out to litter and loo crews this year. Stellar job! 

We used a trailer tent this year and stopped at West.

I checked the area several times before leaving making sure that we hadn't left any trace of rubbish. The bags were then taken to the recycling point.

I had a look at the BBC webcam earlier and saw that there are loads of tents etc left. It's probably better than previous years but with the weather being so good this year I had hoped the majority of people would take their stuff.

It's a real shame that some people will always treat the place with little respect, there were still plenty of people peeing on the land this year also. My friend gave a few a quick push mid flow which I found amusing.

We stayed at Camplight on Pennard and the 25 quid clean campsite deposit they had was a great idea. They should increase the number of spots for this - would be difficult to enforce such a deposit for the whole festival. 

Noticeably some areas were worse than others. Pennard was bad but our other friends stayed up near Cinarmegeddon and large parts of those fields were reasonably clean. 

HItchin' Hill was looking much better than previous years though I left at 6am so I've no idea how many tents were left unoccupied. The majority that had left had cleaned up - few shitty areas but better than usual. 

Loos were mostly spotless this year - well done to the volunteers and the campsite crew (who I understand volunteer for the local school) - very friendly and helpful as always!

Left no trace. All the tents for about 20ft around us in Paines (except 1 giant disaster tent) completely cleared their stuff. 

I also didn't leave a trace all weekend. Didn't drop anything on the ground and even made a point of picking up bottles that weren't mine. I don't understand how people can be so disrespectful to this amazing place? 

Also-when I was up at the park stage for Temples the grass was lush and clean and no garbage to be seen. Was really refreshing. 

So many tents left at our campsite at Pylon Ground. We packed up our own tents and I also bagged a new tent, solar shower, chair and loads of other camping bits from the stuff that had been left behind. And that was after a heavy night and returning to our tents to sleep at 10am on Monday morning! It was so depressing to see the amount of perfectly usable stuff that had been left behind :(

9 hours ago, Chipbarm said:

So did you take everything home with you? With working on the recycling crew I only left at midday and noticed quite a lot of tents had been left especially down by the beat hotel. Really narks me as these tents were in excellent condition and if I hadn't been in a rush to get home I would have taken a few.

On walking back to Toms Field I spotted a camp at the top of pyramid hillwith proper sofas and a actual dining table. I hope these people took them home and didn't use the farm as they're local council tip.

Possibly the biggest cue to virtue signal I've ever seen on here. You'll have a ton of people happy to tell you how they cleared up their camp and everything within a quarter of a mile...and picked up litter everywhere they went throughout the festival. 

Gold stars all round. 

My stove died on the Thursday, which was rather alarming at the time, so that got dropped off at the bins.  Apart from that I managed to get everything taken away.  Sadly my tent disappeared from the luggage rack on the train home, it was a bit worn but still had a festival or 2 in it.

5 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

Possibly the biggest cue to virtue signal I've ever seen on here. You'll have a ton of people happy to tell you how they cleared up their camp and everything within a quarter of a mile...and picked up litter everywhere they went throughout the festival. 

Gold stars all round. 

so you didn't then ? because I'm pretty sure lots of people on  here did and can leave with a completely clear concience thats why lots of people volunterally signed up to become worthy warriors its not about stars its about a lovely clear farmland and the cows getting back in those lovely green fields as soon as possible 

Took everything with us and supplied bin bags to a few youngsters around us who did make an effort after we gave them a little nudge. However busy the stage I still managed to crush/stamp on my cider can and then stash it in my rucksack. 

I left no trace and popped stuff lying close by into bins while  wandering around. I also put empty beer cans into my pocket to recycle later. Every little bit helps.

Edited by sime

We were camped in Park Home Ground & took six big blacks of rubbish/recycling over before we left, donated a blanket with the campsite crew (who were all lovely btw, if any are reading) & then (just about) lugged everything else back to the car. 

The people camped just behind us, however, made absolutely no attempt to take anything home at all. They left at least four big tents like this standing in a circle. From the outside they all looked perfectly reusable - so we considered taking them down & getting them over to the donation point - but when we looked inside they were covered with vomit and literal shit. On top of that everything else had then been chucked & trashed in a pile in the middle; multiple air beds, decent looking duvets/pillows, non-perishable food stuff all mixed in with your usual rubbish they clearly just hadn't bothered to put in a bin bag at any point over the weekend. Again we considered having a tidy up but it would've been one hell of an effort & there was still excrement around. 

Anyway, silver lining is the group clearly had about four braincells between them as, according to some of the camp crew we got chatting to about lunchtime yesterday, they'd left their tickets in with the rubbish. So the crew took a bunch of photos and are passing the ticket details to those higher up, hoping a ban comes about. 

Edited by MattDavies__

I wasn't as on the ball this year, last year I literally took everything home with me, all rubbish came home with me and went in home recycling, this year I left a few empty cans and empty food containers in various bins around the site, and 2 bags of rubbish in the refuse area in E17. 

All that was left where we camped was flattened grass.

we had a camping chair and stool break whilst at the festival but they still came home with us and will either be fixed or disposed of appropriately.

Worthy View for the 2nd year, and it was again ridiculously clean when we left, pretty much as clean as when we arrived on Wednesday.

all the walkways in between tents were spotless, and loads of the tents whose occupants had already gone home had their doors left open to signal that they were ready to take down, and we could see that people had taken everything with them.

I suppose it was a good sign that even at 8am the recycling waste and general waste points were almost full.

took all our stuff home and cleared the area, unfortunately, there were a group behind us who left litter and broken camping gear strewn all over the place, their excuse was that they had to rush to catch their coach and didn't have time to clear it up, in that case, why didnt they just wake up a little earlier to at least put the rubbish in the recycling??

last year someone posted a video of the site after everyone had gone home, would be good to see another one this year and compare it to last years

Edited by prestonmike

We left our campsite as clean as a whistle. All fag ends picked up as we meandered around the festival and made a point of picking up a dry cup / some non-scummy waste whenever we picked ourselves up from where we'd been sitting. Things seemed better this year but they should have been. Big praise for the warriors who kept the site looking great.