Rude,pushy,aggressive young girls

Uh-Oh!

Just going to pitch up and say some people might be like me, socially inept anxiety cases who are actually having a good time even if outwardly that doesn't show.  About the limit to my movement is a bit of waste wiggling and head bobbing at a gig, doesn't mean I'm not happy to be there.  I love seeing people having a good time, don't judge them for how they do that and hope those around me would look at my own way of spending my festival and feel the same.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, frostypaw said:

Confused you thought it seemed younger this year - I thought the opposite. Saw relatively few of the 18ish bracket, they seemed to be missing.

Agreed about the more matures though - so many "ooh I must bring my parents" and folk who aren't really suited to festivals turning up now that it's seen as a bit more luxury and respectable treating the place like goddamn glynebourne.

The A-level exams were still ongoing for all of last week.

16 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

That explains it! Did wonder

15 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

I had SO many pissed off students! Glastonbury is a touch earlier this year, hence the clash.

Yeah, my son is in the middle of his. Proper pissed off. Even more so when I texted him, twatted, after Radiohead. Didn't even realise til I checked my phone the next morning!

"Cheers Dad"

Bleedin' feminists, there's a Silver Haynes thread round here full of stories of how they dared to say no to men, probably were rude and pushy as well.

In all seriousness this thread is so petty compared to that one, there's a real problem with a certain group of one of the genders, it isn't rude young girls.

The chains of people (mostly girls) holding hands and barging through folk did get on my nerves a bit at times. Almost clotheslining some people as they went past and refusing to break the chain despite it being easier to do so at times.  I did want to say to them that in all my years of festival going, anyone lost has always been found and indeed those lost tended to have a great time discovering things away from the main group. The one time I tried I just got scowled at <_<

It's nothing to do with feminists or misogynists. Some people are just twats.

I was trying to get out of the crowd during Royal Blood and there was a teenage/early 20's girl blocking my path. I said "excuse me" to her very nicely and she didn't even look at me despite the fact she definitely would have heard, so I said it again a bit louder and she glared at me but still didn't move... said it again, and still she glared but didn't move aside so I just pushed past her. She screamed (literally screamed) "OWWWWWWWWWW THAT FAT COW JUST PUSHED ME". I just stopped and said "I said excuse me three times you stupid girl" and then very quickly went on my way before she started screeching again. 

Charming, hey?

Edited by JoBalls

8 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

It's nothing to do with feminists or misogynists. Some people are just twats.

I was trying to get out of the crowd during Royal Blood and there was a teenage/early 20's girl blocking my path. I said "excuse me" to her very nicely and she didn't even look at me despite the fact she definitely would have heard, so I said it again a bit louder and she glared at me but still didn't move... said it again, and still she glared but didn't move aside so I just pushed past her. She screamed (literally screamed) "OWWWWWWWWWW THAT FAT COW JUST PUSHED ME". I just stopped and said "I said excuse me three times you stupid girl" and then very quickly went on my way before she started screeching again. 

Charming, hey?

Her ticket could have gone to somebody nice. Ho hum. I wonder if she goes through life looking for things to whinge about...

I got elbows from drunk older men, spun into by oblivious teenage girls and glares from drugged up lads at various points. It's more about the levels of alcohol and drugs that makes people behave in such a way rather than a specific group or gender or age group.

I came across more of the 10/10 Coachella-type girls this year, girls that are used to having men do anything for them and therefore are quite entitled. One girl asked me if I had a lighter, fair enough, but after I said no she told me to ask my friend and then told my to ask everyone around me. She seemed truly shocked when I just shook my head and told her no.

Another funny memory was during Rationale at William's green on the Thursday. A girl came bursting past me, elbows wide, looking all angry like and determined to get past everyone. What was funny was that she was dragging a girlfriend that was apologizing to everyone. A proper and effective "good cop bad cop" scenario.