Rude,pushy,aggressive young girls

Uh-Oh!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the way in to Shangri La on Thursday a group of girls decided to run at a crowd of stationary people in a bid to barge through and started abusing everyone who took offence to them doing so. Cretins. I'll let you guess what part of the country they came from...

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm glad no men were being dicks at all over the weekend, as otherwise you'd look like a misogynist wally.

An obrservation pal, so take your head out of your PC ass, I aint doing some fuckin whataboutery shit with you, The pushy young girls was a thing this year, true other acts of dickheadery were available, but loads of people were commenting on being shoved in the back whilst watching a gig and having a train of girls barge past, normally followed by their beta boyfriends

NB. Thinking about it, I did not see many men behaving badly other than just general drunken tomfoolery. Perhaps you were camped at dickhead central or something

Edited by Uh-Oh!

37 minutes ago, Uh-Oh! said:

if the aim of modern feminism is to make young girls rude, pushy and aggressive, on the evidence of Glasto 2017, well done, you succeeded

Well...I think you might have missed the point of feminism, which doesn't really have anything to do with being a dick. 

There certainly were a lot of pushy young girls around though, I just give them a shove and they usually stop doing it.

Edited by Thunderstruck

Also women (and girls particularly, being younger) tend to be shorter than men/boys, so if they want a decent view of the stage they often need to be closer where there's fewer people in the way. This isn't helped by the fact that I assume most women wouldn't risk wearing high heels or similar on ground which is uneven and potentially muddy.

53 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Anyone who uses the word tomfoolery like that is either a troll or as much of a thick old shit as he sounds, I wouldn't waste any time on him if I was the rest of you 

apparently...

saying your words is "Lovely friendly efestivals chat forum" (obviously said sarcastically) 

While labelling all young feminists as "rude, pushy and aggressive" couldn't possibly be unfriendly. :lol:

'I only saw x happening so that must of only been what was going on' thread. 

There are some awful people in the world, guys and girls. Some of them attended Glastonbury. Just before Frank Carter came on a guy litterly got his dick out and pissed up the back of a girls leg, followed by laughs and high fives from his friends, he then left with them. 

During Justice a girl near the sound desk squarted down and pissed on the floor, followed by a kiss from her boy friend. She then pushed her way past everyone elbows out with her boy friend giving looks of death to anyone who wouldn't let them. 

But hey, your experience. 

Sadly I saw quite a few groups of people being obnoxious and dickish over the weekend of both sexes.

Worst was a group of (accent redacted) people at Emeli Sande who were utterly fucked and clearly up to no good. Two guys were clearly briefing a third one on how to pick pocket people while they were dancing. Luckily as there was nobody at Emeli Sande they didn't have any opportunities, but they made my wife and I feel rather uncomfortable.

2 hours ago, Uh-Oh! said:

NB. Thinking about it, I did not see many men behaving badly other than just general drunken tomfoolery. Perhaps you were camped at dickhead central or something

"drunken tomfoolery"?

Does that include being rude, pushy and aggressive by any chance?

Biggest dickheads I saw was during Kaiser Chiefs and Liam Gallagher, talked all the way through both sets doing all sorts of substances bold as brass. Then someone with the same accent told me to "fuck off laa" after I told him not to piss in a bush. 

I was with my 8 year old next to a group of lary girls for stormzy and was a bit wary of them...once he started they noticed her on my shoulders and asked her to come down and all took turns to dance with her and made her the centre of attention and were very nice to me as well so i guess its easy to judge and i know i was a bit of a self centred excitable idiot at these things when i was younger but it was a lovely moment for her!

I had a group of girls who would not stop talking (which sounded more like screaming) during First Aid Kit. Talking about how great their dresses were and taking Instagram shots etc. I politely asked them to keep it down a bit which lead to them getting louder and laughing. One of their guy mates came over and apologised to me. You will always get a few from both sexes but overall the people I met over the festival were fantastic. 

3 hours ago, Uh-Oh! said:

An obrservation pal, so take your head out of your PC ass, I aint doing some fuckin whataboutery shit with you, The pushy young girls was a thing this year, true other acts of dickheadery were available, but loads of people were commenting on being shoved in the back whilst watching a gig and having a train of girls barge past, normally followed by their beta boyfriends

I'm pretty sure I see people complaining about strings of hand-holding girls pushing past every year. I think the general consensus was just to man-up, ignore it and  carry on having a good time. You could come and have a good moan about it but I can guarantee they will be back next time and not sure what you can do about it apart from get your knickers in a twist. B)

I'm sure the bad behaviour came from all ages and sexes, although I only saw it from young girls and one older couple, starting with waiting for the coach. Not sure it's to do with feminism, more with untaught manners and general arrogance. Some of it you can roll your eyes at and laugh off - or laugh at them, some of it was downright ignorant, such as talking all the way through a set you're trying to hear after barging in front of you.

There was a group of posh kids off their faces shouting over Toots on the Truth stage Saturday night. I told one of them to be quiet and they got all aggressive, obviously coked up. That was the only trouble I encountered with anyone thankfully, managed to avoid all the knobs with my choice of acts to watch.